Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 31, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #12,946 of 17,966
It's super strange, the Na-Le and Zion "Tracking will start to be uploaded towards the end of next week" according to website. But I haven't received any request to pay the second part of Zion payment yet. Has anyone paid the full 2 payments for Zion?
It looks very shady to me and seems Zion is nowhere near to release.

I hope IMR will get rid of this pre-order crap and will start making actual products, available to buy from shop.

I'm one of those. Haven't seen any request to pay remaining balance for Zion. I'm also still waiting on the Titans which has been paid in full since around last year winter.

May 31, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #12,947 of 17,966
I'm one of those. Haven't seen any request to pay remaining balance for Zion. I'm also still waiting on the Titans which has been paid in full since around last year winter.

I have a strong hunch that Na-Le is getting built in China than in UK due to its number of orders. As IMR last said Titans were built in Germany, I don't understand why Bob acquired a manufacturing unit last year.
Unfortunately after seeing non-delivery of Titans even after 7 months of promised date, I am not very hopeful of getting Na-Le anytime soon in next couple of months.

Hope you will get your Titan soon at least.

May 31, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #12,948 of 17,966
Which model?
The Bass Cannon 23.

Stock cable is perfect for running too. Although might look at an upgrade of the cable when the time is right.

May 31, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #12,949 of 17,966
555 hours in bass cannon. Using the Grey lower and Red upper. Considering going back to the black lower.

At 480 hours was using the black lower and Astrix - Deep Jungle Walk bass was just insane but also too much lol. I changed to the grey and the same track was still pretty mucho but 80 hours later and it feels more tame again.

Not the best litmus test for bassy songs as it's insane on any iem. I prefer mids being the reason I can't turn the music louder rather than bass as as much as I love bass, mids are my favourite part of a track.

Still not fully into the idea of the filter combinations. Coming from tws before wires I gotta ask: Has any one heard of EQ?

Is there some conversation to be had with a hardware related EQ like filters vs a software related one like phone EQ?

May 31, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #12,950 of 17,966
Most 'non-commercial' EQ's are pretty gross tending to just take big chunks out of frequencies
Even using a more precise parametric EQ actually takes skill to use properly. You have to have an insight into how frequencies work and relate to each other,
how effecting one frequency will perceptively and also not so much perceptively effect others by changing it...
Anyway, All the IMRs are tuned differently to offer something different. i think the filters are more to subtly tune to the sound of your source more than to
overly change or make the IEMs' tuning be different to its nature
Can be a ral saving grace sometimes :)

Jun 1, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #12,951 of 17,966
Still not fully into the idea of the filter combinations. Coming from tws before wires I gotta ask: Has any one heard of EQ?

Is there some conversation to be had with a hardware related EQ like filters vs a software related one like phone EQ?
As someone else mentioned, the filters on IMR units are mainly used for tweaking. There is some benefit from using an analogue (and mainly subtractive) filter system to adjust the sound, if you are comparing it to digital EQ, in my understanding. Digital EQ can introduce distortion, in the same way digital volume control can introduce distortion when it's not running at 100%. Ifi have written a load about this sort of topic to support their IEMatch and amp technology - look up "bit decimation" and EQ or digital volume and it should give you a good starter for ten.

To be fair, if the EQ is implemented well, you may not be able to hear the audible distortion effects in your music anyway - like with most things, quality matters when it comes to EQ.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #12,953 of 17,966
Spoke to Bob on messenger earlier - he reckons another fortnight before all the pre order models are finally out of the door. Take that however you want, just relating what he told me.

On the bus about the Seraph, it does have a large image quite reminiscent of a decent headphone or the 64 Audio apex IEMs. Very impressive stage size.

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #12,954 of 17,966
Spoke to Bob on messenger earlier - he reckons another fortnight before all the pre order models are finally out of the door. Take that however you want, just relating what he told me.
Thank you for sharing. I wonder if he meant another fortnight within this year or next year :ksc75smile:

Though I don't have any reason to believe but you never know miracle happens...

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #12,955 of 17,966
There might be SOME truth to this. I just checked my tracking number for my Titan that has been stuck at the Royal Post with the status of "We're waiting for it" for the past 8 weeks and just yesterday it was updated to "We've got it". I could hardly believe my eyes.

Fingers crossed....

Jun 1, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #12,956 of 17,966
There might be SOME truth to this. I just checked my tracking number for my Titan that has been stuck at the Royal Post with the status of "We're waiting for it" for the past 8 weeks and just yesterday it was updated to "We've got it". I could hardly believe my eyes.

Fingers crossed....
Wow mine has not changed from waiting for it yet but there is hope. Thanks!

Jun 1, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #12,957 of 17,966

On the bus about the Seraph, it does have a large image quite reminiscent of a decent headphone or the 64 Audio apex IEMs. Very impressive stage size.
Which IEM model you refer to when you said 64 audio apex? tia fourte?

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #12,958 of 17,966

Fingers crossed....
Titan.png

:gs1000smile:

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #12,959 of 17,966

Fingers crossed....
It's a great news!!

I am very happy for you :)

Jun 2, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #12,960 of 17,966
Selling my Bass Cannon 23's. If anyone is interested, please PM me (before I put them on classifieds in the next few days).

These are brand new (received yesterday from IMR) - as my original BC'23's were returned/replaced under warranty.

These come with the small IMR travel case only, 1 x 4.4mm balanced cable, IEM filters, and ear tips. Not the large case.

Selling as I am happy with the Elan +, and I don`t have the time to go through break-in again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back