Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 30, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #12,931 of 18,081
Hello everyone. A couple of days ago I finally managed to make some time and go to a musical store to try IMR BC 2023. Well... It took me around 5 minutes to pretty clearly decide that I don't like them and I don't need them. It's pretty much the DM, but a little better. There's still bright upper mids, kinda shy treble... It's just not that extremely bright. There's also more punchy midbass, but overall the bass is not at the same level than 7Hz Legato bass is. And actually, all that situation probably nullifies the IMR products for me. After Bob went from 14 mm to 11 mm driver, the bass is not that monstrous anymore. Maybe it's more about quality now, not quantity. But I'm a pure basshead, I don't care about quality bass in the first place, when there's no quantity to rattle my skull. So, I guess, from now on, I'm done with IMR.
ok

May 30, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #12,932 of 18,081
Hello everyone. A couple of days ago I finally managed to make some time and go to a musical store to try IMR BC 2023. Well... It took me around 5 minutes to pretty clearly decide that I don't like them and I don't need them. It's pretty much the DM, but a little better. There's still bright upper mids, kinda shy treble... It's just not that extremely bright. There's also more punchy midbass, but overall the bass is not at the same level than 7Hz Legato bass is. And actually, all that situation probably nullifies the IMR products for me. After Bob went from 14 mm to 11 mm driver, the bass is not that monstrous anymore. Maybe it's more about quality now, not quantity. But I'm a pure basshead, I don't care about quality bass in the first place, when there's no quantity to rattle my skull. So, I guess, from now on, I'm done with IMR.
It's interesting if demo unit was burnt out in show room or not. I personally prefer BC more than DM, but it's something personal.

May 31, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #12,934 of 18,081
It's interesting if demo unit was burnt out in show room or not. I personally prefer BC more than DM, but it's something personal.
I doubt it was. And it's even worse like that, because I remember that DM had a pretty massive bass when it was new, but when it were burned in the bass became less prominent. If this applies to BC, then that's even more dissapointing.

May 31, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #12,935 of 18,081
I doubt it was. And it's even worse like that, because I remember that DM had a pretty massive bass when it was new, but when it were burned in the bass became less prominent. If this applies to BC, then that's even more dissapointing.
I had similar experience with OG Elan and EDP Ace. After burn in, about 300-400 hours, the bass is gone and I disliked the sound and even thought of selling the iem, but after 200 hours of additional burn in, the base was come back to normal quantity.
So, overall at least of 600 hours of burn in is needed for those new DD.

May 31, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #12,936 of 18,081
I agree with you, the new models with 10-11mm drivers are not so impressive in sub-base region as Athen-based models.
I think, the reason can also be a newly introduced air vent on the inner part of shell, which decreases the base depth by some margin.

May 31, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #12,937 of 18,081
I had similar experience with OG Elan and EDP Ace. After burn in, about 300-400 hours, the bass is gone and I disliked the sound and even thought of selling the iem, but after 200 hours of additional burn in, the base was come back to normal quantity.
I have my DM burned in for 600 hours and a couple of months of using them, and there's still not enough bass compared to Aten.

May 31, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #12,938 of 18,081
It's super strange, the Na-Le and Zion "Tracking will start to be uploaded towards the end of next week" according to website. But I haven't received any request to pay the second part of Zion payment yet. Has anyone paid the full 2 payments for Zion?
It looks very shady to me and seems Zion is nowhere near to release.

I hope IMR will get rid of this pre-order crap and will start making actual products, available to buy from shop.

May 31, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #12,939 of 18,081
It's super strange, the Na-Le and Zion "Tracking will start to be uploaded towards the end of next week" according to website. But I haven't received any request to pay the second part of Zion payment yet. Has anyone paid the full 2 payments for Zion?
It looks very shady to me and seems Zion is nowhere near to release.

I hope IMR will get rid of this pre-order crap and will start making actual products, available to buy from shop.
I paid the Zion off ages ago

May 31, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #12,940 of 18,081
Goddamn I just got to 540 hours and thought the burn was done.

Big difference in soundstage over the hours have been noticed as well as what I would call a classical creamy sound.

I am definitely keeping these and not looking elsewhere for an iem for a while.

I do think they make EDM sound particularly good which is super strange. Good enough for me to start listening too.

May 31, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #12,941 of 18,081
May 31, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #12,942 of 18,081
I bought the Aten protype off Bob on eBay as my wife nicked my original off me and WOW! It's amazing, way better than the copy I "lost" right across the board. Sweet bass l, fab mids and sparkling treble.
I've been listening to it for 3 days so far and it's definitely in the top 5 IMRs I own.
There's no way I'm letting her listen to it the bonus being it's in the Opus Mia shell so she'll never know 😂😎

May 31, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #12,943 of 18,081

I'm surprised you don't rate the BC 2023. I've had the BC 2023 and the 7hz Legato, side by side, since their beginnings, and the BC has much 'better' bass to my ears. My 'burned' in BC 2023 has amazing bass in both quality and quantity.

May 31, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #12,944 of 18,081
I bought the Aten protype off Bob on eBay as my wife nicked my original off me and WOW! It's amazing, way better than the copy I "lost" right across the board. Sweet bass l, fab mids and sparkling treble.
I've been listening to it for 3 days so far and it's definitely in the top 5 IMRs I own.
There's no way I'm letting her listen to it the bonus being it's in the Opus Mia shell so she'll never know 😂😎
I have the original rah with aten in it, it’s pretty good overall. But I like edp ace better so I guess I like the new driver more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back