• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 15, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #15,886 of 18,013
Sorry you are totally right ๐Ÿ‘
I started my IMR journey with the Zenith Gen 2 so totally forgot the 1st Gen were different!
Zenith 2 is a fantastic IEM. The bass was a little overdone compared to Semper and Titan, so I ended up selling it. But the combination of the huge DD and piezo driver really created a unique soundstage. Might have been the most spatially-accurate IEM I've heard. Just amazing with ambient electronica. I miss that IEM.

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #15,887 of 18,013
How are you finding the iFi Go Pods if you don't mind me asking?
I'm considering selling a few bits including my iFi Go Blu and buying the Go Pods?
The only reason I'm hesitant is they look rather big?
If you are into Bluetooth and Sub-Bass like me you MUST audition the Edifier NeoBuds Pro they are AMAZING for on the go๐Ÿ‘
They have a 10mm Dynamic & 1 Knowles BA and LDAC Hi-Res and they sound fantastic with Electronic 'Hip-Hop, Pop ect..
They are only ยฃ99 on Amazon UK and you get 3 months return so if they are not for you just return for a full refund?
Like you i am using Bluetooth 90% of the time due to convenience and these have become my daily out & about drivers, iv even purchased a second pair in white incase anything happens to my black set!
They have very crisp high amazing Sub-Bass extension and with LDAC are completely noise free with fantastic clarity across the board.
The iFi GO Pod, for me, is the most amazing and unique device of its kind, as we speak!!

As you can see in my signature, I also own 2 pairs of the FiiO UTWS5. I used to enjoy the UTWS5 and it kept me going for quite some time but after getting the GO Pod, I realized what I was missing! Of course, it wasn't my fault as it was not available.

The GO Pod synergises phenomenally with all the IEMs you can see in my signature and I am sure it will synergise perfectly with the one I will soon purchase! Only with the Elan+ it did not synergise well and this was the reason I've returned it, went for the Enigma+DE, just to have it lost in the mail and get a full refund.

The GO Pod sounds SO good to my ears that I am very rarely using my other, decent, devices like the Qudelix-5K, the FiiO BTR7 and the Mojo 2! With the IEMs I currently own, they are not much I know, I do not feel I am losing anything while listening to LDAC 990/909kbps versus wired.

Also, it does not feel big or uncomfortable to me as I was used to the UTWS5, in the sense that I was used to wearing something on my ears.

Thanks for your suggestion but my plan is to buy a really good IEM and use it with my GO Pod. :)

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #15,888 of 18,013
I marvel at the small group of IMR fans, whines, complains, and upset, but when the product is out, all joyful! One might say we are the "swaying weed" - only lean toward the winning side, but to me, it's a strange love & hate toward IMR, I am not sure which one of you experiences similar emotions just because of an audio gear, I for one never did, only IMR. Seeing the photo of the enigma gives a ping of hope, ok, not just a ping, but a big relieve; while mine is a CM which has little to do with the UIEM, but I still feel excited, eager to hear about the review once you receive yours. I sincerely hope, IMR will cherish this small bunch of whiny but loyal followers, create more great gear, commute with more transparency, and trust its fans that IMR will get many more support if the equal amount of respect is provided.
In my part, the tracking was not updated up to this point, fair enough since I got my refund, I am no longer an obligation to IMR, but I still congratulate them on the enigma; and the same goes for what I said - I appreciate Bob's gesture in refunding me, and I will gladly pay up immediately if the CM materializes.
For now, I will sit back and enjoy your hopefully very soon review on the enigmas!
ps - I was surprised at how emotional I was when I woke up seeing the photo of the enigma on the thread, MUSIC MOVES:ksc75smile:
I don't think you can call people "whiny" for being messed around having spent hundreds of pounds. IMR is a business at the end of the day. I had a look thru the old, "Trinity Audio" thread and that thread ended the exact same way this one seems to be heading. Bob got a pass from some loyal customers back then for supposedly not being involved in the business side.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/trinity-audio-engineering-what-the-future-holds.828234/post-14413412

Dec 15, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #15,889 of 18,013
I don't think you can call people "whiny" for being messed around having spent hundreds of pounds. IMR is a business at the end of the day. I had a look thru the old, "Trinity Audio" thread and that thread ended the exact same way this one seems to be heading. Bob got a pass from some loyal customers back then for supposedly not being involved in the business side.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/trinity-audio-engineering-what-the-future-holds.828234/post-14413412
I think it's really interesting how closely Trinity and IMR parallel. Even to the point of Bob trying to sell products through Penon.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri...he-future-holds.828234/page-194#post-14667585

Dec 15, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #15,890 of 18,013
Zenith 2 is a fantastic IEM. The bass was a little overdone compared to Semper and Titan, so I ended up selling it. But the combination of the huge DD and piezo driver really created a unique soundstage. Might have been the most spatially-accurate IEM I've heard. Just amazing with ambient electronica. I miss that IEM.
Just read this and thought oooo i haven't listened to them for months added the Nicechk Silver Cat cable Dunu SS tips blue bottom gold tops and wow the Bass is earthquake levels and the stage is so expansive. Really should use these more.

