Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 18, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #13,126 of 18,086
Per IMR's website, Titan has an 11.5mm DD with quad electrostatics and dual bone conduction drivers. I suspect there's some magic dust sprinkled in the shells as well.

The coherence and clarity is out of this world. I just played an old favorite of mine, Feed Me - Trapdoor, and the lower bass/subbass reproduction of that track is absolutely hands-down the best I've ever heard in any IEM or headphone. Ever. Frankly it rivals my stereo setup with 12" Rythmik servo sub. Just incredible.
Holy crap - that is some set of drivers o_0
I cant see the Titans listing anywhere though :/

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #13,127 of 18,086
It was - It started because I wanted to buy a cheap roll of film and they wanted to haggle and they got annoyed at ME for refusing to haggle and I just give them like $2

I was 'Up haggling' for a pair of jeezus creepers (sandals) as well which made it slightly more pythonesk :D

Probs going to need to start calling you Monty Parker from here on in... :wink:

Jun 19, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #13,128 of 18,086
I suspect that in that gap between 4k n 8k bone conduction drivers ad something to make this huge freq loss not so deep. Maybe classic microphones are not able to perceive bone conduction boost
Could be true. MEXT has the BC tuned to 2-5 kHz to emphasize that region, so maybe Bob uses BCs that way also. I can say that MEXT definitely has a deep stage and high resolution. Those frequencies can't really be as subdued as shown in the graph, or a ton of detail would be lost.

Jun 19, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #13,129 of 18,086
Was listening to Elan+ tonight and it was sounding a bit weird. I remembered an image I'd seen on the web and moved the direction of the nozzle in my ear and all sounded much better again.

Its not something I think about much but there are times when my music sound ethereal and other times it just sounds ok. Ive realised how much 'mood' 'tiredness' and even if my belly is full or not can have an effect on the perception of how music appears to me but I had forgotten sometimes how important the nozzle position can be !

I say this more in relation to the Elan+ because Im aware of how I try to make sure as much of the back of the shell is in contact with my head as possible to maximise the conduction of the bone conduction motors and maybe because of this I sometimes push the nozzle out of an ideal alignment?

Finally found the image I was thinking off...

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 00.20.56.png

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 00.02.51.png

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #13,131 of 18,086
Did anyone else get a shipping notice for Na-Le? I got one yesterday, but of course no tracking yet.
Shipping data is being inputed this week. I believe they will physically be shipped end of this week or early next week

Jun 20, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #13,133 of 18,086
Just remembered I did this for real in Jerusalem - I got so annoyed at having to haggle for everything I started haggling in reverse offering more and more money
At one point after a heated session my friends dragged me away and when I looked back he was literally hopping from foot to foot shouting at me ...'15 shekles' At this point I was up to 55 shekles :D

You're a very naughty boy :relaxed:

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #13,134 of 18,086
Jun 20, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #13,138 of 18,086
I got nothing

Ditto. I'd almost forgotten I'd ordered them... when was it?... back in 2003?...

Same here. Still waiting...
Getting a tracking number for a pre-order IMR item does not mean anything significant for last one and half year. Titan tracking numbers were available in november last year, then re-generated again in March this year and utlimately most of the actual shipment received by the Royalmail at the end of last month only.

I received my tracking number yesterday. I don't know about Event horizon, but I believe that we should be able to get Na-Le and Zion in next couple of months. Interesting thing is that there is no final picture of Na-Le and Zion is availabe in either facebook or instagram yet.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #13,139 of 18,086
Seraph are very tip dependant imo, Azla Crystals sound almost perfect with EDP Ace: sharp bold notes (whereas Azla Max soften the sound) but they make Seraph sound overly bright and push the mids way too forward, spinfits control that, but even IMR silicones sound surprisingly good apart from narrower soundstage and they're a bit 'boomy'. In fact each different tip I try affects Seraph noticeably it's like swopping filters. Spinfits are quite good but mid bass is much more distant sounding.
As Crystals work so well on the EDP Ace I automatically thought they'd work as well on Seraph which isn't the case.

Jun 20, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #13,140 of 18,086
Seraph are very tip dependant imo, Azla Crystals sound almost perfect with EDP Ace: sharp bold notes (whereas Azla Max soften the sound) but they make Seraph sound overly bright and push the mids way too forward, spinfits control that, but even IMR silicones sound surprisingly good apart from narrower soundstage and they're a bit 'boomy'. In fact each different tip I try affects Seraph noticeably it's like swopping filters. Spinfits are quite good but mid bass is much more distant sounding.
As Crystals work so well on the EDP Ace I automatically thought they'd work as well on Seraph which isn't the case.
I guess it is because of the BA drivers. Have you tried Acoustune 07 or Spiral dot eartips or Azla sendan Light(short) yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back