Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 15, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #11,491 of 18,067
Im also VERY interested in a comparison BC OG -BC 23? also a really good 1-2-1 against DM? Iv heard many say say it could be better but I'm not convinced yet, I'm thinking it could be the new toy honeymoon period! But i was wrong once in 1987 so I could also be wrong this time🤪
The 2023 BC is in fact the IEM Holy Grail....as shown in the true story, 'The Life of Brian'. It turns out that BC is a reference to BC in Pre the modern era sense, and has great religious significance. :princess:

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #11,492 of 18,067
Has anyone tried the Tungsten Cable from Kotori? I see many of you have the Carbon but wondered if the Tungsten was an upgrade over the Carbon with only a small increase in price, Its to pair with my DM & HIby r3pro Sabre 2022. Also, do they charge extra for shipping to the UK?
Thanx for the help guys 👍

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #11,493 of 18,067
@dharmasteve

haha, a true Monty python after my own hearu REALLY have my attention due to the fact how much you love your DM! So you really do think the BC 23 is an upgrade rather than a side-grade?

Are you using the Kotori Carbon with your DM

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #11,494 of 18,067
Totally OT but is anyone having issues writing replies on Android 13? Since i upgraded I'm having all sorts of issues and cannot even quote a user post without it freezing, jumping and ultimately crashing! It's really starting to pass me of😡 excuse my French lol
Samsung Galaxy a22.
My V30 was coming to the end of its days so sold it on and didn't want to get another LG since they ceased production but I'm really starting to regret this decision!!

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #11,495 of 18,067
@dharmasteve

haha, a true Monty python after my own hearu REALLY have my attention due to the fact how much you love your DM! So you really do think the BC 23 is an upgrade rather than a side-grade?

Are you using the Kotori Carbon with your DM
I'm using the Kotori Carbon Cable with the 2023 BC (Nineveh period version). I do think the 2023 BC is more enjoyable than the DM, but there are mainly similarities, so although the BC is slightly more musical than the DM, I would say that they have a similar flavour and there is no need to have both.

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #11,496 of 18,067
Further details on the catastrophic Royal issues that have definitely caused IMR a major headache for anyone outside the UK

Royal Mail rejected an “absurd” ransom demand for $80m (£67m) from hackers linked to Russia, according to transcripts that offer a rare glimpse into negotiations when companies are hit by a ransomware cyberattack.

The delivery company has been battling a ransomware attack since January, when the LockBit group hacked into its software and blocked international shipments by encrypting files crucial to the company’s operations.

Chat transcripts released on the dark web, apparently by LockBit, show how the two sides traded blows in the negotiation that followed, with Royal Mail fending off increasingly aggressive demands that it was “time to pay”.

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #11,497 of 18,067
@ dharmasteve
Thanx for the comparison it has put my mind at rest.🫠
As i was saying to Jon i think i will wait a bit to see what Bob brings to the table later in the year because other than Zion,Titan everything is a slight difference to the next. To be honest i really wanted the Zion with this new Balanced Driver but Bob used the same shell as Ace and i had serious fit issues with my Ace and ultimately had to sell it on! But Bob always has something new up his sleeve so I'm gonna wait patiently to see & hear what this will be over the coming months?

Out of curiosity what is (Nineveh period version)?

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #11,498 of 18,067
Further details on the catastrophic Royal issues that have definitely caused IMR a major headache for anyone outside the UK

Royal Mail rejected an “absurd” ransom demand for $80m (£67m) from hackers linked to Russia, according to transcripts that offer a rare glimpse into negotiations when companies are hit by a ransomware cyberattack.

The delivery company has been battling a ransomware attack since January, when the LockBit group hacked into its software and blocked international shipments by encrypting files crucial to the company’s operations.

