Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #17,161 of 18,531
The original Elan had 1DD + duel Sonion Bc the Elan + 1DD+duel Sonion BC+BA
They've been opened and checked.
The DM had 6mm DD for conduction the NaLe hasn't been opened yet so everything about that is conjecture
Thanks :) , if there was no difference in configuration between ELAN and NaLe then why announce same model with different name. However, it is clear now there is no Sonion BC in NaLe though as per the new description of Nale in the IMR website. It will be interesting to see if Nale has different tunning than Elan.

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #17,162 of 18,531
Hi everyone, I don't know whether to be satisfied or not..
I opened a dispute through PayPal and shortly after Imr started sending the Enigmas to everyone, unfortunately I never received a response from Bob for my order, it would have been enough just to reply to PayPal which were in the preparation phase but nothing... obviously it wouldn't have changed much because until I physically received them I couldn't close the dispute otherwise it couldn't be resumed and I no longer trusted it.. within 10 days everything was over and the entire amount was returned to me..
Well, I'm a bit sorry, I'll see in the future whether to get them through eBay or something else, in the meantime with the new availability of liquids I'll add substance and launch myself on my first totl between Eeraven, Rn6, Anni23... or save a little and go towards Oriolus Monachaa..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962198464...GnwEotwRN-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #17,163 of 18,531
Thanks :) , if there was no difference in configuration between ELAN and NaLe then why announce same model with different name. However, it is clear now there is no Sonion BC in NaLe though as per the new description of Nale in the IMR website. It will be interesting to see if Nale has different tunning than Elan.
Because he wanted a new cheap instock mass produced iem
Obv he failed at that
The driver on the nale and dm look the same and in the same location altho apparently the dm driver is suppose to b bigger

Will try and a-b them again but my ears r tuned into the enigma atm lol

I cant open the nale,
I tried but the metal is fragile and started to chip by the 2pin plug( was trying to pry it open with screw driver otherwise its a solid iem)

I wish the enigma had the same finish as the nale ( not shell) it looks so nice and sleek
I dont like the black finish lol

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #17,164 of 18,531
Yes, you are 100% correct. It is not. That's why I've already returned it and got a full refund.
I am sure that Hiby has other remarkable DAPs. Hiby created this for Generation Z, as they say.
Agree! My favorite small dap is Hiby R5 Saber. It has old android and not the most resolving capabilities, but it works decent as usb transport and the sound is musical and energetic. Works great with darker iems. It’s pity that all decent modern android players are much bigger.

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #17,165 of 18,531
Dont get me wrong, i do take your point, although cymbals in some regards can sound tonaly really sweet they certainly dont take any prominence with music but in some ways thats what i love about them !
I think there is some trade off between natural tonality and the crash of brass with Avalon
Sometimes i love a thunderous drum and crashing cymbals but then THAT is what i am specifically listening to and enjoying which is great but kind of takes me away from enjoying the music as a whole
Both are really enjoyable at different times though.
My preference and what really doodles my noodles is when i hear realism & a natural 'true-to-ife' sound so Im always looking for that and am over impressed with hard hitting bass or super clear clarity etc etc
One thing that fascinates me the Avalon is the more acoustic, more organic the music the sweeter and 'better' they perform.
I never know quite how each album i try will sound. They often surprise me with what aspects of the music shine.
Anyway, they do what IMR does best - They are a set that offers a specific set of qualities and does it very well !
All about that synergy as well.
What filters do you use on Avalon? I’m stick to black-black, but want to try something esle for comparison :)

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #17,167 of 18,531
Because he wanted a new cheap instock mass produced iem
Obv he failed at that
The driver on the nale and dm look the same and in the same location altho apparently the dm driver is suppose to b bigger

Will try and a-b them again but my ears r tuned into the enigma atm lol

I cant open the nale,
I tried but the metal is fragile and started to chip by the 2pin plug( was trying to pry it open with screw driver otherwise its a solid iem)

I wish the enigma had the same finish as the nale ( not shell) it looks so nice and sleek
I dont like the black finish lol
Hey, thanks so much. At least you tried :)
No need to ruin a perfectly sounding IEM just to verify the configuration. As you rightly guessed, it appears to be the mini version of DM sound-wise.

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #17,169 of 18,531
Max bass, max treble. I'm also in the black and blue club.

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #17,170 of 18,531
I do black bottom and blue top 2.
Seems the best for me.

Max bass, max treble. I'm also in the black and blue club.
Yes, I too like it but it is depenedent on your player. if you have warm sounding DAP/DAC,then Black bottom is too much bass for me. It is the one of the best combination for neutral to bright sounding player. For everything else I dial the bass a notch down for clarity.

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #17,173 of 18,531
Yes, I too like it but it is depenedent on your player. if you have warm sounding DAP/DAC,then Black bottom is too much bass for me. It is the one of the best combination for neutral to bright sounding player. For everything else I dial the bass a notch down for clarity.
I will try and reduce bass a bit and see what happens with Avalon and Seraph

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:28 AM Post #17,174 of 18,531
With the New 2023 DD variations I'm a blue bottom red top so that's for Titan, Elan + BC and Rah With the EDP ace it's grey bottom red top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back