Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 23, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #5,071 of 18,115
IYes its the shaped of them that interests me? Have you tried the Acoustune AET08/AET07?
I think I'm just gonna go mad next month and spend some good money on tips? Probably the final-e, Sefna Earfits,ePro Horns, Acoustune AET08/AET07 and Symbio W Hybrids. Hopefully between all them i should find the perfect match for my Splash of Gold and Mest mk2?
Actually speaking about SOG remember i have a brand new set I'm selling for £125 if anyone is interested?
20220222_214129.jpg
The blue ones are AET08. The bore size is about the same as the imr nozzle.
Shouldn't change the original bass tone too much, but Acoustune mentions it can add some bass reverb.

Feb 23, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #5,072 of 18,115
The cheapest with most obvious upgrades :ksc75smile: I, too am the AZLA Sedna Earfit fans, its strange how easily they could be inserted and just stay there. Though with a wide bore, they do give me a good solid bass. AZLA Xelastec is also nice, but to me, they are a bit tough to insert, especially with dry weather, and the sticky surface is very unique but bass-wise it is less impactful than Sedna Earfit to me.
After a few days with them, I thought the Xelastec were the last tips I would buy ... but now after a couple months they have a "pinched" shape. I do put them in hot water maybe weekly, and it helps for a few days, but they simply may not be a long-term answer. The other negative is that when you take them out, seems like you need to let them "cool down" for 5 minutes or more before re-inserting. Otherwise the fit/seal isn't quite right.

May have to check the Earfit. :L3000:

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #5,073 of 18,115
It's been 2 weeks now and still no change to the status of my Royal Mail tracking number for my Avalon. I'm tempted to cancel.
My status is same.
Bob replied to my inquiry and said to speak to the post office about the status.
I’ll wait until Bob get response from post office.

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #5,074 of 18,115
The thing about dm for example is that the double did actually helps with the soundstage to feel more realistic but not wide. I love that drums do feel 3d as in where there's this spacial feel to it around my head. As zeppmeister says elan is truly special but the feeling of claustrophobia was a bit much to me.

Tbh I love dm, but we gotta go back to the classics and fall in love with them. Someone posted a mod for the semper with foam in the exterior grills. Mids just came to life and bass still manages authority and rumble. As well opus mia it's still a king of it's own realm, sog and Ozar are something else but I think I'll do my Aten 5 my daily driver for the next couple of weeks.
Did you perhaps tried tip rolling on Elan? I found out it responds a lot to tip rolling. Try the Moondrop Spring tips once - opens up the stage quite a lot and tames the bass.

Also, can you tell me how far the Elan is ahead of Ozar in terms of performance?

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #5,075 of 18,115
20220222_214129.jpg
The blue ones are AET08. The bore size is about the same as the imr nozzle.
Shouldn't change the original bass tone too much, but Acoustune mentions it can add some bass reverb.
Hi, I would like to know, how far ahead of Elan is the Avalon? Is the top end even darker than Elan?

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #5,076 of 18,115
Thanks for the advice👍 you are the 3rd person rec-ing the AZLA Sedna Earfit so it must be how they are made or materials used but, i cannot not gives these a try now you have also said they are special for bass! I have the Azla Xelastec's and they are amazing by far the most comfortable Tips iv ever owned and the slight stickiness to the material used is genius! they stay in place and never move! I would highly rec them to anyone. But I'm just looking for increased bass and they don't give it! I think people over look the importance of Ear Tips and the different ear anatomy, people concintrate so much on drivers and frequency response which don't get me wrong is obviously very important but, different shaped ears and the Tips chosen to go in those ear shapes can make or break a set of IEM'S! Once again thanx for the advice and once i recieve and test them for myself ill come back with some impression's.
The sedna Earfits are really good, but I also ghad these to increase the bass of the Opus Mia, and they worked pretty well. Audio Technica Solid Bass. It was a bit of an overkill with the Dark Matter. If you can find them, it may be worth a shot. They run rather big though....

