Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 9, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #8,626 of 18,540
I use the Kotori Carbon on my Dark Matter, it's Copper litz, but it is NOT soft and flexible. Sounds great though.
Still have that one bookmarked. Does the 2-pin work fine with IMR or modification needed?

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #8,627 of 18,540
I use the Kotori Carbon on my Dark Matter, it's Copper litz, but it is NOT soft and flexible. Sounds great though.
Almost all Kotori cables are out of stock unfortunately. I was interested by Silicon but out of stock

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #8,628 of 18,540
I'm looking for a cable under 200$ too for my IMR Avalon, Ace and Zenith II. I know there are a lot of choice in the market, but I shortlisted the following cables: Null Audio Epsilon, Kotori Carbon, Cema 22AWG, Effect Audio Cadmus and Ares S, XINHS cables
Anyone has a good experience with any of these cable or others and can give me recommendation? what is important for me if that the cable is soft and flexible and sound good
Thank you
Try DoctorJuggles. The quality you get for a price is silly good. Also Winking Weave cables are good. They are excellent, defo not just Chinese dump.

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #8,629 of 18,540
Still have that one bookmarked. Does the 2-pin work fine with IMR or modification needed?
It's thinnish, which drew me towards it. Although the pins, as on all other cables, are shorter, it fits my DM fine. Being Copper Litz it really allows bass to shine.

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #8,630 of 18,540
Try DoctorJuggles. The quality you get for a price is silly good. Also Winking Weave cables are good. They are excellent, defo not just Chinese dump.
I can't find a website selling DoctorJuggles. Where can I find them?

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #8,631 of 18,540
I take your point but i would still say...Yes, not public - private email to IMR owners only & not posted anywhere in public, instangram or on the website
Nothing against the poster at all
Its not a big deal in and off itself. If Im wrong then no problem
Maybe better to say then that perhaps its not skillful to publicly post content from privately emailed content?
on the other side of the coin, I AM a customer of IMR and did not receive an email, even asking to be added multiple times....

so.....yeah. thanks for the "super secret private intel" everyone!

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #8,633 of 18,540
After a few hours with the Zenith II, it's very interesting. Totally different sound signature to all my other IMR IEM's. I was dozing with them in but woken by some amazing vocals on Kaleo 'save yourself' and 'way down we go', Joon Moon 'call me', John Martyn, 'glory box'. Bass is full, very present but analogue, vocals velvety....forwards. So different, but very likeable. I was expecting typical IMR but these are from an alternative reality. Brought back memories of the old HiFi 'English' tunings of my 80's gear.....so analogue. Hippy, psychedelic IEM's. Great sound-stage. Still to burn in.
Twiddling, turning the knob.....on the Zenith II allows them to breath and be open to the universe. Actually it makes quite a difference....open back. The Stones, 'Laugh I Nearly Died' makes them sound very holographic. Christy Moore. 'Ride On', makes an image of a camp fire arise in my imagination, Big Blue Ball, 'Habibe', brings the Middle East into my kitchen. The bass is very Planarish, without a Planar in there. Tinariwen, Tamiditin Tan Ufrawan, sends me to the Sahara. Very atmospheric when used open back. I'd better come back down to earth. The Zenith II is keeping me away from burning in the Ace, which is STELLAR.

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #8,634 of 18,540
I'm looking for a cable under 200$ too for my IMR Avalon, Ace and Zenith II. I know there are a lot of choice in the market, but I shortlisted the following cables: Null Audio Epsilon, Kotori Carbon, Cema 22AWG, Effect Audio Cadmus and Ares S, XINHS cables
Anyone has a good experience with any of these cable or others and can give me recommendation? what is important for me if that the cable is soft and flexible and sound good
Thank you
Got the Ares S yesterday and I have it on my Ace for now. It is a dense cable but relatively soft and flexible.

20220809_152219.jpg

I cannot comment on sound of cables as I do not believe cables have an effect on the sound.

I accept that others may hear a difference but I do not hear a difference.

I hope that helps.

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #8,636 of 18,540
on the other side of the coin, I AM a customer of IMR and did not receive an email, even asking to be added multiple times....

so.....yeah. thanks for the "super secret private intel" everyone!
I only got one yesterday :)

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #8,637 of 18,540
I cannot comment on sound of cables as I do not believe cables have an effect on the sound.

I accept that others may hear a difference but I do not hear a difference.

I hope that helps.

So I have to ask: If you're not buying cables for a difference in the audio, is it for looks and comfort?

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #8,638 of 18,540
So I have to ask: If you're not buying cables for a difference in the audio, is it for looks and comfort?
Absolutely, I spend more time looking at and touching the cables than I do the IEMs.

EDIT: I do also buy cables for their convenience, for example interchangeable plugs.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #8,639 of 18,540
Thank you
I've got the new Ares S, Cadmus and Eros S from EA and I can hear the differences between them when using them back to back on the same IEM. Ares S certainly exhibits what I would expect from Copper, Cadmus as SPC takes some of the weight out of the bass but leaves lots of detail and enhances the upper registers. The Eros is Pure Copper and Pure Silver. Its a great cable and brings out all the qualities of both Copper and Silver. I've also got 3 of these 8 Core Pure Silver and Single Crystal Copper cables from XIN and and I hear not much difference from the EROS. and 3 of them are still $150 less than 1 Eros. The hardware isn't as sexy looking as the EA cable but they still look nice and while it is a fatter cable, it is very soft and supple. It's my new go to cable, hence 3 of them. You can but dont need to spend $200 on a cable.

C$ 43.35 25%OFF | 8 cores pure silver and single crystal copper mixed braid headphone upgrade cable For SE846 SE535 UE900S ED12 TRN V80 V20
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtkd35q

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #8,640 of 18,540
I can't find a website selling DoctorJuggles. Where can I find them?
You can message on here: @doctorjuggles

I have a few of his cables, they are great.

Just to note though, all of my cables have recessed 2 pin connections and none fit my Ace. The opening on the casing of Ace is too small to accept them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back