Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #5,116 of 18,541
@AlexCBSN Sorry to bother you my friend but i found the epro horn ep00 at Penon but it seems there are 3 different size categories with S/M/L in each one! Iv never encountered this before! I attached a couple of photos to show. Do you have any idea which categorie are the ones you recommend? Thanx👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-25-16-31-37.png
    Screenshot_2022-02-25-16-31-37.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #5,117 of 18,541
Just received my Ozar:

Im blown away, had tears in my eyes hearing some of my favorite songs, damn... 😵 And it's not even burned in 😅
I must say i do like the all black colour scheme, its like the Speacial Force's of the IEM world lol
Do you own or. Have you heard the SOG? I'm curious to know how they compare due to using exactly the same dynamic driver?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #5,119 of 18,541
With about 100 hours of burn-in on my Avalon, I changed the configuration to red nozzle and blue filter, which is the default combination for me in the case of IMR earphones, and SpiralDot++ tips. Damn, but it still has some sweet sub-bass. It's detailed, but not as bright and dry as the Semper can sometimes get. It reminds me of IT07 a lot, except less bright.

I still support what I said initially, however: this are the best vocals I've heard on an IMR product. Overall a very balanced, warm presentation. I'm looking forward to what happens over the next 100-200 hours.

Feb 25, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #5,120 of 18,541
Thanks!

Its a TwoSun TS129:
Dang! That is an unbelieveable price for CF + Ti + M390 + KVT bearings! At first I thought it was a custom knife bc I didnt recognize it.
With about 100 hours of burn-in on my Avalon, I changed the configuration to red nozzle and blue filter, which is the default combination for me in the case of IMR earphones, and SpiralDot++ tips. Damn, but it still has some sweet sub-bass. It's detailed, but not as bright and dry as the Semper can sometimes get. It reminds me of IT07 a lot, except less bright.

I still support what I said initially, however: this are the best vocals I've heard on an IMR product. Overall a very balanced, warm presentation. I'm looking forward to what happens over the next 100-200 hours.
Would you say the Semper is better than the Avalon (so far) for your ears?

Feb 25, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #5,121 of 18,541
Would you say the Semper is better than the Avalon (so far) for your ears?
Well, in general, the Avalon's turning agrees with me more than the Semper's. Warm-ish, but detailed is what I like.
But the Semper is a different sort of beast, so it's not entirely fair to compare the two to tell which one is better.

Feb 25, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #5,123 of 18,541
The only thing from the package I really dislike is the cable, pretty stiff and with earhooks.

So I couldn't resist and modded the socket of my favorite budget cable, Eagle 16, to fit the Ozar.

The connector diameter and colour fits the Ozar perfectly, looks like it came like this from factory😅:

One thing I never shared so far and never seen it anywhere before, which improves the fit and sound compared to stock silicone tips:

My modified foams 😅 Don't look pretty, but work very well.

The backstory: I always loved the fit, bassy sound and isolation of foams, but hated the muffled highs. I discovered, that inside of the tip there is a plastic tube, which is shorter then the foam itself. This excess foam on top of the tube muffles the highs. Cutting that foam down to the plastic tube eliminated the muffling. Now the fit, isolation AND highs are amazing 😊

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #5,124 of 18,541
The only thing from the package I really dislike is the cable, pretty stiff and with earhooks.

So I couldn't resist and modded the socket of my favorite budget cable, Eagle 16, to fit the Ozar.

The connector diameter and colour fits the Ozar perfectly, looks like it came like this from factory😅:

One thing I never shared so far and never seen it anywhere before, which improves the fit and sound compared to stock silicone tips:

The backstory: I always loved the fit, bassy sound and isolation of foams, but hated the muffled highs. I discovered, that inside of the tip there is a plastic tube, which is shorter then the foam itself. This excess foam on top of the tube muffles the highs. Cutting that foam down to the plastic tube eliminated the muffling. Now the fit, isolation AND highs are amazing 😊
Have you modified the stock foam tips?

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #5,126 of 18,541
Yeah iv had the slipping out problem for as long as i can remember until i got my MEST mk2 which included the Azla Xelastec, they are truly phenomenal, i don't know what it is but the slight stickiness the material used is genius and keeps them stuck in your ear the whole time, if you have not tried them i highly rec them👍 they are also super comfy and mould to the shape of your ears! But they don't give me the bass I'm after for my huge Drum&Bass libabry so i am only use them for my band Libabry which includes lots of different artists from The Cure & The Police to Arcade Fire, The Doves, Artic Monkey's and Kasabian oh and could forget my love for Athlete,The Zottons & Coldplay😍 for all these the Xelastec's are unmatched👍
I found a friend who also listens to drum and bass. welcome my friend. for me, I still haven't found my dream IEM. I also find that there is still a lack of sub bass. I always have to increase the region below 125 Hz at the max and that swells me up. I hesitate to invest in empire ears hero. It goes down to 5 hz and have a special woofer. but the DD is 9mm. I prefer to have a bigger DD. in this sense, the new 14.6 mm DD of the new zenith 2 promises beautiful sub bass. but i don't like the Frankenstein shell. I will wait and hope for a setup with this big DD and EST in addition Bob will offer cheaper AMT drivers this year.it could be interesting. and until then the Avalon and my new Fiio fh9 (with EQ) do the job. I wish you good luck in your search for the dream IEM sub bass and may the drum and bass continue to resonate and make us deaf.🥳🥰

Feb 25, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #5,127 of 18,541
Have you modified the stock foam tips?
I already had modified ones, but it will work with the stock ones too.

I was anxious, that the Ozar won't have enough mid and subbass, but gosh, i was wrong. Im mainly listening to Hardstyle and Hardcore (EDM) with much Mid and Subbass, and the first time i don't feel the need to EQ the lows.

So far my favorite budget basshead IEMs were Kbear Diamond and REECHO SG-03, both EQed +4 DB under 60hz.

With Ozars black bass filter and my modified foams (at pretty high listening volume) there is more then enough Sub- and Midbass rumble, no need to EQ for me 😊

Feb 25, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #5,128 of 18,541

That cable DOES suit the Ozar. Nicely done.

I always thought foam tips would work for me, but they haven't. Will have to chop some like you did and see ...

Feb 25, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #5,130 of 18,541
I already had modified ones, but it will work with the stock ones too.

I was anxious, that the Ozar won't have enough mid and subbass, but gosh, i was wrong. Im mainly listening to Hardstyle and Hardcore (EDM) with much Mid and Subbass, and the first time i don't feel the need to EQ the lows.

So far my favorite budget basshead IEMs were Kbear Diamond and REECHO SG-03, both EQed +4 DB under 60hz.

With Ozars black bass filter and my modified foams (at pretty high listening volume) there is more then enough Sub- and Midbass rumble, no need to EQ for me 😊

it's good. The problem with IEMs that have bone conduction drivers, like the Avalon, is that they require very deep instertion. otherwise, in my case, I lose a lot. and unfortunately, I can't get it with tips other than the original little silicones from IMR.
but indeed, with the black nozzle on the Avalon, there are quite a few sub basses. but I find that it is still lacking a little and above all that it is still too dark for my taste and not defined enough. my ideal is the Fiio fh7 with +12 db up to 125 hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back