Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 14, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #11,476 of 17,957
However, even some of the forum memebers have not received their Titan yet which was promised to be guranteed shipped by October last year.
I am not hopeful of getting Na-le before mid May.
As far as I am aware, NOBODY has received their Titan yet.

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #11,477 of 17,957
Glad you are making progress. I have an order of cases that has been "Leaving UK" since 1/9/23, and BC that is in the same situation since 2/9/23. Could you give me a link to wherever on the Post Office site you were able to initiate a query with them as to what has happened to the shipments? I can't find anything helpful on the PO site. Thanks.
On this page

• Click "Still need help? Click here to get in touch"
  • And then "Email us" and "Send message now"
I don't know if it works without using the form yet, but it was a successful email address to reply to them at and continue correspondence:
customer.service@royalmail.com

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #11,478 of 17,957
As far as I am aware, NOBODY has received their Titan yet.

I emailed about my Titans but no reply yet. I'm worried that it got sent to a wrong address because the status on the IMR order history says that it has been fulfilled.

Feb 14, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #11,479 of 17,957
@AlexCBSN My dear man - please compare!

Anyway, I've done today some A/B-ing of my BC and DM with the Kotori Carbon cable.
To my surprise the cable didn't do much to the BC as it did to the DM - with this addition the bass is on both almost on the same level of impact and amount (little differences here and there).
The big difference between these two is in mids and highs. BC has very smooth mids, sometimes even too smooth, making the music kinda boring, but other times smoothing the music nicely, when there's some strange mix (e.g. new Halestorm album). DM has more in-your-face mids, which make the music more open and lively, but also edgy when the mix is odd (see example above). On the other hand BC has more highs, which can be especially heared in more splashy cymbals, but to me in a pretty good way (sometimes missing the splash in the DM).
@dharmasteve - pity that you don't have the original BC at hand :wink:
Og bc is more boomy in the mid bass with not much detail, mids are not as forward, treble extension is relatively the same. Sub bass is not on par, the og aten driver had this full surrounding sub bass that added warmth to the whole spectrum , though it limited the soundstage and invaded the mids

bc 23 is way more clear and articulated in the mids and mid bass area, it does have cleaner sub bass with amazing rumble. I kinda dislike how forward the high mids are though. In some tracks guitars can be a bit overpowering and harsh. Treble is the same as og. I think the clear difference is in the sub bass, the 23 having way more weight but with clearer image, it rumbles a lot but doesn't have that boomy uncontrolled power that the og had. Imo it's a no brainer.

I ordered a backup, as mention before, i removed the black sticker in the back of the 6mm driver cause I thought it would open up more the mids and soundstage, and it did, though sometimes I feel a harshness from the 1k/ 2.5 3k area. I'll burn in the backup and compare both

Feb 14, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #11,480 of 17,957
What are group estimates on the Zion?
We all have to wait to enter the kingdom of heaven the time scale is irrelevant just trust we will reach Zion and all will be at peace in Nirvana 😜

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #11,481 of 17,957
Feb 14, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #11,482 of 17,957
I emailed about my Titans but no reply yet. I'm worried that it got sent to a wrong address because the status on the IMR order history says that it has been fulfilled.
It says "Fulfilled" whenever they "ship" and give you a tracking number.

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #11,483 of 17,957
On this page

• Click "Still need help? Click here to get in touch"
  • And then "Email us" and "Send message now"
I don't know if it works without using the form yet, but it was a successful email address to reply to them at and continue correspondence:
customer.service@royalmail.com
Thanks. Tried it both ways. Got strange message back from customerservice about it not being monitored, which seems like the opposite of customer service. Will have to see what happens.

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #11,484 of 17,957
I'm curious if anyone has requested a full refund for their delinquent IEMs (Seraph, Titan, etc.) rather than just asking for a rebuild? The reason I ask is that if they are indeed "held up at the post office", then hypothetically they will finally get shipped out. So why not request a refund and see what happens?