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #15,894 of 18,013
Waiting for Enigma
IMG_20231216_113125.jpg

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #15,895 of 18,013
The iFi GO Pod, for me, is the most amazing and unique device of its kind, as we speak!!

As you can see in my signature, I also own 2 pairs of the FiiO UTWS5. I used to enjoy the UTWS5 and it kept me going for quite some time but after getting the GO Pod, I realized what I was missing! Of course, it wasn't my fault as it was not available.

The GO Pod synergises phenomenally with all the IEMs you can see in my signature and I am sure it will synergise perfectly with the one I will soon purchase! Only with the Elan+ it did not synergise well and this was the reason I've returned it, went for the Enigma+DE, just to have it lost in the mail and get a full refund.

The GO Pod sounds SO good to my ears that I am very rarely using my other, decent, devices like the Qudelix-5K, the FiiO BTR7 and the Mojo 2! With the IEMs I currently own, they are not much I know, I do not feel I am losing anything while listening to LDAC 990/909kbps versus wired.

Also, it does not feel big or uncomfortable to me as I was used to the UTWS5, in the sense that I was used to wearing something on my ears.

Thanks for your suggestion but my plan is to buy a really good IEM and use it with my GO Pod. :)
Thank you for your impressions it's much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘
Iv been reading LOTS of reviews and most Reviewer's say the Go Pods+IEM with LDAC is 99% comparable to wired+mid-fi DAP which pretty much made my mind up to sell my iFi Go Blu and add the extra cash and buy the Go Pods BUT then i read a review which commented on something which could be a real deal breaker considering the size of the charging case!
If possible could you confirm this?
It was said that if you turn off/disconnect from Bluetooth they will only turn back on when placed back in the case. This would mean you need to carry the case with you at all times if you intend to turn then on & off through out the day and considering the size of the case this would be impractical in many sinaro's!
I would appreciate it VERY much if you could test this for more because as mentioned above it could be a deal breaker due to the huge size of the charging case!
Thanks in advance for your help i appreciate it very much ๐Ÿ‘

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #15,896 of 18,013
Thank you for your impressions it's much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘
Iv been reading LOTS of reviews and most Reviewer's say the Go Pods+IEM with LDAC is 99% comparable to wired+mid-fi DAP which pretty much made my mind up to sell my iFi Go Blu and add the extra cash and buy the Go Pods BUT then i read a review which commented on something which could be a real deal breaker considering the size of the charging case!
If possible could you confirm this?
It was said that if you turn off/disconnect from Bluetooth they will only turn back on when placed back in the case. This would mean you need to carry the case with you at all times if you intend to turn then on & off through out the day and considering the size of the case this would be impractical in many sinaro's!
I would appreciate it VERY much if you could test this for more because as mentioned above it could be a deal breaker due to the huge size of the charging case!
Thanks in advance for your help i appreciate it very much ๐Ÿ‘
Hello, I am replying to you here now but for further questions, please post in the respective thread, iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!

When it comes to the case, it is indeed big, it cannot be carried in the pocket of your jeans, maybe if you're wearing a jacket or something but still, it is not meant to be carried unless you will put it in a bag. That's why I never carry it with me, as there's no reason to do so!

The GO Pod can play LDAC 990/909kbps, constantly, for 7 hours, so I do not need to carry the case with me, ever!
It is not true that you need to put the GO Pod back inside its case to power it on again. If you have read this in a that review by corgifall here, please know that they are mistaken, and I have already told them so.

What is actually happening is this:
The GO Pod will shut itself down after 30 minutes without data. So, if you will stop playback and you won't receive a call, either, for 30 minutes, it will then auto-shutdown. This time interval was 10 minutes but it has been increased to 30 minutes after the latest Firmware update, which is V1.54.

All you have to do to power on the GO Pod again is to tap-and-hold on each ear-hook. You tap-and-hold the right one, and this powers on the right ear-hook. Then you tap-and-hold the left one and it powers on, as well. That's it!

What the GO Pod lacks right now is a power off sequence. They might add it in a future Firmware or maybe not. No worries, though, because if you want to shut it down you can either wait for 30 minutes until it will auto-shutdown or you can disconnect it from the Bluetooth Settings of your phone. It will then enter the Pairing state but after 5 or so minutes, it will auto-shut down.

One last thing from me, since we are in the IMR thread. IF you are thinking of purchasing the GO Pod to use it with IMR IEMs, I can confidently tell you that it does NOT synergise well with them, at least with the Elan+

That was the reason I returned my Elan+ then went for the Enigma+ then it got lost, I am now fully refunded, super happy and ready to order the 64 Audio Volรผr on Monday afternoon, if I will get some green signals!

