Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 26, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #9,166 of 18,128
If I can guess, it appears to be another EDP variant without any Planar. The shell will be of EDP like and no member discount will be allowed due to its low marked price. The color will be silver or black.
These are all my speculations :)
EDP stands for Every Day Planar - so - you'll have to try again, it's impossible to be an EDP variant without a planar in it. 🤣

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #9,167 of 18,128
Choosing the right iem to listen to the new Muse album mmm DM or Ace

Aug 26, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #9,169 of 18,128
Choosing the right iem to listen to the new Muse album mmm DM or Ace
I used the ace this morning listening to that album and that is where my "sibilant" comment came from. try out the ace and see what you think and if I’m alone.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #9,170 of 18,128
I used the ace this morning listening to that album and that is where my "sibilant" comment came from. try out the ace and see what you think and if I’m alone.
Using red lower black upper and moondrop spring tips not a hint of sibilance through out the album. Which is a real return to form for Muse.
I've been listening to my Acoustune HS1670SS and Acoustune HS1551CU all this week and with this album the Ace just cemented itself back into my heart. I am listening to a great quality 24bit Flac on my moded Sony NW-WM1A. Maybe try a different source. I tried what is possibly the most sibilant album ever Whitesnake 1987 (2019 remaster) and it played back with the least sibilance I've heard with my iems. So short answer long it does not show sibilance for my ears.

Aug 26, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #9,171 of 18,128
Guys need a little advice?
My 2009 IMac has just finally died and won't even turn on! Gonna give it to the shop down the road to try to get it up and running again but I think it's had its day!
The reason im bringing it up is it's the only computer i have with a CD Drive to upload my cds to iTunes & such!
What is everyone else doing around the issue of no modern pc's/laptops ect.. having cd drives, how are you getting your cd collection on your dap & phones?
I assume it's by using a separate cd drive?
Am I correct?
As I say i kept my iMac up & running but it looks like those days are over?!!!!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #9,172 of 18,128
Guys need a little advice?
My 2009 IMac has just finally died and won't even turn on! Gonna give it to the shop down the road to try to get it up and running again but I think it's had its day!
The reason im bringing it up is it's the only computer i have with a CD Drive to upload my cds to iTunes & such!
What is everyone else doing around the issue of no modern pc's/laptops ect.. having cd drives, how are you getting your cd collection on your dap & phones?
I assume it's by using a separate cd drive?
Am I correct?
As I say i kept my iMac up & running but it looks like those days are over?!!!!
I used to run Mac over 15 years a mac user but switched to Windows in 2020 a very hi spec Studio pc (I'm a professional photographer) I use a separate blu Ray/cd writer over usb c to rip flacs, I'm old school 3000 Vinyl LPs and 8000 cds clutter my walls. 21 tbs of HD space.. I may not be normal.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #9,173 of 18,128
Nobody figured out yet that the Na Le is just Elan spelled backwark
F_CK_NG HELL I cannot believe i didn't notice that 😃😹hahaha classic...
I'm SOOO curious to see now if Bob has done this as a bit of a wind up to bring a bit of a laugh to these cost of living depressive days?
If not i wouldn't like to be a Elan owner right now lol

Aug 26, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #9,174 of 18,128
I used to run Mac over 15 years a mac user but switched to Windows in 2020 a very hi spec Studio pc (I'm a professional photographer) I use a separate blu Ray/cd writer over usb c to rip flacs, I'm old school 3000 Vinyl LPs and 8000 cds clutter my walls. 21 tbs of HD space.. I may not be normal.
IV been a DJ for years and do a bit of music production so have an old iMac and a newer MBP but yeah thanks for letting me know I never thought about using a DVD/Blue ray 👍
Do I need to know anything or run into any issues with formatting encryption ect.. using a dvd/Blue ray to upload cds?
I'm pretty savvy when it comes to audio but a complete dummy when it comes to anything Film/Movie related!
If my iMac is unfixable which it probably is, is it possible to buy a cheap bog standard blue ray player and connect it to my MBP? is there anything i need to know?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #9,175 of 18,128
Like @PeacockObscura, I just went and listened to the Album albeit not 24 bit FLAC - I just pulled up all the promo releases on YouTube and not a hint of sibilance for me either. Listening to those MUSE track, caused my to search my library for something with lots of bass, drum and guitar textures. I came up with Prince's "The Rainbow Children" from 2001 - that alum is a masterpiece - fusions of Jazz Funk R&B Pop World Rock - Listening to the title track, Muse 2 The Pharaoh, Digital Garden - these Ace just shine. You can literally feel the sound expanding and contracting in the ear canal as this sound is entering in from the outside and then pushing itself back out again. Very holographic and you can appreciate all the components working in concert with one another. I'm almost glad I don't have the Zii to distract me from how brilliant these EDP ACE are. Layers of sound and texture. Imaging is spectacular, excellent detail retrieval. I love these in ears!

And for anybody who wants a copy of the The Rainbow Children here it is!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #9,176 of 18,128
IV been a DJ for years and do a bit of music production so have an old iMac and a newer MBP but yeah thanks for letting me know I never thought about using a DVD/Blue ray 👍
Do I need to know anything or run into any issues with formatting encryption ect.. using a dvd/Blue ray to upload cds?
I'm pretty savvy when it comes to audio but a complete dummy when it comes to anything Film/Movie related!
If my iMac is unfixable which it probably is, is it possible to buy a cheap bog standard blue ray player and connect it to my MBP? is there anything i need to know?
https://amzn.eu/d/fvMmkyA

This kinda thing works on mac and Windows

Aug 26, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #9,177 of 18,128
I just received a cable from XINHS. Unfortunately the connector does not match with any of IMR IEMs. The plastic part of cable connector is larger than the hole in the IEM. I cannot insert it inside. Any solution to that?

Aug 26, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #9,178 of 18,128
I just received a cable from XINHS. Unfortunately the connector does not match with any of IMR IEMs. The plastic part of cable connector is larger than the hole in the IEM. I cannot insert it inside. Any solution to that?
Take a nail file and gently take down a little of the plastic housing on both short sides. Little by little on both sides until it slides in. This will keep the housing intact to work in other IEMs while now fitting in the IMR socket.

Aug 26, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #9,180 of 18,128
very nice to hear, thank you for your input.

on another note, does anyone have any filter combos that make the vocals less sibilant? ive use black/black and red/blue (can't try black/blue since one of my black filters is only 1 piece). is there a combo that can help with sibilance but not muddy the vocals?
They were sibilant in the beginning, but it got improved over time quite significantly. I’m over 350 hours on ACE on both blue stem and filter, my new favorite combo and while they have forward lower highs with peak at 6-7 KHZ (good for older people) they are absolutely tolerable. I guess they need close to 500 hours as my DMs needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back