Chat transcripts released on the dark web, apparently by LockBit, show how the two sides traded blows in the negotiation that followed, with Royal Mail fending off increasingly aggressive demands that it was “time to pay”.
Thanks for sharing. However, I still do not buy this for all the delays by IMR for the pre-order IEMS which were supposed to be shipped by end of october last year. Tracking ids generated in November last year for supposedly shipped items were way before this International shipping fiasco of Royal mail. surprisingly no one recieved those items.
For me the only annoying thing with Bob is that he is never transparent or honest in providing the actual reason of pre-orders delays. He is maintaining this annoying behavior since his Trinity Audio venture and I don't see this will change in near future.
If anyone does a pre-order with IMR, then he should accept the fact that there will be unprecendented delays . If someone can't accept this, then it is better to order only in stock items. One thing is sure with IMR that one will never lose money. It will either be refunded or you will get your order eventually no matter how much delay is.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #11,499 of 18,067
Thanks for sharing. However, I still do not buy this for all the delays by IMR for the pre-order IEMS which were supposed to be shipped by end of october last year. Tracking ids generated in November last year for supposedly shipped items were way before this International shipping fiasco of Royal mail. surprisingly no one recieved those items.
For me the only annoying thing with Bob is that he is never transparent or honest in providing the actual reason of pre-orders delays. He is maintaining this annoying behavior since his Trinity Audio venture and I don't see this will change in near future.
If anyone does a pre-order with IMR, then he should accept the fact that there will be unprecendented delays . If someone can't accept this, then it is better to order only in stock items. One thing is sure with IMR that one will never lose money. It will either be refunded or you will get your order eventually no matter how much delay is.
I understand everyones individual opinions on all of this just with the strikes before the cyber attack and after the whole postal system is a total disaster on top of the usual IMR shenanigans
I sent out 3 sets of wedding photos in fancy wooden boxes in November/ December none arrived and I had to send out all again last week as the couples only just asked where they were.. POST OFFICE answer was "no idea where they are"

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #11,500 of 18,067
It's possible these packages are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere. But the fact is that new shipments are going out successfully every day of the week. So either the entire postal system is 100% incompetent and cannot move packages out of their warehouse for 3 months, OR we've simply been lied to about the delays.

Take your pick.

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #11,501 of 18,067
It's possible these packages are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere. But the fact is that new shipments are going out successfully every day of the week. So either the entire postal system is 100% incompetent and cannot move packages out of their warehouse for 3 months, OR we've simply been lied to about the delays.

Take your pick.
I'm going with 100% incompetent

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #11,502 of 18,067
🧐

I hope the boxes are there and that people get their stuff, I really do. But the odds aren't good.

The whole "rebuild" offer that Bob made last week is (IMO) another ruse to gain another 3-4 weeks of relief before he needs another excuse. I suspect we'll hear about some glue issues or something else that delays those "rebuilds" in a month or so.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #11,503 of 18,067
I'm wondering what will happen with all the replaced sets.

Set A gets abandoned in the PO/ RM warehouse
Set A reaches the minimum period to be declared lost
Bob sends out set B, and presumably files a claim for Set A

I'm curious if:
a) RM reimburse Bob, and when they find Set A they send it on the original recipient
b) RM reimburse Bob, and when they finds Set A they return it to sender (Bob) as a claim was open for it
c) Of course they may reimburse Bob and never find Set A.

If a), then a lot of folks on here will be getting a much delayed 2 for 1 deal...

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #11,504 of 18,067
I'm wondering what will happen with all the replaced sets.

Set A gets abandoned in the PO/ RM warehouse
Set A reaches the minimum period to be declared lost
Bob sends out set B, and presumably files a claim for Set A

I'm curious if:
a) RM reimburse Bob, and when they find Set A they send it on the original recipient
b) RM reimburse Bob, and when they finds Set A they return it to sender (Bob) as a claim was open for it
c) Of course they may reimburse Bob and never find Set A.

If a), then a lot of folks on here will be getting a much delayed 2 for 1 deal...
Something very similar happened with the experimental tuning system that was made for the Pro series. From memory I think people were told they would have new ones sent out when they didn't materialise after months. I'm not aware of anyone who got them in any initial shipping activity, just the supposed reship and nobody ended up with 2 sets. I think the reality is that there is no Set A and Set B, it's a delaying tactic while Set A remains to be shipped. I have no axe to grind but I'm 99.9% sure that this is the case.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #11,505 of 18,067
@ dharmasteve
Thanx for the comparison it has put my mind at rest.🫠
As i was saying to Jon i think i will wait a bit to see what Bob brings to the table later in the year because other than Zion,Titan everything is a slight difference to the next. To be honest i really wanted the Zion with this new Balanced Driver but Bob used the same shell as Ace and i had serious fit issues with my Ace and ultimately had to sell it on! But Bob always has something new up his sleeve so I'm gonna wait patiently to see & hear what this will be over the coming months?

Out of curiosity what is (Nineveh period version)?
2000 BC Iraq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back