• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 8, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #8,521 of 17,973
Not sure if i'm heard this song before, probably have, but it hit me hard. 😢

Yes indeed. Simple, beautiful, moving. I want it performed at my funeral ... in about 40 years.

Aug 8, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #8,523 of 17,973
Picked up my ACE today!

Aug 8, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #8,525 of 17,973
Ace received. The wait was unexpected but totally understandable due to the state of things in the world. Packaging is impeccable. Fit is perfect and they are also rather light for a 3 driver IEM, which is great. Tuning system is one of the best on the market since the R1. Planar driver is very resolving. DD has that IMR house bass. Another great IEM from the UK.

Aug 8, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #8,526 of 17,973
ACE is in the House! Delivered literally 15 minutes ago. I installed the 4.4 cable and using pre-installed Black on Black filter / nozzle and supplied tips I think it's good a bit choked off .... Swap out to Azla Crystals and Oh My Goodness - with no burn in these things are magnificent. They are THIS good OOTB I cant wait for the 300 hrs to complete. I already know they are going to Black Lower Blue Upper Babies - for me anyway. Bass is deep and textured. Drums are already presenting the texture of the skins, mids are perfect and treble already has some nice sparkle. I know this ADLC will continue developing, infact it hasnt even really begun, likewise for the planar. I need to run off to a meeting so I'm going to hook em up let the burn begin but 10 minutes with em and they are keepers. I think the MEXT is up for sale to fund the Titan. It looks like my collection is both paring down and expanding simultaneously.

Bob, if you're reading this - you've proven once again your a genius!

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #8,527 of 17,973
Sounds like the Ace and Elysium are superb which is very good to hear. Glad they were worth the wait & glad nobody canceled.

Whetting my appetite for Elan & Seraph now. I'll admit I did have a Z2 in the cart after the high praise but couldn't click the button.

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #8,528 of 17,973
ACE is in the House! Delivered literally 15 minutes ago. I installed the 4.4 cable and using pre-installed Black on Black filter / nozzle and supplied tips I think it's good a bit choked off .... Swap out to Azla Crystals and Oh My Goodness - with no burn in these things are magnificent. They are THIS good OOTB I cant wait for the 300 hrs to complete. I already know they are going to Black Lower Blue Upper Babies - for me anyway. Bass is deep and textured. Drums are already presenting the texture of the skins, mids are perfect and treble already has some nice sparkle. I know this ADLC will continue developing, infact it hasnt even really begun, likewise for the planar. I need to run off to a meeting so I'm going to hook em up let the burn begin but 10 minutes with em and they are keepers. I think the MEXT is up for sale to fund the Titan. It looks like my collection is both paring down and expanding simultaneously.

Bob, if you're reading this - you've proven once again your a genius!
I finally found someone who has MEXT and IMR. How do they compare sound wise?

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #8,529 of 17,973
Hey everyone, hope you are all enjoying your Ace and ZIIs.

Possibly a very strange question about my first gen EDPs.

Are all the lower filters free of any damping material?

I get that the lower filters modify bass and upper filters modify treble. All my upper filters have a screen which I am guessing is different but, out of the lower filters, the only one with a screen are the gold ones. The others are all completely open. I cannot get my head around how they modify the sound when they all see the same

Cheers everyone

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #8,530 of 17,973
Hey everyone, hope you are all enjoying your Ace and ZIIs.

Possibly a very strange question about my first gen EDPs.

Are all the lower filters free of any damping material?

I get that the lower filters modify bass and upper filters modify treble. All my upper filters have a screen which I am guessing is different but, out of the lower filters, the only one with a screen are the gold ones. The others are all completely open. I cannot get my head around how they modify the sound when they all see the same

Cheers everyone
Those lower filters do their job with small holes on the filter side, near the bottom :)

the bigger hole means less pressure on the bass region

Aug 8, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #8,532 of 17,973
I think the MEXT is up for sale to fund the Titan. It looks like my collection is both paring down and expanding simultaneously.
wow....I guess my Monarch MKII are going up for sale as well....

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #8,533 of 17,973
FE00E570-0CAD-4011-B97E-68ECC984E497.jpeg

Finally!

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #8,534 of 17,973
If you have the KAEI-Tap1 tube amp dont plug the 4.4 cable into it. I can't get it out.

**OK Managed to free it after about 5 minutes of pulling so hard I was sure I'd break either the cable or amp, cable works with my Topping A30 Pro and Shanlling UA3, perhaps a little tight but fine.**

Initial impression of the ACE:
-Hate this cable, who are these ear hooks for? - Swapped for Kinera Leyding, will try to get my other cables to fit later.
-Holy driver flex batman
-Spiral Dot++, nope weird fit (been my main tips for a bit)
Moondrop Springtips, doesn't fit well either, no seal
Azla Crystal, finally a tip that works.

First bit of listening after finally getting a proper seal is positive. Bass seems to have good control and you can tell there's a fair amount of detail and resolution here (havent played with nozzles and won't until after burn in). The bone conduction is definitely working, honestly maybe better than my Mest MKII on first impression.

Ive been using the Thor Mjolnir MKII for the last month or two and I have to say I honestly love them, but the first week or so I wasn't sure about them. After burning in they are amazing. My first impression of the ACE is certainly more positive than the Thor so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back