41Kfq7JMh9L._AC_.jpg

Feb 24, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #5,077 of 18,115
After a few days with them, I thought the Xelastec were the last tips I would buy ... but now after a couple months they have a "pinched" shape. I do put them in hot water maybe weekly, and it helps for a few days, but they simply may not be a long-term answer. The other negative is that when you take them out, seems like you need to let them "cool down" for 5 minutes or more before re-inserting. Otherwise the fit/seal isn't quite right.

May have to check the Earfit. :L3000:
Yeah, that has been a problem for me, too. Not only do they retain the shape of the ear canal permanently, but the procedure described by the manufacturer to return them to their original shape doesn't work, and all it does is kill the nice, transparent look of the tips by making them turn matte and actually warps them even further by making the hoods mushroom. Furthermore, once the material the Xelastecs warms up inside your ear, the tips start twisting on the iem nozzles, which always makes me afraid that they will turn loose and stay in my ear.

Perhaps a solution to the shape change issue would be to let them cool down after use by turning them inside out. I will try that sometime.

Feb 24, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #5,078 of 18,115
Ehorns in both presentation are magnificent, the long horn add a ton of body to mids and bass, shallow ones are more like spiral dots, though I like em more, since the fit is way better and they do have better bass control than spirals which are prone to reduce bass
T
Ehorns in both presentation are magnificent, the long horn add a ton of body to mids and bass, shallow ones are more like spiral dots, though I like em more, since the fit is way better and they do have better bass control than spirals which are prone to reduce bass
Which model would you say is the best for my intended purpose ie more bass?
I see there are a few different models and am not sure which are long or short which you mentioned?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Feb 24, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #5,079 of 18,115
The sedna Earfits are really good, but I also ghad these to increase the bass of the Opus Mia, and they worked pretty well. Audio Technica Solid Bass. It was a bit of an overkill with the Dark Matter. If you can find them, it may be worth a shot. They run rather big though....

41Kfq7JMh9L._AC_.jpg
Yeah, that has been a problem for me, too. Not only do they retain the shape of the ear canal permanently, but the procedure described by the manufacturer to return them to their original shape doesn't work, and all it does is kill the nice, transparent look of the tips by making them turn matte and actually warps them even further by making the hoods mushroom. Furthermore, once the material the Xelastecs warms up inside your ear, the tips start twisting on the iem nozzles, which always makes me afraid that they will turn loose and stay in my ear.

Perhaps a solution to the shape change issue would be to let them cool down after use by turning them inside out. I will try that sometime.
Those Audio Technica Solid Bass look perfect just what I'm after, I'll add them to the list👍 how are you getting on with the Dark Matter? I'm torn between getting them or the FocusAudio EDM for my Basshead needs since i sold and instantly regreted my Bass Cannon's! What is the DM bass like in quantity & quality with the black nozzle?
Thanks for the help?
@Poganin, i havnt had this issue with the Xelastec yet because I have not been using them for that long. But to be honest they are by far the best tips iv ever used and would not mind buying new ones every 2 or 3 months? With that said, they may last longer than usual because half the time i will be using different Tips for my Bass music requirements once i find the right ones?

Feb 24, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #5,080 of 18,115
The cheapest with most obvious upgrades :ksc75smile: I, too am the AZLA Sedna Earfit fans, its strange how easily they could be inserted and just stay there. Though with a wide bore, they do give me a good solid bass. AZLA Xelastec is also nice, but to me, they are a bit tough to insert, especially with dry weather, and the sticky surface is very unique but bass-wise it is less impactful than Sedna Earfit to me.
Thank you for the advice with all you re-ing the Azla Sedna i have orders some so hopefully they will do the trick with the increased sub- bass I'm after? If they do i will have finally found the right tips for me, Azla Sedna for bass & Azla Xelastec for everything else.

Feb 24, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #5,082 of 18,115

41Kfq7JMh9L._AC_.jpg
I'm having serious issues finding these! No matter where i look i cannot find them! When i search for them the results i get are actual iem's & TWS monitors not ear-tips! Do you have any advice where to source some? Thanx👍

Feb 24, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #5,083 of 18,115

Users who are viewing this thread

Back