Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 11, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #8,731 of 18,531
EDP Ace arrived to my city today at 12:09am, not out for delivery just yet like items usually are when 6am rolls around. Guess we'll see when they decide to show up.

Aug 11, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #8,732 of 18,531
EDP Ace arrived to my city today at 12:09am, not out for delivery just yet like items usually are when 6am rolls around. Guess we'll see when they decide to show up.
It's so frustrating waiting over 6 months for the Ace, but I really hope you like them. They are certainly one of my favourite IMRs.

Aug 11, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #8,733 of 18,531
Hello to all,

I have finally received the ACE!

First of all I would like to thank Bob for including three different cables.

As for the sound, it is similar to the original EDP but everything is better, more "natural" and "harmonic".

I don't notice any Flex Driver and with the black+black filters the only problem I have is that the treble sounds slightly high. I imagine that with other filters they will be softened. I am using JVC Spiral Dots.

The cable is a bit uncomfortable for me as it constantly decides to go out of my ears :) ....

I'll let you know more....

Aug 11, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #8,734 of 18,531
I am sure that there were reasons why the vent in Aces is placed on the inside of the shell, but it's really unfortunate for me 😞 As soon as the ear blocks it, the sound disappears. Damn. I was so happy of the shells, but this quirk hugely diminishes that happiness 😆

On the bright side (not related to Aces) I want to thank and compliment post sales support, namely Brandon. I asked about an issue in spring and he remmembered and sent the spare parts with Ace (I asked to send them together), as promised, despite quite some time since that request. Super cool! 👌

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #8,735 of 18,531
I sure that there were reasons why the vent in Aces is placed on the inside of the shell, but it's really unfortunate for me 😞 As soon as the ear blocks it, the sound disappears. Damn. I was so happy of the shells, but this quirk hugely diminishes that happiness 😆
Whats the issue with the vent being on the inside? If u want a gap try some foam tips and maybe not push the iem all the way in?

Aug 11, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #8,736 of 18,531
I am sure that there were reasons why the vent in Aces is placed on the inside of the shell, but it's really unfortunate for me 😞 As soon as the ear blocks it, the sound disappears. Damn. I was so happy of the shells, but this quirk hugely diminishes that happiness 😆

On the bright side (not related to Aces) I want to thank and compliment post sales support, namely Brandon. I asked about an issue in spring and he remmembered and sent the spare parts with Ace (I asked to send them together), as promised, despite quite some time since that request. Super cool! 👌

On the OG EDP it was on the top and people complained about it there too lol. Although the sound should not disappear, the bass would change a little, i can't recall which way but it should increase or decrease. In other IMR's i can have the sound disappear and this is my ear canal shape and the IEM shape not being a great match, my canal can literally block the sound off fully or a little. If the sound is fully disappearing and you are fully happy with the shell and fit it may be a bad intermittent connection electrically too.

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #8,737 of 18,531
I don't know how or what Bob has done with this Ace but it is an EXTREMELY Speacial Monitor! I only have about 50hrs on it with black nozzle red filter I just had a sesssion with all my favorite Post Mallon tracks and i cannot believe what I'm hearing! I have heard these tracks probably 100's of times with some VERY capable monitors I.e.. MEST Mk2,Sony-N3 many IMR's ect.. and i have just heard things in these tracks I have NEVER heard before! And I'm not talking about littles Fill's or FX's floating about I'm talking a complete backing vocal harmony! it is simply STUNNING😍
Another thing that is absolutely brilliant/sublime i have created a EQ curve which leaves the whole spectrum alone but a +3-4db at 62rtz for when i am listening to Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop and the.bass is just seriously rumbling BUT i can still hear EVERTHING else so clearly with absaloute sensational clarity brimming with detail underlined with thunderous sub-bass!
If it's like this with 50hrs how's it gonna be after 500hrs? I truly think this is MY end-game? I have been working out what to sell to fund Titan but after today i truly do "NOT" need it!!!!

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #8,738 of 18,531
Basically what happened is that first suddenly the sound in the left ear almost disappeared. I thought: oh-oh, got a broken pair. Then I moved my head and all became fine. Then it happened again. Then with the other ear. And I realized that I am blocking the vents.

