• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 21, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #13,156 of 18,343
Which tips would you use on the Elan+ ?
No idea, I've never tried the Elan+. Impossible to generalize, really. My ACE sounds best with SS20 tips, my Semper sounded best with Moondrop Spring Tips, and Titan is astonishing with the Azlas. Then my Szalayi and Indigo sound best with Clarion TRI Tips.

So yeah, tip rolling is pretty important of your looking for the best sound for your ears. Not just for size, but tip shape, material, nozzle diameter, etc. are all just as critical.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #13,157 of 18,343
I've been thinking of trying the Azla standard short. Seems like it might help keep the shell closer to the head to maximize bone conduction.

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #13,158 of 18,343
I've been thinking of trying the Azla standard short. Seems like it might help keep the shell closer to the head to maximize bone conduction.
there are two versions: Standard short and light short. The standard one has slightly thicker material than the light version. The stem of standard is a bit harder than the lighter one too. I personally found the light version more comfortable for long duration in my ear.
I couldn't notice any significant sound difference between these two though.

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #13,159 of 18,343
Which tips would you use on the Elan+ ?
As a general rule of thumb for bone conduction IEMs, you want a tip that fits deep enough to allow a lot of the IEM shell to make contact with your inner ear, as that's where the conduction magic happens. Found with the Avalon, OG Elan and the MEST MK1/2 that going down a tip side to get a really deep fit seemed to help.

Other time of thumb - when in doubt, most things sound good with JVC Spiral Dots. :wink: Got some on my BC 2023 with a foam insert from the original Trinity Kombi tips between the stem and the inner bowl of the tips (i.e. behind the silicon of the tip and not blocking the bore) and they sound fantastic. They were the original "makes everything better" tip.

Jun 21, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #13,160 of 18,343
As a general rule of thumb for bone conduction IEMs, you want a tip that fits deep enough to allow a lot of the IEM shell to make contact with your inner ear, as that's where the conduction magic happens. Found with the Avalon, OG Elan and the MEST MK1/2 that going down a tip side to get a really deep fit seemed to help.

Other time of thumb - when in doubt, most things sound good with JVC Spiral Dots. :wink: Got some on my BC 2023 with a foam insert from the original Trinity Kombi tips between the stem and the inner bowl of the tips (i.e. behind the silicon of the tip and not blocking the bore) and they sound fantastic. They were the original "makes everything better" tip.
Thank you

I have been using the TRI Clarion for a long time. I will put my JVC Spiral Dots back on again now to see.

Jun 21, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #13,161 of 18,343
I've been using Spiral Dots for about 14 months and agree they are excellent. I've tried a few other options during that time, but all didn't suit my ears, for one reason or another, and JVC remains undefeated. Which makes me wonder if I should bother with SednaEarfit short, although I think I can afford $15.

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #13,162 of 18,343
After listening to a few WAV files with the Spiral Dots on my Elan+ , using UAPP and my BTR7 (LDAC), I feel that the TRI Clarion have a much stronger bass without missing anything from the rest of the frequency spectrum. I am currently using blue/blue.
I will give the Spiral Dots another day.

In any case, all this might change soon as I am expecting my iFi GO Pod. This will be my permanent Elan+ driver.

Jun 22, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #13,166 of 18,343
I think NaLe are being shipped
Fingers crossed. I'm in a bit of a glut at the moment - five (!) audio purchases I made at various points last year are all due to ship in the next couple of weeks (Flare Audio EARS IEMs - aluminium and titanium models, Heavys ANC headphones and the Na-Le and Zion). Should scratch the purchase itch for a few months. :wink:

Jun 22, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #13,167 of 18,343
Jun 22, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #13,169 of 18,343
Regarding the Seraph, I myself am using Moondrop springtips after trying Spinfits and preferring the wider bore on the Moondrop. They are also a fair bit grippier similar to Azlas so are great gym companions. I've experienced major slippage with the old Rah's when things get sweaty but this issue is not nearly as prominent on the Seraph shells. They are bigger than the Rah's but somehow fit much more snugly and comfortably.

As for the sound of the Seraph, I've yet to do any burn in minus actual listening time which clocks in around 75 hours. These are truly a step up from the old Rah despite having a smaller dynamic driver. The tuning seems to have less emphasis on the quantity of bass but it hits just as low with a wee bit better tightness.

Listening to the Dolby atmos presentation on YouTube firmly demonstrates the Soundstage of this unit. Spacious and imaging is precise, like a good set of open over-ear headphones. Listening to the barbershop audio clip on YouTube gives me shivers with it's realism.

And now that the Na Le have shipped, I'll soon be able to compare what a 1/8th price unit will deliver. My own personal question remains, to what degree does the law diminishing returns exhibit itself for IEMs? Can newer technologies match a old TOTL costing $500?

The above track is a really apt how for the Seraph's performance; great vocals and good low end demonstration. Even if I don't know what she's singing 😂

Things will be interesting for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jcor
Back