Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 13, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #11,461 of 18,067
FWIW the B-stock Ozar (as well as my beloved E1DA DACs) deliver by far the best bang for the buck ratio of all the stuff I bought in my 45 years of audiophrenia. No idea how the '23 BC could manage to perform at least double-plus-better to dethrone the Ozar in that department but with all the praise coming in and those puppies on their way I better get my old skin prepared for the goosebump attacks.
As long as mine eventually reaches me - great news, I appreciate it!

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #11,462 of 18,067
Well my BC23 just arrived and I am excited to get some burn in time going.
Am I the only one that didn't get a case for their iem?
I've got an extra one for sale if you're interested. Link in sig.

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #11,466 of 18,067
Another week has passed and my Na-Le still hasn't shipped. I don't know if I should keep the order. The Na-Le will surely sound great. I hope this device will surprise me positively. You never know with IMR sets. I did not expected something like the Bass Cannon would sound good. Tbh Bass Cannon would be an appropriate name for an edm-focused budget IEM.

Feb 14, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #11,467 of 18,067
Another week has passed and my Na-Le still hasn't shipped. I don't know if I should keep the order. The Na-Le will surely sound great. I hope this device will surprise me positively. You never know with IMR sets. I did not expected something like the Bass Cannon would sound good. Tbh Bass Cannon would be an appropriate name for an edm-focused budget IEM.
I cancelled my Na-Le order on January 30, after an email response from Bob on January 27:
We are still awaiting bone conduction motors from sonion and so can’t complete any builds yet.

I am a first time customer and my Rah 2023 is the first IMR IEM I have ever owned, so no prior experience with the company and its customer service. I've received my refund in no time and my Rah 2023 in two days.

What I would suggest you is, if you would like to feel the IMR sound and if you can afford it, go for an already-in-stock pair, whichever you deem appropriate. Do not wait.

Waiting is for those who have already tasted the IMR magnificence. Not for us, who are still trying to discover it.

PS: I'd like your help, we should talk. We must make the Tansio Mirai Sands work, as well...

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #11,468 of 18,067
@AlexCBSN My dear man - please compare!

Anyway, I've done today some A/B-ing of my BC and DM with the Kotori Carbon cable.
To my surprise the cable didn't do much to the BC as it did to the DM - with this addition the bass is on both almost on the same level of impact and amount (little differences here and there).
The big difference between these two is in mids and highs. BC has very smooth mids, sometimes even too smooth, making the music kinda boring, but other times smoothing the music nicely, when there's some strange mix (e.g. new Halestorm album). DM has more in-your-face mids, which make the music more open and lively, but also edgy when the mix is odd (see example above). On the other hand BC has more highs, which can be especially heared in more splashy cymbals, but to me in a pretty good way (sometimes missing the splash in the DM).
@dharmasteve - pity that you don't have the original BC at hand :wink:

Feb 14, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #11,469 of 18,067

Anyway, I've done today some A/B-ing of my BC and DM with the Kotori Carbon cable.
To my surprise the cable didn't do much to the BC as it did to the DM - with this addition the bass is on both almost on the same level of impact and amount (little differences here and there).
The big difference between these two is in mids and highs. BC has very smooth mids, sometimes even too smooth, making the music kinda boring, but other times smoothing the music nicely, when there's some strange mix (e.g. new Halestorm album). DM has more in-your-face mids, which make the music more open and lively, but also edgy when the mix is odd (see example above). On the other hand BC has more highs, which can be especially heared in more splashy cymbals, but to me in a pretty good way (sometimes missing the splash in the DM).
Mind to mention the source you've used for that comparison? How many hours of burn-in does each of them have on the tach?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #11,470 of 18,067

I'm not sure if you have the OG Bass Cannon or the Bass Cannon 2023. I wish I had 2 Kotori Carbon Cables so I could listen to the Dark Matter and Bass Cannon 2023 side by side and A/B. I would say that the 2023 BC has better, more realistic, further forwards mids than the DM. It's a difficult comparison because although similar their 'RUMBLES' are different. The DM rumble is more rumbly. We all enjoy differently, but I would say that if I measured the respective enjoyment factors out of 100, the DM would be about 90 and the 2023 BC about 93. I'm a sucker for both. I can't guarantee everybody would hear them the same, but the BC 2023 is the best IEM I have heard, BUT I have not heard any £$£$£$ upper league IEM's so I may be way off kilter. I am a fan of the Kotori Carbon too....what a good cable.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #11,471 of 18,067
Royal Mail replied to say that as it was now "lost" the claim has to be made by the sender. So I forwarded it to Bob and instantly got a reply saying I could pick refund or replacement, and if I got back quickly the replacement could go out today - I opted for replacement, and have a new tracking number! 👍 Hopefully this will go like people's recent BC 2023 purchases and move quickly. :slight_smile:

Feb 14, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #11,472 of 18,067
Royal Mail replied to say that as it was now "lost" the claim has to be made by the sender. So I forwarded it to Bob and instantly got a reply saying I could pick refund or replacement, and if I got back quickly the replacement could go out today - I opted for replacement, and have a new tracking number! 👍 Hopefully this will go like people's recent BC 2023 purchases and move quickly. :slight_smile:
Glad you are making progress. I have an order of cases that has been "Leaving UK" since 1/9/23, and BC that is in the same situation since 2/9/23. Could you give me a link to wherever on the Post Office site you were able to initiate a query with them as to what has happened to the shipments? I can't find anything helpful on the PO site. Thanks.

Feb 14, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #11,473 of 18,067
Glad you are making progress. I have an order of cases that has been "Leaving UK" since 1/9/23, and BC that is in the same situation since 2/9/23. Could you give me a link to wherever on the Post Office site you were able to initiate a query with them as to what has happened to the shipments? I can't find anything helpful on the PO site. Thanks.
I'll try to get back to you at the end of the school day with an exact link - it required a UK address although I'm sure you could put No.10 Downing Street in there and then in the main part of the form explain you had to put a UK address but your query doesn't relate to one.

Feb 14, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #11,474 of 18,067
I don't think the build of Na-Le has started yet after seeing an email on bone conduction drivers issue. My original estimate of getting Na-Le was anywhere at the end of the month of March this year. However, even some of the forum memebers have not received their Titan yet which was promised to be guranteed shipped by October last year.
I am not hopeful of getting Na-le before mid May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back