Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 20, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #13,141 of 18,225
I guess it is because of the BA drivers. Have you tried Acoustune 07 or Spiral dot eartips or Azla sendan Light(short) yet?

Got a few old spiral dots somewhere will try those, often got goo results with them. Stopped buying tips for a bit as spent way too much on different sizes and don't use Xelastics at all any more after getting Crystals, I find Xelastics dull the high end and quickly end up misshapen. A few have mentioned Azla Shorts might try some but they look very shallow fit so I'm dubious.
I've just started using some very wide bore tips possibly from Szalayi iem's, which bring great clarity, spacialness and not a hint of boominess I get from the standard ones that look like Symbio's.

Currently using TRI Clarion's, (after experimenting with foams which just take the edge off the highs, bass is deeper though) which give good coherent/balanced sound: clear, spacious (height and width) and satisfying bass - though not as deep/impactful using foam tips.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #13,142 of 18,225
What's been up with this brand lately? I haven't heard much and figured I'd check in.

Last I heard Titan orders were shipping - wondering if they actually showed up?

Jun 20, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #13,143 of 18,225
What's been up with this brand lately? I haven't heard much and figured I'd check in.

Yes. At least one on this thread has received the Titan and provided prelim impressions. Still waiting on mine. Latest update is:

1687318915429.png

Jun 21, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #13,144 of 18,225

Yes, it eventually did, reported here by few of fellow members. Pre-order waiting flip-flops is the only downside of IMR. Other than that I don't think any other botique audio will be able to match the exemplary after sales service of IMR. And of course IMR never disappointed us with its sound :)

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #13,145 of 18,225
Jun 21, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #13,146 of 18,225
Seraph are very tip dependant imo, Azla Crystals sound almost perfect with EDP Ace: sharp bold notes (whereas Azla Max soften the sound) but they make Seraph sound overly bright and push the mids way too forward, spinfits control that, but even IMR silicones sound surprisingly good apart from narrower soundstage and they're a bit 'boomy'. In fact each different tip I try affects Seraph noticeably it's like swopping filters. Spinfits are quite good but mid bass is much more distant sounding.
As Crystals work so well on the EDP Ace I automatically thought they'd work as well on Seraph which isn't the case.
Seraph is also very source dependent, in my experience so far. Played them on various mid to high end DAPs, but the best sound I've got to date was from the Hiby R5 gen 2 in Class A mode. I know the MEMS drivers are very power hungry, and that Bob is running them without the transformer due to size issues, so wondering whether the extra grunt on tap from Class A hemp get a little more out of those particular drivers? Clarity is the same, but the Seraph are a little more solid in the mid and high ranges and a little less bright, without losing any resolution.

Settled on Xeladtec or Crystal from AZLA at the moment - wide bore send to be the way to go. Spiral Dots+ next on my list to try.

Jun 21, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #13,147 of 18,225
Seraph is also very source dependent, in my experience so far. Played them on various mid to high end DAPs, but the best sound I've got to date was from the Hiby R5 gen 2 in Class A mode. I know the MEMS drivers are very power hungry, and that Bob is running them without the transformer due to size issues, so wondering whether the extra grunt on tap from Class A hemp get a little more out of those particular drivers? Clarity is the same, but the Seraph are a little more solid in the mid and high ranges and a little less bright, without losing any resolution.

Settled on Xeladtec or Crystal from AZLA at the moment - wide bore send to be the way to go. Spiral Dots+ next on my list to try.
What's the difference between Xeladtec and Crystal?

Jun 21, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #13,148 of 18,225
What's the difference between Xeladtec and Crystal?
One is made of sticky thermoplastic type material, the other is still soft but not sticky, and far more robust.

Jun 21, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #13,149 of 18,225
Should be Xelastec ...

Jun 21, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #13,151 of 18,225
Yes. At least one on this thread has received the Titan and provided prelim impressions. Still waiting on mine. Latest update is:

1687318915429.png

Yes, it eventually did, reported here by few of fellow members. Pre-order waiting flip-flops is the only downside of IMR. Other than that I don't think any other botique audio will be able to match the exemplary after sales service of IMR. And of course IMR never disappointed us with its sound :)

Thanks guys!

Jun 21, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #13,152 of 18,225
Jun 21, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #13,153 of 18,225
Just got an alert that my titans cleared customs in Chicago. They came out of tracking hibernation on Monday.
Congrats! Grab yourself a pair of Azla standard short tips, they're like magic on the Titans.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #13,154 of 18,225
Congrats! Grab yourself a pair of Azla standard short tips, they're like magic on the Titans.
Which tips would you use on the Elan+ ?

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #13,155 of 18,225
They just came today! Saw your post on it and ordered some right away. I am cursed with baby ear canals so am always looking for a tip that might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back