• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 9, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #8,642 of 18,162
You can message on here: @doctorjuggles

I have a few of his cables, they are great.

Just to note though, all of my cables have recessed 2 pin connections and none fit my Ace. The opening on the casing of Ace is too small to accept them.
Many of us have gone through this with other after market 2 Pin Cable. A slight nail file job on the two outer edges and they'll slide right into the IMR housing and still work fine with other recessed socket IEMs

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #8,643 of 18,162
Twiddling, turning the knob.....on the Zenith II allows them to breath and be open to the universe. Actually it makes quite a difference....open back. The Stones, 'Laugh I Nearly Died' makes them sound very holographic. Christy Moore. 'Ride On', makes an image of a camp fire arise in my imagination, Big Blue Ball, 'Habibe', brings the Middle East into my kitchen. The bass is very Planarish, without a Planar in there. Tinariwen, Tamiditin Tan Ufrawan, sends me to the Sahara. Very atmospheric when used open back. I'd better come back down to earth. The Zenith II is keeping me away from burning in the Ace, which is STELLAR.

Really starting to like the Zenith after changing lower filters to grey, just wish treble was a little brighter, using black uppers which sound good but there's room for improvement - blue doesn't work for me on other iem's. Do these 'open up' with use?

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #8,644 of 18,162
I finally got my ETS this afternoon, Ace and Zenith are still stuck in Chicago. Looks like they are solid and not a top and bottom as the regular tuning filters are. Does anyone have any idea of the intended effect of each of the three filters?

Attachments

• IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 0
Aug 9, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #8,645 of 18,162
Really starting to like the Zenith after changing lower filters to grey, just wish treble was a little brighter, using black uppers which sound good but there's room for improvement - blue doesn't work for me on other iem's. Do these 'open up' with use?
They are not the most "technical" of IEMs but they are quite different to most of my oversized collection of IEMs. I'm using Black lower, Blue upper.. I think Bob must be a 'Hippy' inside, because these are tuned unusually, slightly 'softer' than other IMRs. They are not a 'Digital' sounding IEM at all, especially set to open. They are keeping me away from the Ace and the DM so they do have something special.

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #8,646 of 18,162
Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #8,647 of 18,162
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #8,648 of 18,162
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #8,649 of 18,162
Many of us have gone through this with other after market 2 Pin Cable. A slight nail file job on the two outer edges and they'll slide right into the IMR housing and still work fine with other recessed socket IEMs
This definitely works, I've done it on a few of my CIEMs - just be careful not to file down the shell, but if you're careful this solution works and take about 2 minutes (don't use a file that's too rough though)

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #8,650 of 18,162
Looks like Sid James in his great movie 'Carry on up the Concha'.

Back to the Ace now....no more twiddling the knob.
The Zenith II is good, but the Ace is special. Bob just got it right with the Ace.

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #8,652 of 18,162
Weird request, if anyone here owns a TSMR Sands and also has the ACE on hand, could you compare the two? I feel likely I won’t be able to get a comparison between the two though..

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #8,653 of 18,162
As long as we're talking cables ... Can anyone help me with the difference between these two? I'm a definite noob when it comes to deciphering cable specs.

8 cores pure silver and single crystal copper
Conductor: 4N pure silver+6N single crystal copper
Number of cores: Pure silver 10*0.08*4+single crystal copper 100*0.05*4

8 Core 6N OCC
Conductor: 6N occ
Number of cores:10*0.08MM*8+200D

Linking to a resource is fine.

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #8,655 of 18,162
Ooo err Missus

gre.JPG

For anyone who does not get the reference made here to the "Carry On" series, it is peculiarly British and of a particular age, but lots of good fun, lots of innuendo......maybe not entirely "clean" fun....but good fun nonetheless!

I am sure you can always catch up on them on the interweb somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back