Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #7,756 of 18,502
On this occasion it seems that the 10 days will be difficult to comply with.
I hope I'm wrong
I reached out to Bob
I don't feel comfortable with sharing details from a private email discussion. Suffice it to say though.. (as we know)
IMR is a very small and busy business. Its not physically possible to post a few hundred parcels at once
The Post office is not going to win any awards for service or efficiency.. by any means :)

I'm not here to defend or speak for anyone but as the majority of us have reported. Bob himself has gone above and beyond
both on a personal level and in terms of customer service for most of us so I hope people take that onboard and appreciate that no-one wants or is happy with the time its taking for the parcels to get through the system.

I don't believe anyone is happy with the shipping time, IMR or its customers but as was with the last time a large bulk order was done it may take around 10 days to receive parcels (based on my past experience)

I hope I'm wrong

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #7,757 of 18,502
On a non stressy note I haven't even got a tracking number and I'm off on Saturday for 3 weeks something to look forward to when I get back 😀

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #7,758 of 18,502
I don't mean to offend you, but do you work for IMR or are you friends with Bob?
So much optimism and praise catches my attention.

To be honest . .
I met him once years ago at CanJam
We have had a few telephone conversations over the years talking about IEMs / tuning and a fair few emails
Ive been buying IEM's from him since the first days of Trinty .. so something like 25-30 IEMs in total over the years
On a personal level, I've been a Buddhist for many years so maybe my views are a little different ??
Other than that...no idea - Maybe I am just a lunatic ?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #7,759 of 18,502
I don't mean to offend you, but do you work for IMR or are you friends with Bob?
So much optimism and praise catches my attention.

I think a lot of us are "friends of Bob" in the sense that we want him to succeed. Yeah, the wait is annoying, but no use in being pessimistic.

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #7,760 of 18,502
I hope I'm wrong
I went back through my emails and that was how long it took to receive the IEM at that particular time - It was part of a bulk order of many parcels going out at the same time
That was how long it took at that particular time

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #7,761 of 18,502
On a non stressy note I haven't even got a tracking number and I'm off on Saturday for 3 weeks something to look forward to when I get back 😀
I was glad for you to see you got the Opus Mia - LOVE 'em

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #7,762 of 18,502
Big business or small business theres no excuse

I want bob to succeed but he needs to learn how to keep his customers happy

Dont say “iems have been posted”
A week later
No one has received them
Tracking numbers dont work
Blaming the postal service

This is the first time in my life i have heard royal mail taking 1 week to sort out parcels and not even update there systems

Its a poor excuse which you been brained washed with

The smaller the business the more important it is to look after your customers because you want those customers to be repeat customers

There needs to be more information from bob.
Why is there a delay
Why is the post being delayed

BULK order is not an excuse
Sort your logistics out

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #7,763 of 18,502
I'm not a friend of Bob, I've had a few brief emails or comments on messenger with him over the last few years, but to those new guys in the thread worrying about delivery....don't, they will arrive.

I've not bought as much as some on here but I have probably bought around 6 of his iems including preorders. Never had an earphone not arrive. Late yes but always arrive.

My local post office in rural North Devon is probably like the one in Belper
Small with one person running it, only open 4 days per week and closes at 1pm every day. If I took a load of packages like Bob probably does I know the postmaster would have a meltdown!
I can only reiterate what others have said, Bob I'd imagine starts the process online, prints labels etc etc and then the slow process starts. Frustrating yes but worth it in the end, also to be honest if people are reading the thread before buying then this shouldn't shock them

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #7,764 of 18,502
I was glad for you to see you got the Opus Mia - LOVE 'em
Yes they are superb a real keeper match superb with the new 2022 IMR Cable such a wonderful sound signature.

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #7,765 of 18,502
FB_IMG_1658357234859.jpg
I think I've found out what happend to all the iem deliveries....🤣😂😂

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #7,767 of 18,502
Big business or small business theres no excuse

I want bob to succeed but he needs to learn how to keep his customers happy
Honestly, the only thing you can do is not support this pre-order model of IMR's. Things aren't going to change. Like @holsen said, IMR aren't the only supplier of good IEMs. Do your research and take your money to a company that is more honest in its dealings with consumers. I'm glad their mishandling of the massive Pro line delays convinced me to cancel my order for Ace and Zenith II or the things happening now would have driven me up the wall.

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #7,768 of 18,502
You know, I ordered the EDP Ace because I had been using the 7hz Timeless as my daily at work and I was really intrigued to see where planars could go in IEMs. Didn't have a clue about IMR just saw it on these forums and thought it was super unique so I took a chance. Then I figured "why the hell not?" and ordered the Elan+. Now after reading this thread I had an idea there would be delays and I'm as impatient as the next person, but honestly it is what it is. As many have mentioned a bit more transparency or just straight up saying "Eh, I didn't feel like posting them so maybe in the next two weeks if I get around to it" would be appreciated but as long as they get here and I enjoy them I'm good. It's a product that not even two hundred people on this entire planet will have.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #7,769 of 18,502
Jul 20, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #7,770 of 18,502
Honestly, the only thing you can do is not support this pre-order model of IMR's. Things aren't going to change. Like @holsen said, IMR aren't the only supplier of good IEMs. Do your research and take your money to a company that is more honest in its dealings with consumers. I'm glad their mishandling of the massive Pro line delays convinced me to cancel my order for Ace and Zenith II or the things happening now would have driven me up the wall.
I don't think Bob is inherently dishonest but he is incredibly poor at proactive communication & managing expectations. All I ask is that he or anyone tell me what to expect and when to expect it... And if you miss the mark tell me that. Then tell me, what expect next and when to expect it. That's not asking too much... But after years of asking for that, I won't ask any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back