• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 18, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #13,111 of 18,231
A question to all:
- How do you know for sure that your IMR is a brand new unit? Is there a way to tell?
?? Did you buy it new or 2nd hand. Ask yourself that and there's your answer

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #13,112 of 18,231
A general comment about this hobby...
Ive been running my Semper in the 'closed port' configuration for many months now, if I recall because I was enjoying the tighter bass. Ive been listening a lot to Elan+ of late but going back the the Semper it just wasn't giving me the goosebumps like it used to. I thought maybe it was just the Elan+'s signature being so different it threw me off
On a whim I changed the port back the 'Open back ports' and
BAM! What a difference - Again the Semper is well deserving of its TOTL Flagship status.

I cant work out what changed from enjoying it so much closed back to it slowly seeming to loose that 'Flagship sound'
Anyway, I cant get them out of my ears again which is great :)
Its such a blessing in this hobby to be able to enjoy different sounding IEMs - Planar/Beryllium/EST to CNT/ADLC/ Dual BA/Bone Conduction both offering very different experiences but of a similar quality
I've noticed that I go through different needs over periods of time - sometimes I need a clean clear tight sound and other times I need fat analog fun. Talking of which. Picked up a Modded Fostex T50RP III - The sound reminds me in many ways of the IMR house sound. Its an amazing planar Headphone that if you haven't heard of have a look. You can essentially mod it to any sound you want. Very cheap and you can elevate the sound many many times its price o_0
This is what I was enjoying as ive been writing

For the oldies here :
The Keef Hartley from the album 'Halfbreed'

And for the Young'ns here :
About as close as I get to DJ sets...kinda music !

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #13,113 of 18,231
A general comment about this hobby...
Ive been running my Semper in the 'closed port' configuration for many months now, if I recall because I was enjoying the tighter bass. Ive been listening a lot to Elan+ of late but going back the the Semper it just wasn't giving me the goosebumps like it used to. I thought maybe it was just the Elan+'s signature being so different it threw me off
On a whim I changed the port back the 'Open back ports' and
BAM! What a difference - Again the Semper is well deserving of its TOTL Flagship status.
I hope you find a way to listen to a Titan someday. After listening to it for less than a week, I'm completely hooked. Just sold my Semper with no regrets. Yes, it's a dynamite IEM, but to my ears Titan is on another level altogether.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #13,114 of 18,231
I hope you find a way to listen to a Titan someday. After listening to it for less than a week, I'm completely hooked. Just sold my Semper with no regrets. Yes, it's a dynamite IEM, but to my ears Titan is on another level altogether.
I meant to ask you, what are the drivers in the Titan ?

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #13,115 of 18,231
?? Did you buy it new or 2nd hand. Ask yourself that and there's your answer
Of course I bought it new from IMR. But there was no seal or anything this is why I asked. What I know is that I paid for a brand new unit. Is there a way to tell if it was brand new, though? I mean...all the cables I had received were duds. All of them replaced, of course, sure. Just asking, though...

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #13,116 of 18,231
Of course I bought it new from IMR. But there was no seal or anything this is why I asked. What I know is that I paid for a brand new unit. Is there a way to tell if it was brand new, though? I mean...all the cables I had received were duds. All of them replaced, of course, sure. Just asking, though...
Well fundamentally how can you prove it anything is new ?? unless you follow your product through the manufacturing process, packing and shipping. Do I think you were slipped a micky finn - Absolutely not
What do you mean ALL the cables were 'duds' ? = If you mean they were not tightly wrapped - None of the first batch of those cables were

and what do you mean 'of COURSE I bought them new? - You do realize I am not your wife - I have no idea what you buy or indeed how and when you buy stuff :D
You could have bought them direct from IMR store OR B-Stock from store or eBay, Or refurbished or from the pixies living at the bottom of your garden?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #13,117 of 18,231
Well fundamentally how can you prove it anything is new ?? unless you follow your product through the manufacturing process, packing and shipping. Do I think you were slipped a micky finn - Absolutely not
What do you mean ALL the cables were 'duds' ? = If you mean they were not tightly wrapped - None of the first batch of those cables were
Ha, ha, ha! 😛
I love your Logic, Mr. Parker! ❤️

