Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #7,036 of 18,523
I had to cut half of a millimeter of plastic on the corners with paper cutter, after that cable fit perfect inside IMR's sockets. Moreover stock cables didn't fix well inside Opus Mia, making shells disconnect (weird thing), with the new cable shells were glued. (Connectors weren't flat in my case as a default: cable I had)
The Aten series (OG EDP, Semper), the socket seems to be smaller. On CNT ADLC series (SOR, SOG, DM), the socket is bigger. So some cable that fit on my CNT ADLC series won't fit in my Aten series without filing

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #7,037 of 18,523
Out of idle curiosity how do IMR compare to Noble the prestige (super expensive) brand tuned by the Wizard

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #7,038 of 18,523
Out of idle curiosity how do IMR compare to Noble the prestige (super expensive) brand tuned by the Wizard
From my limited experience at trade shows the Noble are amazingly designed for fit and comfort. It helps that their lead guy comes from an audiologist background. Campfire next to them is just ludicrous, it’s like they’re trolling you. Sound-wise it’s ok, nothing special. I liked the Savant or Sage or whatever they sold for €500, but to them that’s bargain basement entry-level pricing so it’s just… fine. Balanced and as I said, comfy. Their €2000 stuff is impressive but when you have the Semper or some other upper-tier IMR it’s just a side-grade.

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #7,039 of 18,523
I did notice their wireless versions do not do LDAC. Shame, APTX is noticeably poorer in capability.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #7,040 of 18,523
16553986295785752246725264112443.jpg

This is one of the greatest combos I've ever heard... Ifi truly blew it off the park. I'll try to get the gold bar since so many people are talking about it. The og gobar it's on par with my wm1a (and that's a lot saying) and the dark matter cable has an amazing effect on planars (I've used it as well with EDP and EDP+ but rah and pb1 went nuts!)

Btw, went full pyromaniac and heated the memory wire in the cable. Now i can actually use it without spending half the time fixing the fit. It worked marvels and now the iems stay on place, a lighter and in/ out / in out worked. Quite important to shift the form into the way you want it so it... Remembers it hehehee

I have to admit I never heard Deftones white pony when it came out. Knew about it and friends were obsessed with it, but I was in my black/ death metal period and it was too soft for me, I stumbled upon "passenger" a couple of days ago. With this setup Maynard's voice it's just hypnotizing, such a pleasure to hear everything crystal clear with yet full bass and clear mids.

Wish many albums today had the production this one has

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #7,041 of 18,523
The owners of Dark Matter, has anyone paired a graphene cable with it? For e.g, the XINHS graphene cable. If not, can someone do and tell how the pairing is? Thanks.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #7,042 of 18,523
The owners of Dark Matter, has anyone paired a graphene cable with it? For e.g, the XINHS graphene cable. If not, can someone do and tell how the pairing is? Thanks.
I have an IvipQ 4 graphene alloy cable. Just compared it with the IMR Pro cable and the Kotori 'Carbon' copper Litz cable. Not sure as I'll need to listen more. On 'Headfull of Blues', Snowy White the Kotori has the most defined Bass edges. The IMR Pro cable has the fullest bass sound. The graphene cable has very musical ringy treble notes with less bass than the other two. This is on first listens.... although that supports how I heard the Graphene and Pro cable with the Splash of Gold. Had L Azla Xelastecs on and 4.4mm from the Shanling M3X, which you've heard I think. Take it all 'with a pinch of salt' as I'll need to listen much more to feel confident about the sound.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #7,043 of 18,523
I have an IvipQ 4 graphene alloy cable. Just compared it with the IMR Pro cable and the Kotori 'Carbon' copper Litz cable. Not sure as I'll need to listen more. On 'Headfull of Blues', Snowy White the Kotori has the most defined Bass edges. The IMR Pro cable has the fullest bass sound. The graphene cable has very musical ringy treble notes with less bass than the other two. This is on first listens.... although that supports how I heard the Graphene and Pro cable with the Splash of Gold. Had L Azla Xelastecs on and 4.4mm from the Shanling M3X, which you've heard I think. Take it all 'with a pinch of salt' as I'll need to listen much more to feel confident about the sound.
Nice. Looks like I will finally have a use of my XINHS Graphene cable, until Effect Audio Cadence arrives.

Jun 16, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #7,044 of 18,523
Dark Matter have arrived. 10 days' dispatch. Not bad. Wasn't sure if I'd get the soft case; very glad to have that.

I put on my usual filter combo (blue lower/red upper) and Spiral Dot tips, and allowed myself two tracks before setting them on long-term burn in: "Sky Blue" from Peter Gabriel and "Deep, Deep Feeling" from Sir Paul. Initial impressions: At least as good as the Elan. Probably a little wider/bigger soundstage and a smidge more clarity. Can't wait to try more in a few hundred hours.

I like the LOOK of the new cable, but understand what y'all have been saying about how it lays on the ear. May have to cut away the outer plastic or try the hot water method.

DM.jpg

Jun 16, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #7,045 of 18,523
Dark Matter have arrived. 10 days' dispatch. Not bad. Wasn't sure if I'd get the soft case; very glad to have that.

I put on my usual filter combo (blue lower/red upper) and Spiral Dot tips, and allowed myself two tracks before setting them on long-term burn in: "Sky Blue" from Peter Gabriel and "Deep, Deep Feeling" from Sir Paul. Initial impressions: At least as good as the Elan. Probably a little wider/bigger soundstage and a smidge more clarity. Can't wait to try more in a few hundred hours.

I like the LOOK of the new cable, but understand what y'all have been saying about how it lays on the ear. May have to cut away the outer plastic or try the hot water method.

DM.jpg
hot water method you say?

Jun 16, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #7,046 of 18,523
hot water method you say?
Yeah, a few pages back someone mentioned (carefully) putting the cable (the section in question) in hot water for a couple seconds and then reshaping as desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back