Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 23, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #5,041 of 18,115
New Bee foam tips provide a good seal and improves the fit of Avalon

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #5,042 of 18,115
Will work my way through my tips, i have some spiral dots which i found best with the RAH but really having issues with everything I try with the Avalons so far. Not being hopeful and could well be exploring return options
I've been using the smallest size tip that still gives me a good seal. The smaller size tip allows the Avalon to sit deeper into the ear canal and fits comfortably for me this way.
I am using Acoustune AET08 size S. They are doing the trick for me.
I have Spiral dots as well, but I'm not getting a good seal with them.
The cable also is a bit stiff out of the box. The cable itself may be pushing the Avalon out laterally? The cable adjuster has been helping keep the cable at bay

Feb 23, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #5,044 of 18,115
In general, you want narrow-bore tips to increase bass quantity, but they won't make you hear bass that isn't there. If the driver does not generate sub-bass frequencies, they won't magically appear because you use such tips.
Thanx for the advice Poganin👍 i knew narrow bore are the best for bass and have had mixed results with the ones i own but iv been reccomended Azlas Senta Short tips which I'm going to order and see how they perform? Im trying to squeeze as much Sub-bass as possible out my IMR SOG & Mest mk2 which i defiantly know the drivers have. They both have plenty and sometimes to much mid-bass slam but can sort this out with a small 1-2db cut at 120hrz. To be fair i normally have to boost any monitor a few db around 60hrz to get the powerful & thick Presintation i enjoy when out & about! When I'm having a listening session at home i pretty much leave the EQ alone!
So with all that said I'm torn between buying the Digizoid ZOfs Amp/Hardware Bass & Treble EQ to boost the bass in the monitors i already own or pick up a set of Fucus-Audio EDM monitors which have a VERY similar FR as Legend-X up to 1K!
After research and reviews I'm pretty confident the EDM will meet my requirements but, I'm having trouble finding real world impressions of the Digizoid ZOfs! So if anyone has any experience with the ZOfs i would greatly appreciate your help & impressions

Feb 23, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #5,046 of 18,115
Final e tips. (black ones)
Thanx for advice👍 I had these with my Bravado mk2 but don't own any so will for sure order a set, you are the 3rd person that's rec'd these so i have good hopes they will work.

Feb 23, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #5,047 of 18,115
iv been reccomended Azlas Senta Short tips which I'm going to order and see how they perform
Azla Sedna tips are wide bore, so the effect may be the opposite of what you want to achieve. But the short tips are good if you want deeper insertion or you mount them on earphones which already go deep, which makes things more comfortable.

Final E, like Alex said, are the only ones I know which have really narrow bore.

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #5,048 of 18,115
Azla Sedna tips are wide bore, so the effect may be the opposite of what you want to achieve. But the short tips are good if you want deeper insertion or you mount them on earphones which already go deep, which makes things more comfortable.

Final E, like Alex said, are the only ones I know which have really narrow bore.
I have Final E-type in white with the narrow bore, but am not sure if material is different between the black and white. I know the material between black and clear has some difference in rigidity.

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #5,049 of 18,115
I have Final E-type in white with the narrow bore, but am not sure if material is different between the black and white. I know the material between black and clear has some difference in rigidity.
Yes, I have the white ones with pink stem myself, but I rarely use them because they tend to muddy the sound even more than standard foam tips do.

Feb 23, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #5,050 of 18,115

Thanx my friend that's very helpful ill get the black final-e first them👍 its funny really how everyone is so different cos the guy on the mest thread said the sendahort are his go to for bass on mest mk2! Maybe it has something to do with how wide there nozzle is? Do you have any experience with the eHorn Tips? A few people say they are great and I'm really curious especially regarding their shape?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #5,052 of 18,115
Feb 23, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #5,053 of 18,115
Thanx for the advice Poganin👍 i knew narrow bore are the best for bass and have had mixed results with the ones i own but iv been reccomended Azlas Senta Short tips which I'm going to order and see how they perform? Im trying to squeeze as much Sub-bass as possible out my IMR SOG & Mest mk2 which i defiantly know the drivers have. They both have plenty and sometimes to much mid-bass slam but can sort this out with a small 1-2db cut at 120hrz. To be fair i normally have to boost any monitor a few db around 60hrz to get the powerful & thick Presintation i enjoy when out & about! When I'm having a listening session at home i pretty much leave the EQ alone!
So with all that said I'm torn between buying the Digizoid ZOfs Amp/Hardware Bass & Treble EQ to boost the bass in the monitors i already own or pick up a set of Fucus-Audio EDM monitors which have a VERY similar FR as Legend-X up to 1K!
After research and reviews I'm pretty confident the EDM will meet my requirements but, I'm having trouble finding real world impressions of the Digizoid ZOfs! So if anyone has any experience with the ZOfs i would greatly appreciate your help & impressions
I have final-e's and I am not sure about how much they increase bass. I have a wide bore that really help bass in my experience. Azla Sedna Earfits. I don't think it is absolute about bass being increased, all the time by narrow bores.

Feb 23, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #5,055 of 18,115
To be honest. It is a bit disappointing that IMR doesn't sell pre-burned in monitors. Expecting customers to wait for at least a week after the burn-in period is complete till they can use their IEM is rather strange.
That would be nice, but surely that would increase the price of the IEMs. Can you imagine the increase in electricity bill, a member of staff dedicated to supervising the process, etc.....

Sometimes, good things are worth waiting for, even if it is a bit of a pain waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back