Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 27, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #9,183 of 18,501
Like @PeacockObscura, I just went and listened to the Album albeit not 24 bit FLAC - I just pulled up all the promo releases on YouTube and not a hint of sibilance for me either. Listening to those MUSE track, caused my to search my library for something with lots of bass, drum and guitar textures. I came up with Prince's "The Rainbow Children" from 2001 - that alum is a masterpiece - fusions of Jazz Funk R&B Pop World Rock - Listening to the title track, Muse 2 The Pharaoh, Digital Garden - these Ace just shine. You can literally feel the sound expanding and contracting in the ear canal as this sound is entering in from the outside and then pushing itself back out again. Very holographic and you can appreciate all the components working in concert with one another. I'm almost glad I don't have the Zii to distract me from how brilliant these EDP ACE are. Layers of sound and texture. Imaging is spectacular, excellent detail retrieval. I love these in ears!

And for anybody who wants a copy of the The Rainbow Children here it is!
what filter combo to you use?

Aug 27, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #9,184 of 18,501
Aug 27, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #9,185 of 18,501
Aug 27, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #9,187 of 18,501
Aug 27, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #9,188 of 18,501
It's not even released yet

Aug 27, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #9,191 of 18,501
Black Lower / Blue Upper Azla Crystal tips. 300+ hours
I found that combination overpowering the mids in a fashion that makes them fatiguing,at least to my ears.
I liked the grey-blue combination, very detailed bit I wanted the bass rumble back. Also lower mids has too much energy with this setting.
I don't no if there is a driver overlap in this region as a previous user suggested here.
Experimenting with black-red for now.
I struggle to tame a bit mid-bass, lower-mids I guess. Any suggestions?

Aug 27, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #9,192 of 18,501
I struggle to tame a bit mid-bass, lower-mids I guess. Any suggestions?
For me the tips helped more then filters. Shallow ones with wide bore. I use the ones from tansio mirai. Imo it gives more breezing space and helps dissipate excessive energy somewhat.

But frankly, I still I don't hear all the great things 😕 (hope it'll change in the coming months), that people here rave about. Planar part is great, dd part to my ears sounds alien. At least with shallow tips it doesn't kill the stage so much, otherwise it is right in my head: way too loud, hits way too hard and lacks texture.

Aug 27, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #9,193 of 18,501
But frankly, I still I don't hear all the great things 😕 (hope it'll change in the coming months), that people here rave about. Planar part is great, dd part to my ears sounds alien. At least with shallow tips it doesn't kill the stage so much, otherwise it is right in my head: way too loud, hits way too hard and lacks texture
I understand what you say. Try the Dark Grey-Blue compo and maybe you'll get results. For me that setting was pouring detail, but the energy sometimes was tiring.
I use Sennheiser IE Pro tips who have the characteristics you mention but I'll try to find the ones you mention. Would appreciate if you have a link to share. Thanks

Aug 27, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #9,194 of 18,501
For me the tips helped more then filters. Shallow ones with wide bore. I use the ones from tansio mirai. Imo it gives more breezing space and helps dissipate excessive energy somewhat.

But frankly, I still I don't hear all the great things 😕 (hope it'll change in the coming months), that people here rave about. Planar part is great, dd part to my ears sounds alien. At least with shallow tips it doesn't kill the stage so much, otherwise it is right in my head: way too loud, hits way too hard and lacks texture.
We're hearing the exact same things. I also use shallow wide bore tips. I'm using black (or blue) lower and red upper filters. I can't quite get the bass to sound full, natural, and textured. Any tips that improve the bass immediately dull the mids and uppers and kill the technicalities. The best quality of sound is with shallow wide bore, but there's something still not quite right about the whole presentation. Still super detailed and clear, but awfully forward mids and very little stage depth. Width is OK, but separation and imaging are quite a bit far behind Zii, for example.

I've tried other filter combos without much success. I still only have less than 200 hours on the Ace, so maybe some magic will happen as burn in continues.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #9,195 of 18,501
Guys need a little advice?
My 2009 IMac has just finally died and won't even turn on! Gonna give it to the shop down the road to try to get it up and running again but I think it's had its day!
The reason im bringing it up is it's the only computer i have with a CD Drive to upload my cds to iTunes & such!
What is everyone else doing around the issue of no modern pc's/laptops ect.. having cd drives, how are you getting your cd collection on your dap & phones?
I assume it's by using a separate cd drive?
Am I correct?
As I say i kept my iMac up & running but it looks like those days are over?!!!!
I took my whole CD collection and ripped it to FLAC files on a big portable hard drive. Then I connected that to my NAS and I can stream wherever I want. Although with music services with lossless, I really only use the files for stuff that's not available online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back