Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 24, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #5,101 of 18,162
My SOG is still in customs. If it is gonna be too bright I am gonna use different tips, nozzles, filters and PEQ to tame it down!
They are reasonably bright but not fatigued or harsh after a good burn in they have a lovely top end sparkle. The CNT Driver with the ADLC diaphragm coating has a very detailed and sparkly treble but, the way Bob has tuned it with a powerful low-end and reasonably thick midrange counters the bright top end! It is definitely a v-shaped Signiture but expertly done, they are far from the cheap v-shaped KZ,CCA and the like's!
Also,the different nozzles & Dampner's make a big difference and if they don't do the trick after a couple of 100hrs burn-in they respond very well to EQ, I'm an absolute horrific Basshead and boost the sub-bass bass a good 7-8db with my EarStudio ES100 and it handles it like a champ so i know you have Absaloutly nothing to worry about my friend you will for sure get the sound you are after with the SOG👍

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #5,103 of 18,162
My goal was to fulfill my dream of an open back IEM. If its technical as good as my 7hz Timeless im already absolutely happy. This one will be exclusive for my desktop gear. Definitely looking forward to it.
I have not personally heard the 7hrz but from what iv heard they are a very capable monitor. But from what iv read in reviews and i have read quite a few the technicalities are Exeptable for the asking price and some! When it comes to the SOG technicalities are VERY good, they have great macro & micro detail retrieval but its the timbre,imaging and instrument separation where they really shine! They have such and emotional Presintation that immerses you INTO the Music and will be perfect for your desktop set-up👍
On another note, it seems like it is the Planar Driver Presintation in the 7hrz you must like and with this in mind the up and coming EDP Ace with the CNT and Planar Drivers with a bone conduction may be right up your street and they are not priced much more than SOG, especially if you are outside the UK and don't have to add 22% V.A.T?
Iv never returned a IMR monitor but I'm sure Bob except's returns because he sells pre-owned model on the site, so if you don't get the sound you are after my advice would be return them and buy the EDP Ace? I mean, they have the same driver configuration as Elysium and they cost £500!!!!!! You CANNOT go wrong with the Ace, they are also using the brand new Sonion Bone Conduction Driver which I'm confident like all Sonion drivers will be world class and all for £225 WITHOUT the 25% loyalty discount! Sorry i don't work for IMR I just think the Ace will be one of the best IMR monitors to date especially for the asking price?

Feb 24, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #5,105 of 18,162
After a few days with them, I thought the Xelastec were the last tips I would buy ... but now after a couple months they have a "pinched" shape. I do put them in hot water maybe weekly, and it helps for a few days, but they simply may not be a long-term answer. The other negative is that when you take them out, seems like you need to let them "cool down" for 5 minutes or more before re-inserting. Otherwise the fit/seal isn't quite right.

May have to check the Earfit. :L3000:
My Xelastecs after a year disintegrated. I reshaped them with water a few times. Got tired of reshaping them so put them away I a box for many months, pulled them out to try again and the tips literally pulled away, stretching like a rubber band and separated from the stem. Never again

Feb 24, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #5,106 of 18,162
My Xelastecs after a year disintegrated. I reshaped them with water a few times. Got tired of reshaping them so put them away I a box for many months, pulled them out to try again and the tips literally pulled away, stretching like a rubber band and separated from the stem. Never again
Yeah iv heard a few people say they get out of shape after a couple of months of use! But to be honest they work SO well for me i don't mind buying a new pair every 3 months! They are definitely unique and hey comply tips are the world's most popular tips and they need replacing FAR to often so the Xelastec's aren't such a bad deal!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #5,109 of 18,162
Feb 25, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #5,110 of 18,162
Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #5,113 of 18,162
Just have to say how much I am enjoying my Elysiums on the RU6. Wonderful balance of bass and treble without the harshness. Best exemplified by some tracks I like from the 60s of Cilla Black. I like her voice, but she tends to sound really screechy on the loud high notes which can be a bit painful, but with the Elysium/RU6 combo all the flavor is there without the harsh piercing edge. Just loving it.

Feb 25, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #5,115 of 18,162
Just received my Ozar:

Im blown away, had tears in my eyes hearing some of my favorite songs, damn... 😵 And it's not even burned in 😅
love the theme

what knife is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back