On the other hand, if they were NEVER shipped out in the first place, then what makes you think that a "rebuild" will ever arrive?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Feb 14, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #11,485 of 17,957
I cancelled my Na-Le order on January 30, after an email response from Bob on January 27:
We are still awaiting bone conduction motors from sonion and so can’t complete any builds yet.

I am a first time customer and my Rah 2023 is the first IMR IEM I have ever owned, so no prior experience with the company and its customer service. I've received my refund in no time and my Rah 2023 in two days.

What I would suggest you is, if you would like to feel the IMR sound and if you can afford it, go for an already-in-stock pair, whichever you deem appropriate. Do not wait.

Waiting is for those who have already tasted the IMR magnificence. Not for us, who are still trying to discover it.

PS: I'd like your help, we should talk. We must make the Tansio Mirai Sands work, as well...
If you want to make the TSMR Sands work for you, you must use PEQ and combine it with the dip-switches. Next comes tip change and then cable change.

I have to admit I needed a few weeks to figure that out.

Feb 14, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #11,486 of 17,957
Feb 15, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #11,487 of 17,957
Mind to mention the source you've used for that comparison? How many hours of burn-in does each of them have on the tach?
LG G8X + Headstage Arrow 5X amp + Kotori Carbon cable

I don't know how many hours of burn in they have, but I would say quite a lot :wink: I mean, both of them were preordered, after receiving I've burned in for some time and then regularly listened at work for 3-6h. Obviously once I've received the DMs, I stopped listening to the BC.

@AlexCBSN - thanks for the comparison. Interesting differences. The OG BC definitely feels a lot warmer in the mids than my DM. So it seems that the 2023 BC is closer to the DM, as already @dharmasteve mentioned in his comparison. But as this upper mids issue is also on the new BC, I guess it makes no sense for me to purchase them, as I have a similar issue already on the DM (I'm kinda oversensitive to these frequencies).

Feb 15, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #11,488 of 17,957

I don't know how many hours of burn in they have, but I would say quite a lot :wink: I mean, both of them were preordered, after receiving I've burned in for some time and then regularly listened at work for 3-6h. Obviously once I've received the DMs, I stopped listening to the BC.

@AlexCBSN - thanks for the comparison. Interesting differences. The OG BC definitely feels a lot warmer in the mids than my DM. So it seems that the 2023 BC is closer to the DM, as already @dharmasteve mentioned in his comparison. But as this upper mids issue is also on the new BC, I guess it makes no sense for me to purchase them, as I have a similar issue already on the DM (I'm kinda oversensitive to these frequencies).
I remember some other folks mentioning somewhat hot upper mids on some of the newer IMRs with ADLC drivers and I'm pretty oversensitive to anything overly hot north of 4kHz as well.
On my first set of B-stock Ozar there was a nasty peak or rather spike around 4.2kHz - on both sides (!*). I've tried a couple things to tame it (tips, filters, EQ, alc swab mods) but considering that those puppies originally sold for $500/set and got rave reviews on this thread and elsewhere for their tonality etc... (George D's Hall of Fame) they better outperform some $30 Blon BL-03 in that department but even after 500 hours the peak was still there so I asked Bob for a replacement which Brandon sent me the next day. Outstanding service, kudos!

In the meantime I burned in my second set which had a similar, peak but less pronounced, again on both sides! and that magically disappeared after about 300 hours so I finally got to hear what all the praise was about and couldn't be happier, especially with my rather unforgiving go-to config: E1DA 9038s, pure silver cable (thanks for the rec., Jon), grey/blue filters, shallow wide bore tips (7 years in the Himalayas have turned me into a hopeless sucker for some clean air).

* Again, I'd really love to know how much sample variance is at play here, starting with unavoidable tolerances among drivers down to their placement in the shells and whatnot.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #11,489 of 17,957

Its way more tame con the bc than in the DM. My DM however tamed over time. I can't believe how much those changed tbh

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #11,490 of 17,957
Im also VERY interested in a comparison BC OG -BC 23? also a really good 1-2-1 against DM? Iv heard many say say it could be better but I'm not convinced yet, I'm thinking it could be the new toy honeymoon period! But i was wrong once in 1987 so I could also be wrong this time🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back