Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 15, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #7,022 of 18,496
I do notice that the bass on the Dark Matter has a resonance that I like a lot. The bass on the Dark Matter in terms of quality is something else. Resolution, resonance, vibration, rumble, textures, impact, realisticness and realisticity are noticeable and better than any other bass I have heard. Mids are not recessed and highs are just right. So how is the Conduction Motor set up to transfer the vibrations? I do feel that's the case but I don't quite get how it's used. Are there just the two drivers in the Dark Matter?
Steve
I get that as well - delightful! although I find the bass a teeny weeny bit 'hyper' realistic - maybe due to the extra 3dishnouss that the bone conduction provides? Not in a bad way - like a bit extra polish or sheen...compared to the semper which for me is about as close to perfect as I could wish for...but that's still not to take anything away from the quality of the DM

Not 100& sure but I think that a part (or maybe all of an actual BC driver) of the driver unit itself has contact with the casing on the IEM which is how the vibrations transfer through the face to the inner ear
There is just the 2x drivers in the DM so Im thinking the 6mm one MUST be in contact with the shell to function as a conduction driver

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #7,023 of 18,496
As an aside, I use my IMR Splash of Gold from my Sony Xperia 5ii 3.5mm. The SOG is easy to drive and gives great bass even from my underpowered Sony phone. I even get a juicy amount of volume. What a great affordable IEM! Another IMR hit.

Jun 15, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #7,025 of 18,496
EDP Ace & Zenith II - (15th June) Packing and assembling packages in prep for shipping

What:deadhorse:

Jun 15, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #7,026 of 18,496
As an aside, I use my IMR Splash of Gold from my Sony Xperia 5ii 3.5mm. The SOG is easy to drive and gives great bass even from my underpowered Sony phone. I even get a juicy amount of volume. What a great affordable IEM! Another IMR hit.
I liked it so much I bought 2 😀

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #7,027 of 18,496
EDP Ace & Zenith II - (15th June) Packing and assembling packages in prep for shipping
Meanwhile, the experimental tuning system for the Pro line is still MIA despite the announcement from 4 May that it'd dispatched on the following day.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #7,028 of 18,496
Man, i guess the April 1st delivery of the EPD Ace really was an April Fool’s joke…..seems like forever ago I ordered them. Glad to see updates tho.

Jun 15, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #7,029 of 18,496
NiceHCK
Openheart
Xinhs
Or check out some cables on hifigo because of the really fast shipping
@paggio can you confirm the cables from these three manufacturers work with IMR’s recessed sockets out of the box? I believe @holsen has written more than once that Xinhs’ cables do as long as you request it upon ordering. On my end I know Null Audio have a special connector for IMR.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #7,030 of 18,496

What:deadhorse:
Where dis you see that ?

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #7,031 of 18,496
@paggio can you confirm the cables from these three manufacturers work with IMR’s recessed sockets out of the box? I believe @holsen has written more than once that Xinhs’ cables do as long as you request it upon ordering. On my end I know Null Audio have a special connector for IMR.

According to all last updates and communication from Bob as well as the wright interpretation of internal structure of IMR iems they have a common polarities setup. (Despite my message from this winter, I have been mistaken).
I tried xinhs cable with Opus Mia, other users from IMR community have used other cables from this list. So overall impressions were positive.

I should buy the 0.78mm one, right?
Would they fit me just as they come? I've read something that some imr have the polarity reversed.
Yes, you need 0,78mm connectors.
Bob said that just a few first models had reversed polarities, so don't worry about that.

Meanwhile, the experimental tuning system for the Pro line is still MIA despite the announcement from 4 May that it'd dispatched on the following day.
Finger crossing maybe on Monday they will start to sending us ACEs. At least the first users who bought it.
I was the 85'th so I have to wait some...

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #7,034 of 18,496
For Xinhs cables, you should request for the protruded pins connector, not the flushed flat ones.

While most of the protruded pin connectors can fit in the recessed sockets, some of them you may need to use a nail file to file the sides to make it fit.

Jun 16, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #7,035 of 18,496
For Xinhs cables, you should request for the protruded pins connector, not the flushed flat ones.

While most of the protruded pin connectors can fit in the recessed sockets, some of them you may need to use a nail file to file the sides to make it fit.
I had to cut half of a millimeter of plastic on the corners with paper cutter, after that cable fit perfect inside IMR's sockets. Moreover stock cables didn't fix well inside Opus Mia, making shells disconnect (weird thing), with the new cable shells were glued. (Connectors weren't flat in my case as a default: cable I had)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back