Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 19, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #7,726 of 18,128
In a light hearted interlude from the delivery drama as I'm off to sunny Florida on Sunday. I'm taking my Sony nwa-55 dap which IMR iem would suit best the limited output of this little marvel?
Assuming they are part of your IMR collection, R2 RED! They are one of the best IMR sets and relatively easy to drive for the DAP you are taking with you.

Enjoy your holiday.

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #7,727 of 18,128
Assuming they are part of your IMR collection, R2 RED! They are one of the best IMR sets and relatively easy to drive for the DAP you are taking with you.

Enjoy your holiday.
Yes! I'm doing an AB test with them against the Fiio FD5 as I type this... Though the IMR Knight with the foam mod and cp100 tips is also a strong contender...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #7,728 of 18,128
I received my Express tracking number this morning. Let the DHL stalking begin...
They use some sort of an intermediary to post the parcels shipped by DHL. When I got my Avalon tracking number it still took about a week to see any progress... and then for some reason the parcel was assigned a completely new tracking number. I don't know how that works, but the DHL Express parcels from IMR go very slowly. You pay extra for fast shipping, but that shipping is anything but fast.

Jul 19, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #7,729 of 18,128
Hiby rs6 or wma1m2? Help needed guys
It depends which IEMs you're going to pair. I mostly listen to DM and Ozar nowadays and with IMR IEMs my IFI Go Blue performs the best of any sources I have. It has flaws like poor Bluetooth range, but on pure SQ and engagement with analog amp stage when I AB it with DX300 AMP 12 I prefer the IFI. However, when I plug my old U12T the iBasso wins on details and impact. I hope it helps to save some money. I was a source junkie some time ago and decided to switch spending money on Bob's creatures instead as I was blown away with Ozar when bought them. I still have mixed feelings about DM, it doesn't have enough air to my taste, but I still like it.

Jul 19, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #7,730 of 18,128
Still no update. The tracking number is not recognized by Royal mail. Honestly, I don't expect that he will start shipping before 2-3 weeks. My best guess is that he is facing technical challenges with Horizon that has a huge delay too. Because of that, he did not start the production of EDP Ace
Same here, refreshing each day :) Hoping they'll ship soon.

Jul 20, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #7,731 of 18,128
I was blown away with Ozar when bought them. I still have mixed feelings about DM, it doesn't have enough air to my taste, but I still like it.
+1

I am with you on both the Ozar and DM. My exact feelings. I am planning to tip roll the DM to see if I can improve the treble.

Jul 20, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #7,732 of 18,128
It depends which IEMs you're going to pair. I mostly listen to DM and Ozar nowadays and with IMR IEMs my IFI Go Blue performs the best of any sources I have. It has flaws like poor Bluetooth range, but on pure SQ and engagement with analog amp stage when I AB it with DX300 AMP 12 I prefer the IFI. However, when I plug my old U12T the iBasso wins on details and impact. I hope it helps to save some money. I was a source junkie some time ago and decided to switch spending money on Bob's creatures instead as I was blown away with Ozar when bought them. I still have mixed feelings about DM, it doesn't have enough air to my taste, but I still like it.
Have to agree with you on the Ozar. They are terrific. For me I feel it has been built with a perfect synergy with the black filter. I have tried it with the other filters and end up going back to the original. There is something addictive about the lower end detail coming from the bass and sub bass.

Jul 20, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #7,733 of 18,128
Meanwhile, my Avalon journey has brought me back to blue-blue filters. I wasn't getting enough lower bass linger that I always like with IMR. It's a bit more closer to the Sempers now, but I'm using red bass filter on the Sempers.

Edit: Semper using purple bass filter, not red.

Interestingly my Avalons sound very nice on the blue-blue with the nutubes on the DX300, Cayin RU6 and as well as the Sabre dac on my Atom Pro dongle. Sabre has always been an outlier for me when tuning for the other two setups, but right now I'm get some depth and dynamics showing up very nicely. Sibilance is not in the picture either.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #7,734 of 18,128
100%. My Ozar is 'perfect' and my Dark Matter is 'perfect' too. With the iFi Go Blu it's so good, but with the Cayin RU6...the Ozar and DM are 'peaches and cream'.
I got so excited getting the 'ACE', tracking number, sadly it doesn't seem to mean much. What's going on, 1 + 1 seems to equal 0 with the ACE!?

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #7,735 of 18,128
Meanwhile, my Avalon journey has brought me back to blue-blue filters. I wasn't getting enough lower bass linger that I always like with IMR. It's a bit more closer to the Sempers now, but I'm using red bass filter on the Sempers.
Interestingly my Avalons sound very nice on the blue-blue with the nutubes on the DX300, Cayin RU6 and as well as the Sabre dac on my Atom Pro dongle. Sabre has always been an outlier for me when tuning for the other two setups, but right now I'm get some depth and dynamics showing up very nicely. Sibilance is not in the picture either.
Interesting, I am using my Avalon with red bass and blue trebble and like it a lot. I have enough bass and sparkling when used with my RU6

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #7,736 of 18,128
Interesting, I am using my Avalon with red bass and blue trebble and like it a lot. I have enough bass and sparkling when used with my RU6
For sure, I've been cycling between red, grey and blue bass filters for a few months with the Avalons.
At one point the blue bass was a little over bearing and heavy, especially with Nutube, but presentation feels more balanced now.
I have switched to the old copper coloured cable rather than using the newer darker cable. Not sure if this has played a part in the sound presentation.

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #7,738 of 18,128
I have the same filter setup on Avalon and it sounds great!

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #7,739 of 18,128
E1DA 9038 is a very good DAC with SOG ... Because of source power ?

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #7,740 of 18,128
+1

I am with you on both the Ozar and DM. My exact feelings. I am planning to tip roll the DM to see if I can improve the treble.
Tips didn't help a lot with air, except Spiral Dots ++, and I prefer harder tips with DM as it seems to work better with bone conduction driver. Try silver plated cable instead tips and use grey stem and blue filter - worked the best for me. SPC cable makes them more v shaped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back