Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 26, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #9,136 of 18,497
from what I remember when I had them, the Timeless was my favorite planar IEM. It's been a long time since ive heard them, but I would like to compare them with the ACE and see if I like them better.
Nah, ACE is better than Timeless by a substantial margin. I've done several A/B comparisons between them over the past week or two and it's pretty clear that ACE is just plain better in just about every aspect.

Aug 26, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #9,137 of 18,497
Nah, ACE is better than Timeless by a substantial margin. I've done several A/B comparisons between them over the past week or two and it's pretty clear that ACE is just plain better in just about every aspect.
very nice to hear, thank you for your input.

on another note, does anyone have any filter combos that make the vocals less sibilant? ive use black/black and red/blue (can't try black/blue since one of my black filters is only 1 piece). is there a combo that can help with sibilance but not muddy the vocals?

Aug 26, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #9,138 of 18,497
Combining a main diaphragm made from Carbon nano tubes (CNT) with a Amorphous diamond like carbon (ADLC) coating combined with rare earth neodymium motors for one of the most advanced dynamic driver in the IMR arsenal. Combined with Sonion bone conduction motors to fully immerse yourself in the music and put you right there in the action.

The Na-Le sports a spectacular low end with sublime control and beautifully presented.

Midrange detail is exquisite with vocals inline with rest of the spectrum. The Sonion bone conduction adds another layer of magic to the sound and allows for an immersive soundscape!

Micro and macro details are easily heard and instrument and vocal placement is supreme.

Treble is ultra crisp and precise.

This is a true ultra hi-res grade listening experience with a splash of IMR special sauce for that engaging, detailed, intimate, yet filled with soul, richness and that IMR fun. With the use of bone conduction to put you in the scene of the music!

As with all IMR in-ear monitors you can further enhanced your experience by tuning to your taste via the IMR acoustic tuning nozzles (included).

The drivers are encased in a light weight compact all anodised aluminium CNC machined chassis for long term durability and finish.

Hand assembled and driver matched for unrivalled finish and sound!

• 10mm bespoke CNT ADLC Driver (Carbon nanotube amorphous diamond like carbon) + Sonion bone conduction motors
  • 8 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers
  • 2 Pin detachable OFC braided cable (Choice of 3.5mm/2.5mm balanced/4.4mm balanced)
  • Frequency response: 8- 40000Hz
  • Impedance: 35 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 99 +/- 3DB
  • 24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
  • 6.35mm Adapter
  • Carry case for all equipment
  • Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit
REQUIRES 200/300hrs + BURN IN TIME

PRICES EXCLUDE UK VAT. UK CUSTOMER WILL HAVE VAT ADDED AT THE CHECKOUT.
Wonder if I can ask for it without the sonion bc…

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #9,139 of 18,497
Pulled the trigger for a B-stock DM.
Can't wait.
Still experimenting with my EDP ACE...
I love the EDP Ace, I love the Zenith II, but the Dark Matter is just in another league. If you get a good copy you will be in 7th Heaven. It is a stunning IEM after burn in. It does like a balanced output though, even though it is not hard to drive.

Edit

But you need to love bass though

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #9,140 of 18,497
anyone in USA want to buy the DM b-stock and trade my EDP Ace for them?

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #9,141 of 18,497
Combining a main diaphragm made from Carbon nano tubes (CNT) with a Amorphous diamond like carbon (ADLC) coating combined with rare earth neodymium motors for one of the most advanced dynamic driver in the IMR arsenal. Combined with Sonion bone conduction motors to fully immerse yourself in the music and put you right there in the action.

The Na-Le sports a spectacular low end with sublime control and beautifully presented.

Midrange detail is exquisite with vocals inline with rest of the spectrum. The Sonion bone conduction adds another layer of magic to the sound and allows for an immersive soundscape!

Micro and macro details are easily heard and instrument and vocal placement is supreme.

Treble is ultra crisp and precise.

This is a true ultra hi-res grade listening experience with a splash of IMR special sauce for that engaging, detailed, intimate, yet filled with soul, richness and that IMR fun. With the use of bone conduction to put you in the scene of the music!

As with all IMR in-ear monitors you can further enhanced your experience by tuning to your taste via the IMR acoustic tuning nozzles (included).

The drivers are encased in a light weight compact all anodised aluminium CNC machined chassis for long term durability and finish.

Hand assembled and driver matched for unrivalled finish and sound!

• 10mm bespoke CNT ADLC Driver (Carbon nanotube amorphous diamond like carbon) + Sonion bone conduction motors
  • 8 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers
  • 2 Pin detachable OFC braided cable (Choice of 3.5mm/2.5mm balanced/4.4mm balanced)
  • Frequency response: 8- 40000Hz
  • Impedance: 35 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 99 +/- 3DB
  • 24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
  • 6.35mm Adapter
  • Carry case for all equipment
  • Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit
REQUIRES 200/300hrs + BURN IN TIME

PRICES EXCLUDE UK VAT. UK CUSTOMER WILL HAVE VAT ADDED AT THE CHECKOUT.
Surely that's the Elan... For £150...?!?

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #9,142 of 18,497
Just completed a 50-minute walk with the dog listening to David Gilmour's Live In Gdansk via Zii (through FiiO M11 Pro) ... and I'm starting to wonder if they're better than my Dark Matter.

DM have probably 500 hours now, Zii around 150. Definitely special.

