Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 10, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #8,717 of 18,148
Red lower, blue upper, and Spring Tips. ISN S4 is a nice silver plated copper cable. I have tried everything.
JVC Spiral Dots ++ get you the most upper highs, and most details. They will also push DM away from ear canal more than others so you can angle the stem to shoot few inches higher from the center - something you can test by taking the hooks off your ear and angle them to shoot higher. The DMs, 2020 Aten or Opus Mia's stem is angled differently, a bit lower than other IEMs and it can reduce highs significantly. With Opus I heard literally no highs at all until I removed ear hooks.

Aug 10, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #8,718 of 18,148
I'm not sure if this will help but? With the older IMR's the Top & Bottom filters were put into the holders separate but with the newer models the top & Bottom filters are screwed together so you need to unscrew them to get the top & bottom's!
Hope this helps?
Thanks @RumbleWeed. That’s exactly why I was confused. Thanks for the help!

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #8,719 of 18,148
Thanks @RumbleWeed. That’s exactly why I was confused. Thanks for the help!
No problem my friend glad it helped👍
On a different note? I know a lot of you purest's hate EQ! But i just boost Ace around 3-4db @62 Hz listed to some wilkinson and OM Bloody G it was like having a 15" sub-woofer in the ear! I have NEVER heard an iem rumble so low, it even beat my Sony-XBA-N3 which was the rumble king up until now. Don't get me wrong the quality goes out the window being loose & less texture but, for PURE FUN give it a go you will be highly rewarded.
Amazon Unlimited & Power Eq😍

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #8,720 of 18,148
I started hearing a buzzz noise in the left ear of my Avalon since a few weeks ago. This is particularly noticeable in bass notes. Does any Avalon owner have the same problem? I contacted Bob anyway

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #8,721 of 18,148
I started hearing a buzzz noise in the left ear of my Avalon since a few weeks ago. This is particularly noticeable in bass notes. Does any Avalon owner have the same problem? I contacted Bob anyway
Avalon first owner. They work properly. 🤞

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #8,722 of 18,148
Aug 11, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #8,723 of 18,148
No problem my friend glad it helped👍
On a different note? I know a lot of you purest's hate EQ! But i just boost Ace around 3-4db @62 Hz listed to some wilkinson and OM Bloody G it was like having a 15" sub-woofer in the ear! I have NEVER heard an iem rumble so low, it even beat my Sony-XBA-N3 which was the rumble king up until now. Don't get me wrong the quality goes out the window being loose & less texture but, for PURE FUN give it a go you will be highly rewarded.
Amazon Unlimited & Power Eq😍
Literally just received a set of the Sony XBA N3AP. SUB BASS giants. Didn't touch the stock cable, put on a 4.4 mixed XINHS Silver and Copper, MMCX cable and L Spiral Dots and the sub-bass on "Why So Serious", Hans Zimmer 3.20...onwards is Rumbleishious. May everybody have Rumble in their lives. More Rumble than a man can handle....amazing.

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #8,725 of 18,148
Anyone actually ask Bob what is the main difference between Titan and Seraph+ regarding the sound?

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #8,726 of 18,148
Literally just received a set of the Sony XBA N3AP. SUB BASS giants. Didn't touch the stock cable, put on a 4.4 mixed XINHS Silver and Copper, MMCX cable and L Spiral Dots and the sub-bass on "Why So Serious", Hans Zimmer 3.20...onwards is Rumbleishious. May everybody have Rumble in their lives. More Rumble than a man can handle....amazing.
HAHA Everyone should get involved and we can have Rumblemania🤢
Oh the stock cable is absolutely horrific! I bought the new Penon OS133 Silver-Plated OFC Cable at the same time and it matches up with the N3 beautiful, it's high quality Copper & Silver so it helps open up that lovely BA but at the same time keeps the bass tight & textured.
The bass of the N3 is without doubt the star of the show but I don't think iv heard an iem or headphone with such a beautiful natural timbre, piano & strings are just perfect! I was actually considering selling it a month or two ago but luckily I saw the error of my way before i did!

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #8,727 of 18,148
Just unpacked the Aces and literally listening to the first song right now.

Immediate highlight though is that the fit and cables seem  way more ergonomic then Avalons. Super happy about that!

Another highlight is that they seem to sound pretty open OOTB, so I am fine with open back option being dropped.

@dakchi Sorry to hear that. Mine are still fine.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #8,728 of 18,148
I had that in the left piece already in the beginning. But i only heard/felt it during the theme of American Horror Story. That theme has some extreme low frequency sounds. I thought maybe it's an issue with a BC driver. I experienced it more like a high frequency rattle. Tell me what Bob answers.

Aug 11, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #8,729 of 18,148
I had that in the left piece already in the beginning. But i only heard/felt it during the theme of American Horror Story. That theme has some extreme low frequency sounds. I thought maybe it's an issue with a BC driver. I experienced it more like a high frequency rattle. Tell me what Bob answers.
Yes it is maybe in the high frequency that I hear this noise. It can only be heard at a relatively high volume, but it is really annoying
I just received a reply from IMR (from a certain Brandon). He said that it might be a faulty driver and asked me to send the IEM to them to be checked and fixed. If you have the same issue, you better contact them

Aug 11, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #8,730 of 18,148
Yes it is maybe in the high frequency that I hear this noise. It can only be heard at a relatively high volume, but it is really annoying
I just received a reply from IMR (from a certain Brandon). He said that it might be a faulty driver and asked me to send the IEM to them to be checked and fixed. If you have the same issue, you better contact them
I don't notice it at all with music on my DAP, so I wait a bit. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back