Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 15, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #11,506 of 18,067
Something very similar happened with the experimental tuning system that was made for the Pro series. From memory I think people were told they would have new ones sent out when they didn't materialise after months. I'm not aware of anyone who got them in any initial shipping activity, just the supposed reship and nobody ended up with 2 sets. I think the reality is that there is no Set A and Set B, it's a delaying tactic while Set A remains to be shipped. I have no axe to grind but I'm 99.9% sure that this is the case.
I'm wondering how a nationalized postal service is "in kahoots" with Bob enough to state in tracking that they have entered the package at the Post Office?

It's separate to "the shipper is preparing the item" or standard "label bought, no given to carrier" type initial status.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #11,507 of 18,067
Something very similar happened with the experimental tuning system that was made for the Pro series. From memory I think people were told they would have new ones sent out when they didn't materialise after months. I'm not aware of anyone who got them in any initial shipping activity, just the supposed reship and nobody ended up with 2 sets. I think the reality is that there is no Set A and Set B, it's a delaying tactic while Set A remains to be shipped. I have no axe to grind but I'm 99.9% sure that this is the case.
rightly said; couldn't agree more.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #11,508 of 18,067
I understand everyones individual opinions on all of this just with the strikes before the cyber attack and after the whole postal system is a total disaster on top of the usual IMR shenanigans
I sent out 3 sets of wedding photos in fancy wooden boxes in November/ December none arrived and I had to send out all again last week as the couples only just asked where they were.. POST OFFICE answer was "no idea where they are"
I understand your point. However, I have stopped believing on any shipping updates or reasons for delays provided by IMR way back. I am just a satisfied customer of IMR and have no issues for delays anymore :). I am well aware of these issues before I place any pre-order with IMR; a three to five months delay is not uncommon with IMR.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #11,509 of 18,067
I'm wondering how a nationalized postal service is "in kahoots" with Bob enough to state in tracking that they have entered the package at the Post Office?

It's separate to "the shipper is preparing the item" or standard "label bought, no given to carrier" type initial status.
Whose tracking says that the packages have been dropped at the post office?

Mine just says there is No information available. Essentially the tracking number may be "recognized" as a valid number, but the package is not in their system.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #11,510 of 18,067
Whose tracking says that the packages have been dropped at the post office?

Mine just says there is No information available. Essentially the tracking number may be "recognized" as a valid number, but the package is not in their system.
Mine:
BE03E772-365E-40CC-8E86-0440A25428AA.png

2FB7792A-39AC-4634-B40A-B9E917B2A558.png

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #11,511 of 18,067
Sorry, I'm talking about the special builds that were "shipped" in November. Titan, Seraph, Elan, etc.

YOUR package may indeed be lost. But that's not what I'm referring to, really.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #11,513 of 18,067
One newbie question re: the Kotori Carbon Cable. Are you, guys, referring to this one? Is this suitable for the Rah 2023? I am asking because when I zoon in, the pins look much shorter than those of the stock cable.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #11,514 of 18,067
One newbie question re: the Kotori Carbon Cable. Are you, guys, referring to this one? Is this suitable for the Rah 2023? I am asking because when I zoon in, the pins look much shorter than those of the stock cable.
Yep.....copper litz cable, but does firm up the sound.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #11,515 of 18,067
Haven't listened to Edp Ace for probably 5 months, didn't gel with them and shoved them in a drawer to sell. But today had enough of Timeless slipping out of one ear and thought I'd try the Ace's. Immediately noticed the bigger soundstage, forward mids and much more prominent bass, and had to decrease the volume to 60 instead of around 70. Played around with filters to tame the boominess and these sound much better than I thought. They're one of my best fitting iem's to.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #11,516 of 18,067
Ozar is not a pre-order item for past one year. for any in-stock item if someone has received a tracking number then it is actually shipped. The shipping issue and delays is with almost all pre-order products of IMR.
I think two trails of replies got tangled, probably by me. Yeah I have no comment/knowledge on the pre-order items, didn't mean to contradict claims specific to those.

The question I was asking was to do with items that did get registered by the PO but then got classified as lost and had to be replaced. I'm interested if there's any precedent of what happens in those situations where they are documented as having changed hands / starting their journey but then have to be replaced by IMR.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #11,517 of 18,067
Yep.....copper litz cable, but does firm up the sound.
Okay, but what about the pins? I have the Rah 2023 and the stock cable has much longer pins than those of the Kotori Carbon cable. See photo. Is the Kotori appropriate for the Rah?

And, by "firm up" do you mean that is stabilizes the sound in all the frequency range? Of course, you have the BC...

Attachments

• Rah23Stock.jpg
    Rah23Stock.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 15, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #11,519 of 18,067
Okay, but what about the pins? I have the Rah 2023 and the stock cable has much longer pins than those of the Kotori Carbon cable. See photo. Is the Kotori appropriate for the Rah?

And, by "firm up" do you mean that is stabilizes the sound in all the frequency range? Of course, you have the BC...
Although the Carbon pins are a little shorter than the standard IEM pins, the fitment itself fits into the IMR shells well. I had mine on the Dark Matter and now have it on the Bass Cannon. It fits tightly.
The notes from the Carbon, at least my one, have tighter edges than from the stock copper cables. Usually I would use silver cables to tighten the sound, but the Carbon copper litz does tighten the sound too.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #11,520 of 18,067
Haven't listened to Edp Ace for probably 5 months, didn't gel with them and shoved them in a drawer to sell. But today had enough of Timeless slipping out of one ear and thought I'd try the Ace's. Immediately noticed the bigger soundstage, forward mids and much more prominent bass, and had to decrease the volume to 60 instead of around 70. Played around with filters to tame the boominess and these sound much better than I thought. They're one of my best fitting iem's to.
Keep listening. Mine have settled into such an incredible sound I can't really describe it. Holographic doesn't cut it. But when I change tips, the magic goes away. Only with the SS20 tips do I get the true huge sphere of sound. Anything else just sounds "normal".

I agree with the best fit comment. They are so comfortable they literally disappear after a minute or so.

Yes, the Semper has a more accurate, more balanced, more detailed sound. But the Ace has a magic effect that sounds like the resolution has increased by 100x compared to any other IEM. Everything is just so seamless. The Ace is my clear favorite because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back