Gratuitous photo of said dog from this morning.

photo_2022-08-26_07-20-47.jpg
Beautiful picture and even more beautiful dog!

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #9,143 of 18,497
Surely that's the Elan... For £150...
Pretty much yeah!! The only difference is Na-Le has Sonion B.C and the OG Elan used Bob's in-house B.C. What I'm most impressed with is it a "Bespoke" CNT DD and not Vanilla like the Splash Of.. series ect.. Add to that Sonion and not in-house B.C for £150 is probably one of if not THE best value monitor IMR has ever produced! Elan is £600 even Splash Of.. are £179/£189! Bob is pretty much giving Na-Le away! Maybe it's a "Cost of Living" Monitor!
The most annoying this is i was done with buying Gear until next year and then this comes along🙄 i need to be strong i need to be strong i need to be strong lol

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #9,144 of 18,497
from what I remember when I had them, the Timeless was my favorite planar IEM. It's been a long time since ive heard them, but I would like to compare them with the ACE and see if I like them better.
Better midrange resolution for the ACE, amazing sense of immersion, harder kicking bass, more recessed treble.
Timeless sounds like having a harsh treble if you A/B them.
Also, better stereo imaging for the IMR.
Timeless still sounds great but ACE is a better performer.

Attachments

• ACE-Timelss.jpg
    ACE-Timelss.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 26, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #9,145 of 18,497
I wonder which shell Bob's using for the Ma-Le?
I'm having serious fit issues with the Ace! No matter which tips I use Ace wriggle out my ears within about 10 minutes! IV ordered some Xelastec's as a last hope?
I'm absaloutly gutted cos they sound fantastic! but if i cannot keep then in my ears it doesn't matter how good they sound!
It's history repeating itself i had the exact same issue with Opus Mia which i can only wear when not moving! I cannot settle for this restricted use again and will ultimately have to sell them if the Azla's don't work out?
I know i can return them for a refund but i don't like doing this to Bob I'd rather just sell them on, it's hard enough in this economy for the large established companies but 1 maybe 2 man companies like Bob it's near impossible to keep afloat!

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #9,146 of 18,497
So ... is this "Na-Le" something Bob shared by email?

I'm still waiting for him to resolve that for me (somehow I don't get customer emails).

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #9,147 of 18,497
very nice to hear, thank you for your input.

on another note, does anyone have any filter combos that make the vocals less sibilant? ive use black/black and red/blue (can't try black/blue since one of my black filters is only 1 piece). is there a combo that can help with sibilance but not muddy the vocals?

For what it's worth, a couple of my ACE filters....including the black....were stuck together pretty good. Being so small, it can both look and feel like one piece.....for a second I wondered the same thing. I ended up gripping the base very gently with a small, cloth covered pair of players....just enough pressure to hold steady....and was able to unscrew the unit. May be worth a try with yours to see if it's just a very tight connection, FWIW.

I use Black/Red....I find the ACE a honky/shouty IEM in general. I'm not at all typically treble sensitive, but had to go from Black/Blue to Black/Red to calm it down a bit. An odd IEM in general, but glad I bought it to at least give a try to IMR. I find it neither awful nor something that performs well beyond its price point. It's a below $300 "interesting" deal. I could be wrong, but I believe the DD and Planar are both overlapping (no cross-over/not handling certain FR ranges).....in practice not sure that is giving juice for the squeeze vs. letting one driver focus on Bass/low-mid and another on mid-treble.

I'm typically either running a N8ii or RU6 with my IEM's....the N8ii steps into the brightness, but Jazz/Electronic has a very appealing thump + holographic stage. This is probably its strongest suite for me. Sonically it gets more jumbled for things like metal. The RU6, being a dongle more focused on organic tone, makes it bit of a more all-arounder....but you lose some of the best thump/holo sauce.

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #9,148 of 18,497
For what it's worth, a couple of my ACE filters....including the black....were stuck together pretty good. Being so small, it can both look and feel like one piece.....for a second I wondered the same thing. I ended up gripping the base very gently with a small, cloth covered pair of players....just enough pressure to hold steady....and was able to unscrew the unit. May be worth a try with yours to see if it's just a very tight connection, FWIW.
I’m positive they are not the same:

7497EDC7-7318-4CB0-B0BD-8B32124DD35B.jpeg

71855D28-F5B8-4769-9199-AC143580AE66.jpeg

The one on the right is the one that will not come apart. I have used nonslip silicon, rubber bands, and silicone stems for traction and 2 pairs of needle nose pliers to no avail. Bob said he would send me a replacement.

Aug 26, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #9,149 of 18,497
I wonder which shell Bob's using for the Ma-Le?
I'm having serious fit issues with the Ace! No matter which tips I use Ace wriggle out my ears within about 10 minutes! IV ordered some Xelastec's as a last hope?
I'm absaloutly gutted cos they sound fantastic! but if i cannot keep then in my ears it doesn't matter how good they sound!
It's history repeating itself i had the exact same issue with Opus Mia which i can only wear when not moving! I cannot settle for this restricted use again and will ultimately have to sell them if the Azla's don't work out?
I know i can return them for a refund but i don't like doing this to Bob I'd rather just sell them on, it's hard enough in this economy for the large established companies but 1 maybe 2 man companies like Bob it's near impossible to keep afloat!
Have you tried the moondrop spring tops they hold them solid in my ears and I have big ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back