Yeah, what I meant was that. Anyways, no worries, they have been replaced. More importantly, the Elan+ is by far the best IEM I've ever owned so I am a happy customer! 😊

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #13,118 of 18,231
Ha, ha, ha! 😛
I love your Logic, Mr. Parker! ❤️

Yeah, what I meant was that. Anyways, no worries, they have been replaced. More importantly, the Elan+ is by far the best IEM I've ever owned so I am a happy customer! 😊
Jeezuz Dude, Now you've got me looking round wondering if anything I have ever bought new is or was REALLY new ?!?
To be happy I guess I can only realistically buy 2nd hand now moving forward :/
I guess I'll save a few sheckels but still

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #13,120 of 18,231

Ow do you know she's a Raver
Well she looks like one
Well she's got a witches nose
They put that on me :D

527139.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #13,121 of 18,231
Just remembered I did this for real in Jerusalem - I got so annoyed at having to haggle for everything I started haggling in reverse offering more and more money
At one point after a heated session my friends dragged me away and when I looked back he was literally hopping from foot to foot shouting at me ...'15 shekles' At this point I was up to 55 shekles :D

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #13,122 of 18,231
Just remembered I did this for real in Jerusalem - I got so annoyed at having to haggle for everything I started haggling in reverse offering more and more money
At one point after a heated session my friends dragged me away and when I looked back he was literally hopping from foot to foot shouting at me ...'15 shekles' At this point I was up to 55 shekles :D

Actually hilarious if true lol :relieved:

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #13,123 of 18,231
I meant to ask you, what are the drivers in the Titan ?
Per IMR's website, Titan has an 11.5mm DD with quad electrostatics and dual bone conduction drivers. I suspect there's some magic dust sprinkled in the shells as well.

The coherence and clarity is out of this world. I just played an old favorite of mine, Feed Me - Trapdoor, and the lower bass/subbass reproduction of that track is absolutely hands-down the best I've ever heard in any IEM or headphone. Ever. Frankly it rivals my stereo setup with 12" Rythmik servo sub. Just incredible.

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #13,124 of 18,231
By the way, thanks to my good friend @gadgetgod , I was able to measure my Elan:

Looks quite in line with how I hear. The 15 dB boost from 800Hz to 2.5kHz helps to enhance the presence of the instruments and female vocals, whereas the 4kHz to 6kHz dip helps to control the sibilance. The treble is also quite beautifully done.

Recently, I am enamoured with another single DD from D's Audio, the First Heart. It retails for around 495 USD (3880 HKD). Here is a comparison graph of First Heart and Elan:

Slightly more subbass on the First Heart as opposed to a bit more midbass on the Elan, as depicted by the graph. In actual listening, however, I can hear more voluminous and impactful mid and subbass on First Heart compared to Elan. Elan's bass in comparison feels much more controlled. The presentation, note body & weight, stage - everything is noticeably bigger on the First Heart. It is my basshead delight. The treble has a bit more shimmer on the First Heart. Elan does sound a bit more clean.

200 Hours burn in under progress as prescribed. 148 hours is over.
I suspect that in that gap between 4k n 8k bone conduction drivers ad something to make this huge freq loss not so deep. Maybe classic microphones are not able to perceive bone conduction boost

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #13,125 of 18,231
Actually hilarious if true lol :relieved:
It was - It started because I wanted to buy a cheap roll of film and they wanted to haggle and they got annoyed at ME for refusing to haggle and I just give them like $2

I was 'Up haggling' for a pair of jeezus creepers (sandals) as well which made it slightly more pythonesk :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back