Why this is an issue for me personally is that I mainly listen with my head on a pillow. And yep, I am using foams, but it's still not a panacea. Which is really unfortunate as the shells themselves fit me really well. Not complaining, just sharing the observation.

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #8,739 of 18,531
I truly think this is MY end-game?

To everyone, we all know we say this and say it too much but i just thought, maybe you could all share your picture of said end game and before you stop reading and jump the gun, i mean all the end game IEM's you still own for when you have said this is it my end game.

I'm interested to see how many end game IEM's does it take in a collection to have an end game.

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #8,740 of 18,531
Basically what happened is that first suddenly the sound in the left ear almost disappeared. I thought: oh-oh, got a broken pair. Then I moved my head and all became fine. Then it happened again. Then with the other ear. And I realized that I am blocking the vents.

Why this is an issue for me personally is that I mainly listen with my head on a pillow. And yep, I am using foams, but it's still not a panacea. Which is really unfortunate as the shells themselves fit me really well. Not complaining, just sharing the observation.
If you are REALLY happy with Ace and you can see them being with you for many years to come there is a way round this but it's quit a serious mod? You can block the vent on the inside with some glue or filler then remove the black plate's on the from and drill a very small hole and when done fit them back on and viola!!!
Wether you have the tools to do this in not sure? If you don't why don't you contact Bob and ask him to do it for ya? He might just send you a second plate with a vent and you just need to block the one on it.
It's just a thought👍

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #8,741 of 18,531
If you are REALLY happy with Ace and you can see them being with you for many years to come there is a way round this but it's quit a serious mod? You can block the vent on the inside with some glue or filler then remove the black plate's on the from and drill a very small hole and when done fit them back on and viola!!!
Wether you have the tools to do this in not sure? If you don't why don't you contact Bob and ask him to do it for ya? He might just send you a second plate with a vent and you just need to block the one on it.
It's just a thought👍

Pretty sure this would change the tuning.

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #8,742 of 18,531

I wonder if that is why the driver flex is so bad for me while others have said they have none. Maybe it's just the way it sits in my ear that blocks that vent, still sounds good though.

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #8,743 of 18,531
Was listening with my Zenith II, not many hours on, and I heard a quiet mechanical sound and they became slightly brighter.

With the Ace's I'm using an open bore tip as narrow bore tend to muffle the sound as they're aimed slightly askew.

Aug 11, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #8,744 of 18,531
I don't know how or what Bob has done with this Ace but it is an EXTREMELY Speacial Monitor! I only have about 50hrs on it with black nozzle red filter I just had a sesssion with all my favorite Post Mallon tracks and i cannot believe what I'm hearing! I have heard these tracks probably 100's of times with some VERY capable monitors I.e.. MEST Mk2,Sony-N3 many IMR's ect.. and i have just heard things in these tracks I have NEVER heard before! And I'm not talking about littles Fill's or FX's floating about I'm talking a complete backing vocal harmony! it is simply STUNNING😍
Another thing that is absolutely brilliant/sublime i have created a EQ curve which leaves the whole spectrum alone but a +3-4db at 62rtz for when i am listening to Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop and the.bass is just seriously rumbling BUT i can still hear EVERTHING else so clearly with absaloute sensational clarity brimming with detail underlined with thunderous sub-bass!
If it's like this with 50hrs how's it gonna be after 500hrs? I truly think this is MY end-game? I have been working out what to sell to fund Titan but after today i truly do "NOT" need it!!!!

To everyone, we all know we say this and say it too much but i just thought, maybe you could all share your picture of said end game and before you stop reading and jump the gun, i mean all the end game IEM's you still own for when you have said this is it my end game.

I'm interested to see how many end game IEM's does it take in a collection to have an end game.
Unfortuantly the camera on my ageing LG V30 is playing up so please excuse the terrible photo🤢 but yes thats a great idea!
And i TRULY think this photo is gong to be MY END GAME😍

Attachments

• 20220811_214133~4.jpg
    20220811_214133~4.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back