Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 22, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #4,997 of 18,497
Had a bit of a happy accident. Was down at the local electronics store, and wanted to check out the size of these tips just for the hell of it. Ended up ripping the box, so I decided to buy them. JVC Spiral Dots with a wide bore opening for about $15 for 6. "For a clear sound experience" it says on the box. The synergy on the Dark Matter is amazing. The fit is snug, the bone conduction sensation more prevalent, the presence, more, well.... present.

"Clear" is goddamn right. For me at least, the wider bore opens the flow of the music resulting in an even more holographic experience. I'm not even up to 100 hours yet. But as I stated earlier, I'm not even concerned with the burn-in. Just enjoying the hell out of these things right away. The way the bass is subtly (and not so subtly) conferred is amazing. Was listening to a Pink Floyd bootleg from 6/75 and the richness of Waters' bass as it intertwined with Gilmour's guitar and those wonderful female singers on Any Colour You Like was a sight to behold. Yes, synesthesia was achieved. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
JVC spiral dots.png
Totally agree with you. These Spiral dots are perfect for Dark Matter. Very comfortable with good fitting as well. Has been listening to instrumental, new wave/age music including acoustics, DM is phenomenon. Timbre is crazy good and so musical. Chris Spheeris especially Mystic Travellers album so ethereal.

On blue nozzle these days instead of Pink or Silver with more than 200hrs of burnt in.
FEF1B76C-3886-467F-A240-F3DD57FC6C15.jpeg

Feb 22, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #4,998 of 18,497
Totally agree with you. These Spiral dots are perfect for Dark Matter. Very comfortable with good fitting as well. Has been listening to instrumental, new wave/age music including acoustics, DM is phenomenon. Timbre is crazy good and so musical. Chris Spheeris especially Mystic Travellers album so ethereal.

On blue nozzle these days instead of Pink or Silver with more than 200hrs of burnt in.
FEF1B76C-3886-467F-A240-F3DD57FC6C15.jpeg
Great your enjoying DM👍
Would you say they are totally basshead or are they just very Bassy? Do you own Opus Mia,Bass Cannon or Splash of Gold for bass comparison? Appreciate your help

Feb 22, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #5,000 of 18,497
Too early to say. I just started the burn-in. So far, it is different. For me Semper is still king
Comparing the Avalon to Semper I'm liking the richer, darker vocal tones coming from the Semper for now. Will continue to burn on.

Feb 22, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #5,001 of 18,497
I just learned Bob isn't building CIEM stingrays in-house, hence the delay. Is this extremely concerning to anyone else besides me? Feels like an utter bait and switch... I didn't buy into a 'TOTL' CIEM that is supposed to be built by someone other than IMR??? I emailed Bob to ask and that's the jist of what he said.

What.

Feb 22, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #5,002 of 18,497
Was listening to a Pink Floyd bootleg from 6/75 and the richness of Waters' bass as it intertwined with Gilmour's guitar and those wonderful female singers on Any Colour You Like was a sight to behold. Yes, synesthesia was achieved. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
JVC spiral dots.png
Boston or Hamilton?

Feb 22, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #5,003 of 18,497
When I compare the Avalon to the Rah, the Avalon is slightly larger.
The lower and back edge of the Avalon is more flushed and angled though and this seems to give me a better snug fit.

20220222_214023.jpg20220222_214129.jpg20220222_214110.jpg20220222_214040.jpg

Feb 22, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #5,004 of 18,497
I just learned Bob isn't building CIEM stingrays in-house, hence the delay. Is this extremely concerning to anyone else besides me? Feels like an utter bait and switch... I didn't buy into a 'TOTL' CIEM that is supposed to be built by someone other than IMR??? I emailed Bob to ask and that's the jist of what he said.

What.
IMR really need to learn what "transparency" and "being honest with your customers" means.

Feb 22, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #5,005 of 18,497
IMR really need to learn what "transparency" and "being honest with your customers" means.
As you well know I'm ALWAY's in Bob's corning but this is a little strange! When he wrote the discription it said "they" IMR had done so much work creating the StingRay!
However, until more is known we should give him the benefit of doubt because we do not know which part of the build is going out of shop? Believe or not MANY companies who sell IEM'S/Headphones ect.. Don't touch there products everything is developed & made by other companies, KZ & GS Audio come to mind with the latter doing a lot of work for Fearless Audio and also remember nearly all the drivers are made by other manufacturers like Sonion & Knowles and are just assembled in shop!
But i do absolutely agree regarding transparency.
As i say though, give Bob the opportunity to explain before jumping to any conclusions?

Feb 22, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #5,006 of 18,497
As i say though, give Bob the opportunity to explain before jumping to any conclusions?
I doubt he will and if he does it will be usual disingenuous flannel and ambiguous statements. But I would like to be surprised and proven wrong. My trust in IMR has been badly undermined by how they communicated with us during the past two months.

Feb 22, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #5,007 of 18,497
The experimental tuning system is made in Germany. I’m curious as to where the customs are being made but I wouldn’t be worried. Bob had trouble with inverted sockets that made a whole batch of iems out of phase once, I’m pretty sure he learnt his lesson and only delegates work that is better done elsewhere than in-house.

Feb 22, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #5,010 of 18,497
sounds like made in china IEM sold at a premium price
Isn't that what Trinity Audio Engineering was actually doing back before Bob splintered away from it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back