Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 3, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #17,132 of 18,541
Im going to give Avalon some listening time this week. I always felt the electric guitars and vocals and the basss were amazing . But the cymbals were missing the sweetness and sounded a little like the snare.
Let me investigate the Avalon again this week.
Dont get me wrong, i do take your point, although cymbals in some regards can sound tonaly really sweet they certainly dont take any prominence with music but in some ways thats what i love about them !
I think there is some trade off between natural tonality and the crash of brass with Avalon
Sometimes i love a thunderous drum and crashing cymbals but then THAT is what i am specifically listening to and enjoying which is great but kind of takes me away from enjoying the music as a whole
Both are really enjoyable at different times though.
My preference and what really doodles my noodles is when i hear realism & a natural 'true-to-ife' sound so Im always looking for that and am over impressed with hard hitting bass or super clear clarity etc etc
One thing that fascinates me the Avalon is the more acoustic, more organic the music the sweeter and 'better' they perform.
I never know quite how each album i try will sound. They often surprise me with what aspects of the music shine.
Anyway, they do what IMR does best - They are a set that offers a specific set of qualities and does it very well !
All about that synergy as well.

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #17,133 of 18,541
64 Audio has this thing, Linear Impedance Design (LID), which seems to work really-really well!

Linear Impedance Design (LID) is a patented circuit that corrects the non-linear electrical resistance of the multiple driver-sets comprising this 10 driver IEM. Varying source amplifier output impedance in devices like smartphones, body packs, DAC/amps, and DAPs typically results in varying frequency response, depending on the increase in resistance. Restoring proper interaction with the source and preserving the desired sound signature enables a consistent reliable sound.
LID is interesting tech (very similar in concept to the FIBAE tech from Custom Art. It basically removes the source as a cause for some SQ issues, specifically the ones related to the output impedance of the source and the impedance curves of the drivers being used in the IEM. Or to translate that to real English:

The original CA Andromeda used to sound bassy and warm on some DAPs and almost lean and dry on others, depending on what the output impedance of the source was. If it had LID, it would sound the same on all sources.

LID shouldn't affect how an IEM handles different audio file formats, good or bad recordings, streaming quality etc. - it's just one piece of the puzzle. Guessing the 64 Audio house tuning does more of the heavy lifting in making the Volūr sound good with almost anything, which is impressive enough in its own right. The OG Noble high end models like the K10 had a similar way of just making rhythm everything sound good. :wink:

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #17,135 of 18,541
LID is interesting tech (very similar in concept to the FIBAE tech from Custom Art. It basically removes the source as a cause for some SQ issues, specifically the ones related to the output impedance of the source and the impedance curves of the drivers being used in the IEM. Or to translate that to real English:

The original CA Andromeda used to sound bassy and warm on some DAPs and almost lean and dry on others, depending on what the output impedance of the source was. If it had LID, it would sound the same on all sources.

LID shouldn't affect how an IEM handles different audio file formats, good or bad recordings, streaming quality etc. - it's just one piece of the puzzle. Guessing the 64 Audio house tuning does more of the heavy lifting in making the Volūr sound good with almost anything, which is impressive enough in its own right. The OG Noble high end models like the K10 had a similar way of just making rhythm everything sound good. :wink:

Yeah, well... I am not sure exactly what LID does, I believe you, what I know is that it sounds fantastic with everything I am listening to, and that is what genuinely matters to me!

Recently, I got the Hiby Digital M300. I got it as my first DAP, ever, I wanted to listen to my Volür with a DAP. After a few days, I've returned it and got a full refund: it up-samples everything to 192kHz. The sound was OK.

Then I got the FiiO M11 Plus ESS. Now, this DAP sounded really great! Not that much greater than my GO Pod but I genuinely liked its Sound Quality. Besides that, it was bulk, much heavier than my S23 Ultra and Amazon Music Unlimited was not bit-perfect, even though everything else {YouTube Premium, Qobuz) was. I could not justify £600.00, though, especially when FiiO will bring out its successor this Fall = around Jan - Feb 2025, so I've returned it and got fully refunded.

I am willing to bet you that, if I would still have the Elan+ it would still treat some of my music badly, even with these DAPs.

Crap Recording does not mean crap Music. I am genuinely happy my Volür allows me to enjoy all of my Music!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #17,136 of 18,541
Recently, I got the Hiby Digital M300. I got it as my first DAP, ever, I wanted to listen to my Volür with a DAP. After a few days, I've returned it and got a full refund: it up-samples everything to 192kHz. The sound was OK.
I find it strange. why this DAP will up-sample everything to 192kHz unless you choose to upsample the recording. I had some hiby player in the past; never found it like this.

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #17,137 of 18,541
Feb 3, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #17,139 of 18,541
Thanks, But I failed to find that it oversamples everything to 192 in the article. anyway, let's not deviate this thread. There is already a separate thread of Hiby 300
Sure, if you or anyone else is interested, there is more to read here
Personally, I do not care about that DAP anymore.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #17,140 of 18,541
So far i have been so enjoying my enigma +
Defo best iem out there
It makes all other iems sound like crap
The enigma is so clear and detailed
Bass is alive and massive
Infact the way bob has done it is clever imo
He placed the dd driver far back to the side ( u can hardly see it though the nozzle ) and when the bass hits, it vibrates the shell for added immersion

The mids r so clean and detailed
You get lost into the music its crazy

Also again another iem that for me benefit's from wide bore tips

Looks like i need to have a massive iem sell out lol

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #17,141 of 18,541
Imr na-le 😁
20240203_193328.JPG
20240203_193355.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back