• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 22, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #5,011 of 18,514
sounds like made in china IEM sold at a premium price
Can it be the same with Event Horizon??? No new info/pics and shipping in march.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #5,012 of 18,514
Isn't that what Trinity Audio Engineering was actually doing back before Bob splintered away from it?
yes but I thought this time is over
When Stingray was announced, I found it to be very expensive compared to all IEMs that have been released by IMR so far. If on top of that they are made in China, I have been lucky not to order them

Feb 22, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #5,013 of 18,514
When Stingray was announced, I found it to be very expensive compared to all IEMs that have been released by IMR so far.
Same, which is why I never even gave it a second look.

And on the subject of the new cables: removing the plastic ear guides really does help with their utility and comfort tremendously. Although I may or may not have stabbed myself in the fingers with scissors more times that I might like to admit.

Feb 22, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #5,015 of 18,514
After 30h of burn-in, I have to say that I am still not impressed by Avalon compared to Semper. I think that the expectations were so high when reading the email from Bob where he announced Avalon and DM and said that they will have no competition...The next hours of burn-in must do something really magical in the sound to meet those expectations, which I doubt it will. I hope that I am wrong

Feb 22, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #5,016 of 18,514
Same, which is why I never even gave it a second look.

And on the subject of the new cables: removing the plastic ear guides really does help with their utility and comfort tremendously. Although I may or may not have stabbed myself in the fingers with scissors more times that I might like to admit.
Does anyone actually know they have been sent to a chi-fi
manufacture? If they have in also super super happy i didn't order a set, when i saw them i was actually thinking of selling my MEST mk2 and yes Unique Melody are Chinese but probably one of the best developer's in the world!
Whilst writing these it accrued to me that maybe the reason for going out of shop it the ATM Drivers? I still think to hold tight and give Bob the benefit of the doubt until he explains more? You never know they could have gone to Germany,U.S or stayed in the UK?
But again i do agree with you about more transparency especially when you take the price of the StingRay into consideration!

Feb 22, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #5,017 of 18,514
After 30h of burn-in, I have to say that I am still not impressed by Avalon compared to Semper. I think that the expectations were so high when reading the email from Bob where he announced Avalon and DM and said that they will have no competition...The next hours of burn-in must do something really magical in the sound to meet those expectations, which I doubt it will. I hope that I am wrong
I would give them at least 100 hours before comparing to Semper.

Feb 22, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #5,018 of 18,514
I would give them at least 100 hours before comparing to Semper.
For sure I will continue to burn them in. One positive point is that, at the same volume, Avalon is louder than Semper. Maybe it is because planar in Semper requires more power

Feb 22, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #5,019 of 18,514
Give the Avalon more time. I burned in the Elysium for 200 hours and still wasn't happy with it. But another 100 hours and I started to see its charm.

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #5,023 of 18,514
Is it fine if I use an old DAP and let it play an album on repeat? Thats what I was planning. Keeping a DAP connected to an USB charger and playing an album constantly on repeat and my listening volume.
Maybe make sure the album in question covers a wide frequency range and has a bit of dynamics in it; I am not a huge fan of using white noise for burn-in, it plays all frequencies concurrently but does not elicit sudden movement in the drivers. Also - supposedly playing a bit louder than your usual listening volume is recommended.

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #5,025 of 18,514
The DM are also surprisingly easy to drive.

@Winni Bob recommends playing your regular music for burn-in.

Some helpful soul on here recommended Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, which I have used since.

I haven't ever done more than 8 hours a day of burn in. Is many more continuous hours okay, or is "rest" good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back