Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 13, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #7,006 of 18,137
The urge for the EDP Ace is palpable. My IEM addiction is giving withdrawal symptoms. The urge for the Bass Cannon is extreme.
Other IEMs are not intense enough to satisfy my craving. I'm sure the Bass Canon will satisfy my bass addiction....but when? When will it be assembled? When will it perfume my ears and brain with intensity and rumble? I'm feeling like this because I left my Dark Matter at home and am away for a couple of days. I need my fix.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #7,007 of 18,137
The urge for the EDP Ace is palpable. My IEM addiction is giving withdrawal symptoms. The urge for the Bass Cannon is extreme.
Other IEMs are not intense enough to satisfy my craving. I'm sure the Bass Canon will satisfy my bass addiction....but when? When will it be assembled? When will it perfume my ears and brain with intensity and rumble? I'm feeling like this because I left my Dark Matter at home and am away for a couple of days. I need my fix.
This is the reason why I carry one EDC and one mid tier iem with me always... Lasya and Horizon for EDC, and anything apart from the Dark Sky as mid tier. Well, Dark Sky will be near the top, but I have yet to hear it...it is delivered and I am in another city :triportsad: the pain is brutal I tell you.

Jun 13, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #7,008 of 18,137
I'm glad I've finally got over this fever myself and I can say that my hi-fi collection is complete (though half of my IEM count comes from IMR).

Jun 14, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #7,010 of 18,137
Hello to the group. I have been reading here for some time and am also an enthusiastic IMR fan. My current favorite is DArk Matter. While writing these lines I listen to my Elysium (gray/blue). My player is an A&K DAP.

Jun 14, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #7,011 of 18,137
Hello to the group. I have been reading here for some time and am also an enthusiastic IMR fan. My current favorite is DArk Matter. While writing these lines I listen to my Elysium (gray/blue). My player is an A&K DAP.
Welcome to our corner of the forum. Nice to have you with us.
What do you think about the Elysium?

Jun 14, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #7,012 of 18,137
Welcome to our corner of the forum. Nice to have you with us.
What do you think about the Elysium?
thank you for the nice welcome
I've always been a little torn about Elysium. Usually I basically have problems finding the right seal with the original tips from IEM. So I have a box with lots of tips, e.g. Spinfit, beyerdynamic, final audio, azla. Especially with the final bass and grunt were too powerful, sometimes almost a little boomy. I'm back to the originals. Even with that it is not necessarily aggressive, rather reserved in the upper mids and highs. The upper bass is more pronounced than with the DM. The DM delivers more deep bass. Overall, I find the Elysium to be "musical" and suitable for the long term. I was able to test listen to some Thiaudio, Softears, etc. But these are too analytical for me. These IEMs have a tight bass, but there is too much energy in the upper mids and sometimes also in the highs. They're overshooting the Harman Target.

Jun 14, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #7,013 of 18,137
Just noticed Bob made the eBay connection official on the site.

1655216408987.png

Jun 14, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #7,015 of 18,137
What's the offical store on ebay. i tried to search by IMR, but couldn't find it.

Seller name is prelovedaudio-1

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #7,016 of 18,137
It's strange, I have the IMR Dark Matter.....and I love it, but I have seen various pages over the months as to what drivers are in it. I've seen 11mmDD, Bone Conductor, IMR 6mm CNT (conduction motor). What in fecks name is in the Dark Matter to make it Hybrid. I THINK its 11mm DD and IMR 6mm CNT (conduction motor). What does Conduction Motor mean, if it's not a Bone Conductor???? As I say I love the Dark Matter, a genuine product of genius', but it is very 'Shape Shifting' and I'm usually clear about what is in my IEM's, but what is in my 'magical' Dark Matter is a little confusing.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #7,017 of 18,137
It's strange, I have the IMR Dark Matter.....and I love it, but I have seen various pages over the months as to what drivers are in it. I've seen 11mmDD, Bone Conductor, IMR 6mm CNT (conduction motor). What in fecks name is in the Dark Matter to make it Hybrid. I THINK its 11mm DD and IMR 6mm CNT (conduction motor). What does Conduction Motor mean, if it's not a Bone Conductor???? As I say I love the Dark Matter, a genuine product of genius', but it is very 'Shape Shifting' and I'm usually clear about what is in my IEM's, but what is in my 'magical' Dark Matter is a little confusing.
Bob explained that as the 6mm driver has a lot of vibrations and is quite lively it is very suitable as. A conduction motor. A cm driver is by definition a driver that. Functions to send its information to the inner ear via vibration. I don’t know how much of the vibrations are sent as a percentage to also sending sound waves out of the shell but it certainly seems to work very well in regards to the bone conduction properties! I’m guessing he called a conduction driver as technically it isn’t built to do that exclusively like the sonion bone conduction drivers are. It just happened to work very well in that role!

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #7,018 of 18,137
Sorry for off-topic.
If somebody is interested I'm selling my pair of CA Andromeda Gold (Special Limited Edition) - Campfire's basshead flagship with 7 BA drivers.
Crossoverless design with high quality BA drivers provide Dynamic Driver or even Bone Conduction feeling and musical perception. Something really unique experience that you can try.
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/campfire-audio-andromeda-gold-le-extras.27611/

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #7,019 of 18,137
Bob explained that as the 6mm driver has a lot of vibrations and is quite lively it is very suitable as. A conduction motor. A cm driver is by definition a driver that. Functions to send its information to the inner ear via vibration. I don’t know how much of the vibrations are sent as a percentage to also sending sound waves out of the shell but it certainly seems to work very well in regards to the bone conduction properties! I’m guessing he called a conduction driver as technically it isn’t built to do that exclusively like the sonion bone conduction drivers are. It just happened to work very well in that role!
I do notice that the bass on the Dark Matter has a resonance that I like a lot. The bass on the Dark Matter in terms of quality is something else. Resolution, resonance, vibration, rumble, textures, impact, realisticness and realisticity are noticeable and better than any other bass I have heard. Mids are not recessed and highs are just right. So how is the Conduction Motor set up to transfer the vibrations? I do feel that's the case but I don't quite get how it's used. Are there just the two drivers in the Dark Matter?
Steve

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #7,020 of 18,137
My DM are on their way to my local post office. So big question is: will they arrive today or do I have to wait until tomorrow? Pins and needles ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back