Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 11, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #7,561 of 18,086
I must be in the 'naughty' book....no tracking details. No IEM based inter auricular fix. What can a poor boy do but sing the blues in hope? One day, my love, the Ace, will return with Spiral Dot's and a lovely copper cable.
Just read the information more carefully: ……UK ones will have theirs uploaded once the post office have processed. So nothing before tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #7,563 of 18,086

I've been spending the last 8 days with the DM, as they reached 300 hours of burn in on the 1st.

Summary: Excellent IEMS, at the moment on par with Elan, with perhaps a bit larger sound stage and more clarity. Mids may also be a bit better. Waiting for more magic to develop as I listen, the kind our friend @jon parker keeps talking about (and is Jon ever wrong?). Hoping it comes through as I didn't buy these to have a "second Elan."

Haven't quite settled on a filter combo. Thinking gray lower, not sure about upper.

Using my desktop Monolith dual DAC/Amp or FiiO M11 Pro, stock cable (4.4mm) and Spiral Dot tips.

Random observations

These are a bit "hot", meaning I frequently reach for the volume button or knob to turn them down. So far, at the moment, they seem a little more fatiguing than the Elan. Definitely not holding anything back. But, comfort and fit are great; they are very light in the ear.

Blue lower/red upper
The Beatles, The Beatles sides 1 & 2
  • Bassline in Dear Prudence. Pure
  • Sax section on Ob-La-Di very crisp
  • While My Guitar Gently Weeps: George sounding great
  • Rocky Racoon: Macca's vocals more forward
  • Same for John on Julia
Filter change to gray lower/red upper
Audience-recorded Pink Floyd bootleg: Not good! Source matters.
Yes, Heart of the Sunrise. Wow. Right in Chris Squire's bass strings
Queen, Cool Cat. Thick
Goldfrapp, Silver Eye... full, big. "Ocean" powerful and still under control.
McCartney III: Clarity is exceptional. Closing track sounds like he's right there
Tears for Fears, Tipping Point: End Of Night, toward the end there's a reverberating guitar that is very impressive

Filter change to green upper
Rush, Moving Pictures: Side 1. Fantastic separation on some complex tracks
Annie Lennox, Diva: Great bottom end and Ms. Lennox sounding more than fine
Roxy Music, Jealous Guy: No complaints.
Tenet OST: One of my most frequent plays over the last 18 months. Familiar rumble coming through excellent.
I would like to pitch in here with my impression:

At about 100+ hours burn in, the DM seemed less transparent than the Elan..however, DM definitely had a larger and grander stage than Elan. I am using same filter combo on both - red lower blue upper. Elan midrange sounded a bit more hard and slightly edgy without being sharp. DM midrange was comparatively a bit softer and smoother. Treble on Elan had more energy and a bit more extension compared to DM, which had a bit smoother treble with a bit early roll off.

After that, it was getting burnt in at a friend's place, and has accumulated 275+ hours. Will get them tomorrow at about 290 hours of burnt in condition, will hear how much have they transformed, if any. 420+ hours means I'll probably have to wait till the end of next week...damn!

Jul 11, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #7,564 of 18,086
, the DM seemed less transparent than the Elan..
The transparency can be increased with another cable. On avalon I've heard the same thing until I changed the cable. With good copper cable (Effect Audio's one) I finally obtained the same quality mids like on Elan's 10mm bespoke dynamic

Jul 11, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #7,565 of 18,086
The transparency can be increased with another cable. On avalon I've heard the same thing until I changed the cable. With good copper cable (Effect Audio's one) I finally obtained the same quality mids like on Elan's 10mm bespoke dynamic
I bought ISN S4 due to a misunderstanding, planning to pair it with Dark Matter, until my Effect Audio Cadmus arrives.

I also got the Softears Ultra Clear eartips, and found out they severely cut off bass and increase transparency. Gonna try them on Dark Matter.

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #7,566 of 18,086
Can't help but wonder if this means Bob or someone at IMR is indeed watching this thread and this is some sarcasm directed at us. :o2smile:

Was that message sent by email .... another IMR email I didn't get?
well, sarcastic humour only works when all parties think the topic is funny.
In this case - the 'humour' did not work ):

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #7,567 of 18,086
I think the ETS were sent using that Extra Terrestrial Shipping method lol, hopefully they went express warp drive on the Enterprise around the solar system and not on the non warp drive cargo ship around the galaxy.
I think mine has followed the same trajectory as Elon's Tesla as have not received ETS either.

Jul 12, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #7,568 of 18,086
I think mine has followed the same trajectory as Elon's Tesla as have not received ETS either.
I guess that the "handful" of people who haven't received the ETS are all head-fi users.

Jul 12, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #7,569 of 18,086
I guess that the "handful" of people who haven't received the ETS are all head-fi users.
It can't be, it's another lie from Bob. I'm really pissed off by his lies. If I didn't like his IEMs and customer service, I would have never ordered anything from him
Does anyone know if there will be a discount on Titan? not that I am interested by them (I have Avalon) but just to have an idea how much it will cost

Jul 12, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #7,570 of 18,086
I sent an email to info@ 20.30 GMT+1 yesterday about the missing ETS and some questions about the Titan. No answer yet. Last year he always answered quickly 😕

Jul 12, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #7,571 of 18,086
I sent an email to info@ 20.30 GMT+1 yesterday about the missing ETS and some questions about the Titan. No answer yet. Last year he always answered quickly 😕
In my experience over the years there have always been times when he answers within minutes literally, other times when it takes a day or two, and also times when he doesn’t reply at all (even though my inquiry could have been the prelude to a purchase). Yesterday he replied at once, depends what else he’s busy with I guess.

Jul 12, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #7,572 of 18,086
In my experience over the years there have always been times when he answers within minutes literally, other times when it takes a day or two, and also times when he doesn’t reply at all (even though my inquiry could have been the prelude to a purchase). Yesterday he replied at once, depends what else he’s busy with I guess.
My inquiry might also be a prelude to a purchase because I asked for more details about the Titan. But I understand that a business can't always answer so quickly.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #7,574 of 18,086
I also got the tracking number for Ace (though it's still not working yet).

As for ETS, yeah, that sounds fishy. Have anyone even saw a pic of it? Seems like handful of users are probably all of them 😆
ETS is more like Nessie or Bigfoot, nobody has ever seen it in reality.
Actually same for the Event Horizon🤔

Jul 12, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #7,575 of 18,086
I also got the tracking number for Ace (though it's still not working yet).

As for ETS, yeah, that sounds fishy. Have anyone even saw a pic of it? Seems like handful of users are probably all of them 😆
No, there has never been a picture of the ETS anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back