PS: I am on Android 14 and I am using a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #15,897 of 18,013
Hello, I am replying to you here now but for further questions, please post in the respective thread, iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!

When it comes to the case, it is indeed big, it cannot be carried in the pocket of your jeans, maybe if you're wearing a jacket or something but still, it is not meant to be carried unless you will put it in a bag. That's why I never carry it with me, as there's no reason to do so!

The GO Pod can play LDAC 990/909kbps, constantly, for 7 hours, so I do not need to carry the case with me, ever!
It is not true that you need to put the GO Pod back inside its case to power it on again. If you have read this in a that review by corgifall here, please know that they are mistaken, and I have already told them so.

What is actually happening is this:
The GO Pod will shut itself down after 30 minutes without data. So, if you will stop playback and you won't receive a call, either, for 30 minutes, it will then auto-shutdown. This time interval was 10 minutes but it has been increased to 30 minutes after the latest Firmware update, which is V1.54.

All you have to do to power on the GO Pod again is to tap-and-hold on each ear-hook. You tap-and-hold the right one, and this powers on the right ear-hook. Then you tap-and-hold the left one and it powers on, as well. That's it!

What the GO Pod lacks right now is a power off sequence. They might add it in a future Firmware or maybe not. No worries, though, because if you want to shut it down you can either wait for 30 minutes until it will auto-shutdown or you can disconnect it from the Bluetooth Settings of your phone. It will then enter the Pairing state but after 5 or so minutes, it will auto-shut down.

One last thing from me, since we are in the IMR thread. IF you are thinking of purchasing the GO Pod to use it with IMR IEMs, I can confidently tell you that it does NOT synergise well with them, at least with the Elan+

That was the reason I returned my Elan+ then went for the Enigma+ then it got lost, I am now fully refunded, super happy and ready to order the 64 Audio Volรผr on Monday afternoon, if I will get some green signals!

PS: I am on Android 14 and I am using a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thank you for clearing that up for me indeed i did readi it here!!
Also, I will post on the correct Go Pod for further info๐Ÿ‘
Regarding the synergy with Elan+
I actually sold my Elan+ after a long burn-in which did not settle down the harsh treble peak i was experiencing!
Maybe this is why they did not work well with Go Pods?
To be honest i was REALLY disappointed with the Elan+ unlike every other IMR which i have own & enjoyed, so after a bit of research & back & forth with Bob i discovered the Balanced Armature's used are not Sonion or Knowles they are Belkin the same as what KZ use!
If you are not familiar with Belkin they are a Chinese Company who mass produce cheap Balanced Armature Drivers. Once i discovered this i realized what was producing the harsh treble peaks!
I was actually pretty annoyed when i found this out due to the price of Elan+ and not using high quality Sonion or Knowles BA's drivers was seriously cutting corners in my book!
It's understandable for companies like KZ & CCA there most expensive IEM is around ยฃ100, but Elan+ cost 4 times this!
Just one quick one before i go regarding Go Pods, I actually want them to go with my Penon 10th AE which i currently use with my Go Blu but would love to get rid of the cables entirely ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Anyway, once again thanks for your help and clearly up the misunderstanding the Go Pods are for sure my next buy?
Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to All๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #15,899 of 18,013
Thank you for clearing that up for me indeed i did readi it here!!
Also, I will post on the correct Go Pod for further info๐Ÿ‘
Regarding the synergy with Elan+
I actually sold my Elan+ after a long burn-in which did not settle down the harsh treble peak i was experiencing!
Maybe this is why they did not work well with Go Pods?
To be honest i was REALLY disappointed with the Elan+ unlike every other IMR which i have own & enjoyed, so after a bit of research & back & forth with Bob i discovered the Balanced Armature's used are not Sonion or Knowles they are Belkin the same as what KZ use!
If you are not familiar with Belkin they are a Chinese Company who mass produce cheap Balanced Armature Drivers. Once i discovered this i realized what was producing the harsh treble peaks!
I was actually pretty annoyed when i found this out due to the price of Elan+ and not using high quality Sonion or Knowles BA's drivers was seriously cutting corners in my book!
It's understandable for companies like KZ & CCA there most expensive IEM is around ยฃ100, but Elan+ cost 4 times this!

Just one quick one before i go regarding Go Pods, I actually want them to go with my Penon 10th AE which i currently use with my Go Blu but would love to get rid of the cables entirely ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Anyway, once again thanks for your help and clearly up the misunderstanding the Go Pods are for sure my next buy?
Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to All๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ
Wow, I see, I didn't know that!...

All the best to you, man! :)

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #15,900 of 18,013
Wow! this is a revelation. Bob always used reputed BA drivers like sonion or knowles in the past. This is really annyoing and disappointing.
Desperate times call for desparate measures!

How did you find out about this though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back