• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 18, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #2,476 of 17,941
New Gear Update!

Currently, I'm listening to my OM connected to the Luxury and Precision W2 dongle and I thought this was an end-game set-up for on-the-go listening, but yesterday I received the Nicehck Dark Jade graphene cable at it's taken my OM's to new heights. The sound can be best described as more natural and full. Mids have been pulled up forward slightly to where the singer is closer to me, rather than a few steps back. The overall sound seems a little more smooth than before where it felt slightly sharp. I'm loving this new set-up.

May 18, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #2,477 of 17,941
I'm just a little confused here, maybe one of you has the answer. Both the Elan and Ozark are described as CNT ADLC but the Elysium and Astra are described as having ADLC with no reference to CNT. Are they the same driver or do these two set of iems have different versions of the ADLC? Has anyone asked and gotten an answer to that?

Maybe Astra and Elysium have also been upgraded to CNT ADLC like BC, Knight and EDP+?

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #2,479 of 17,941
New Gear Update!

Currently, I'm listening to my OM connected to the Luxury and Precision W2 dongle and I thought this was an end-game set-up for on-the-go listening, but yesterday I received the Nicehck Dark Jade graphene cable at it's taken my OM's to new heights. The sound can be best described as more natural and full. Mids have been pulled up forward slightly to where the singer is closer to me, rather than a few steps back. The overall sound seems a little more smooth than before where it felt slightly sharp. I'm loving this new set-up.
Yeah, that's a great cable. I use the same cable with my RAH and EDP (I dont have the EDP anymore in anticipation of Elysium) - Fuller and better extension without any harshness is how I've found it to be. Actually the Dark Jade is made by XINHS and they sell both a 4 core and 8 core in their store as a "Graphene" cable. I've been super happy with it. Getting another one to go with the Elysium because the one I've got isn't coming off the RAH.

May 18, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #2,480 of 17,941
Yeah, that's a great cable. I use the same cable with my RAH and EDP (I dont have the EDP anymore in anticipation of Elysium) - Fuller and better extension without any harshness is how I've found it to be. Actually the Dark Jade is made by XINHS and they sell both a 4 core and 8 core in their store as a "Graphene" cable. I've been super happy with it. Getting another one to go with the Elysium because the one I've got isn't coming off the RAH.
I wasn't prepared for how thick and heavy it was. Definitely a quality product and I also knew about XINHS and opted for the Dark Jade since I wanted the 8 core and it was on sale with all the coupons for $69! Hopefully, I run across this sale again and I'll pick up the 3.5mm version as well

May 18, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #2,481 of 17,941
I don't judge him. But his business strategy is the real struggle. He charges too much models in too short time. and with a period of one month to decide. I think a lot of us cannot follow. My Wallet cannot recharge as fast as his sells. And when he makes changes, I have to reconsider all. If I am a millionaire, it will be without problems.😅

But for Ozar, it's the same driver as the knight but different shell for a more expensive price. Without a different tunning I think it's better to go with the knight.
knight is 6mm, Ozar is 10mm, i think the shell will be a wee different, knight seems really a "on the go" friendly shell, Ozar is the r2 shell, it isnt a bad fit but its bigger. im hoping for a xelento fit with the knight, basically i can sleep on em

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #2,482 of 17,941
knight is 6mm, Ozar is 10mm, i think the shell will be a wee different, knight seems really on the go friendly, Ozar is the r2 shell, im hoping for a xelento fit with the knight, basically i can sleep on em
Yes, Xelento have become my sleepers!

May 18, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #2,483 of 17,941
The KBEAR Wide 8 core Graphene single crystal copper plated with silver Cable is on sale for $61 USD

I wasn't prepared for how thick and heavy it was. Definitely a quality product and I also knew about XINHS and opted for the Dark Jade since I wanted the 8 core and it was on sale with all the coupons for $69! Hopefully, I run across this sale again and I'll pick up the 3.5mm version as well

May 18, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #2,484 of 17,941
The KBEAR Wide 8 core Graphene single crystal copper plated with silver Cable is on sale for $61 USD
Damn you! Sorry, my wallet has no filter

May 18, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #2,485 of 17,941
Yes, Xelento have become my sleepers!
yeah, they are quite fun, ive got the t8ie, its basically the same shell and driver, there were a pair of brand new xelentos for 500 bucks in amazon mexico, they were going down for days (i think someone bought em and just gave em back or something and they needed em to sell em so they lowered the price everyday) someone bought em... i was waiting for em to go for at least 450 or so

May 19, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #2,486 of 17,941
knight is 6mm, Ozar is 10mm, i think the shell will be a wee different, knight seems really a "on the go" friendly shell, Ozar is the r2 shell, it isnt a bad fit but its bigger. im hoping for a xelento fit with the knight, basically i can sleep on em
Ok didn't know for the different driver size. I see the xelento has a Tesla driver. How it sounds? 800 usd for xelento only for sleeping is a little too high for me.😅

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #2,487 of 17,941
Ok didn't know for the different driver size. I see the xelento has a Tesla driver. How it sounds? 800 usd for xelento only for sleeping is a little too high for me.😅
It is part of my collection, it is an spectacular all rounder with amazing bass and mids, truly exceptional iem. Size wise they are amazing, you don’t even notice them and the sound is tilted to the warm side

May 19, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,488 of 17,941
I bought a special graphene build from xinhs. 4 cores graphene + 4 cores pure silver for a total of 8 cores. The graphene brings more coherent and sweetness sound and the silver keep the width and lightness. But 8 cores for the Semper is heavy. they often fall and do not hold well because of the weight.

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #2,489 of 17,941
LOL - I didnt buy them for sleeping. They were my first "high end" IEM and I still love them. But then IMR came into my life.
The Xelento is a single dynamic Tesla driver that produces an incredible spectrum of sound for it's diminutive size or any size for that matter. I used them exlusively for a long while but now with all the other gear they get much less listening time and I typically bring them out when I want to just stuff them in my pocket or want to listen in bed. They are so small, they literally disappear into the ear. It's remarkable what Beyer accomplished inside those little jewel like shells.

May 19, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,490 of 17,941
I bought a special graphene build from xinhs. 4 cores graphene + 4 cores pure silver for a total of 8 cores. The graphene brings more coherent and sweetness sound and the silver keep the width and lightness. But 8 cores for the Semper is heavy. they often fall and do not hold well because of the weight.
That's what I use the chin slide for. Helps relieve the stress of holding those iems in-ear. Luckily, no one can see how ridiculous I look :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back