HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #406 of 715
Just got my M300, it updated 2 times, did factory reset. Downloaded Poweramp into it... Takes forever to scan the the music folder... and then, after scanning.. shows empty... might show songs, but if I go to "artist" or "album artist" doesn't show anything.
Tried with the card that has worked fine on hiby R3 PRO, got M300 because wanted to use android and poweramp... I have uninstalled and installed power amp multiple ties, but can't figure out what is the problem. Any ideas?

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #407 of 715
Just got my M300, it updated 2 times, did factory reset. Downloaded Poweramp into it... Takes forever to scan the the music folder... and then, after scanning.. shows empty... might show songs, but if I go to "artist" or "album artist" doesn't show anything.
Tried with the card that has worked fine on hiby R3 PRO, got M300 because wanted to use android and poweramp... I have uninstalled and installed power amp multiple ties, but can't figure out what is the problem. Any ideas?
UAPP took less than 4 seconds to scan around 2000 WAV files on my SD card

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #408 of 715
Do you guys think that the M300 can benefit from more playback time, like does the sound improve after some burn-in?

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #409 of 715
LHDC as well as the in-house developed HiBy UAT are available as options in the free HiByMusic player for Android smartphones.

They're not shown as options on the M300 or say the R series android players, I'm pretty sure that's because they're built right into the players, but let me check and get back to you.
Ok just checked, unfortunately LHDC is not a feature of any Hiby hardware device.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 16, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #410 of 715
Did you just insert the card into the M300 (which is fine) or did you format the card inside the M300 somehow?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #411 of 715
Have you enabled the music folders for scanning (with the tick) like this?
1705409177298.png

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #413 of 715
Have you enabled the music folders for scanning (with the tick) like this?
::::::::
EDIT::: Found the reason.

My music library has been with me for a loong time... and for I had bunch of files that had HUGE pictures attached on to them... Music was 20MB and pic was 110MB so File was 130 and for some reason poweramp was not happy with this... I hope now it will run smoothly...
:::::::::::::::::

Yes.
First I used microsd straight from packet...
Then I used another microsd that I used with my R3 Pro saber
Then I formatted the first 1tb micro sd with M300.. added bunch of files.. and always the same thing:

I choose the folders... it takes a bit time but then starts to scan... Scans files and folders... then it goes to "songs" and at some point.. it just stops and shows 0 to everything BUT then shows songs, but if I go to "album artist" or "artist" it tells me "looks like nothing"

I have reseted M300, uninstalled and installed poweramp, multiple times... and everytime the same problem... I don't understand why?
poweramp works fine on phone, on my DX170, on my tablet... all of course older version of android than M300... could there be something to cause this?
And poweramp bought and DL'd from google store

Hiby music app took it's time but it shows the songs and artist and album artists...

I just don't understand why poweramp wont work. I would prefer it.
Any ideas could the formatting of the sd card effect, and if, how should I format it?

Or is there any problems with android 13 and poweramp?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #414 of 715
The marketing guys dont like the bezels...images on the product page have almost no bezels compared to the actual product. Did anyone notice it and does it bother? I for once was surprized to see this and thought I got a knock off. But when I saw other pictures posted here and noticed the same bezel.

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #415 of 715
The marketing guys dont like the bezels...images on the product page have almost no bezels compared to the actual product. Did anyone notice it and does it bother? I for once was surprized to see this and thought I got a knock off. But when I saw other pictures posted here and noticed the same bezel.
I'm comparing the unit to stock pictures on store.hiby.com and don't know what you mean?

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #416 of 715
As for the Bluetooth chipset used, it is the one integrated into the Snapdragon SoC used here, but does not support "Snapdragon Sound"

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #417 of 715
As for the Bluetooth chipset used, it is the one integrated into the Snapdragon SoC used here, but does not support "Snapdragon Sound"

Yes... I thought so and I figured so.

None of my wearable Bluetooth DAC/headphone amps, neither the iFi GO Pod nor the FiiO UTWS5, can play LDAC 990/909kbps when paired with the M300. Constant stuttering and cut offs. LDAC 660/606kbps works OK.

One might argue that this is a DAP, to be used with a cable and I agree. What saddens me, though, is that the overall sound quality of the M300 is mediocre to me.
I've been listening to Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube Premium and my own WAV files, using my 64 Audio Volür. I've been listening for 3 - 4 hours. Then I paired my FiiO BTR7 to my Samsung S23 Ultra, always using LDAC 990/909kbps, listened to the same music, and the sound was better! I could not believe it and I cannot explain it! But with my BTR7 the sound is more dynamic, more clear and crisp, it really sounds Hi-End!

This is why I asked about burn-in time. By the way, for my WAV files I've installed UAPP on the M300.

Anyways, we will see...

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #418 of 715
I'm comparing the unit to stock pictures on store.hiby.com and don't know what you mean?
hiby.jpg

Excuse my poor photo editing skills. You can notice the bottom home bar placement and the wider black bezels all around.

Attachments

• hiby.jpg
    hiby.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #419 of 715
Yes... I thought so and I figured so.

None of my wearable Bluetooth DAC/headphone amps, neither the iFi GO Pod nor the FiiO UTWS5, can play LDAC 990/909kbps when paired with the M300. Constant stuttering and cut offs. LDAC 660/606kbps works OK.

One might argue that this is a DAP, to be used with a cable and I agree. What saddens me, though, is that the overall sound quality of the M300 is mediocre to me.
I've been listening to Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube Premium and my own WAV files, using my 64 Audio Volür. I've been listening for 3 - 4 hours. Then I paired my FiiO BTR7 to my Samsung S23 Ultra, always using LDAC 990/909kbps, listened to the same music, and the sound was better! I could not believe it and I cannot explain it! But with my BTR7 the sound is more dynamic, more clear and crisp, it really sounds Hi-End!

This is why I asked about burn-in time. By the way, for my WAV files I've installed UAPP on the M300.

Anyways, we will see...
BTR7 has better audio components than M300, hence it will sound better. Also, M300 is not designed for audiophile like quality hi-fi sound, hence using high end iems will clearly show the deficiencies in sound quality of m300. M300 is rather an all-rounder which can do a lot at such a low asking price. Oddly enough, it appears that they have cut corners in the sound department.

Jan 16, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #420 of 715
BTR7 has better audio components than M300, hence it will sound better. Also, M300 is not designed for audiophile like quality hi-fi sound, hence using high end iems will clearly show the deficiencies in sound quality of m300. M300 is rather an all-rounder which can do a lot at such a low asking price. Oddly enough, it appears that they have cut corners in the sound department.
Thanks, this is my first DAP, ever.

What is your opinion about the FiiO M11 Plus ESS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back