Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 14, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,446 of 18,048
I received the M8 today. I tell you, it's amazing how much these have improved the Semper for me over the M15. I can't believe they scale this much and the M15 couldn't handle them properly. Who knows how much more these can give. The sibilance and treble issue on bad recordings is very minimised now compared to before. I suggest anyone here to try something with more power to drive these.
The natural , thick tuning of the M8 works great with Semper too.
For me, I want to do the opposite. To my taste, M8 lacks of energy. I want to have fiio m15 to recover an engaging sound.🤔

May 14, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #2,447 of 18,048
Has anyone here gone with the IMR Knight?

Wanted to pick your brain on what you expect from it, and how capable of a bass beast you think it could turn out, given its size/one driver limitations?
We have nothing else than infos coming from the knight descriptions. But like everytime, we can trust Bob's descriptions. But it will be great if he updates a little bit due to new cnt adlc driver replacement.

But i wonder if knight and ozark will sound the same. Because it's strictly same configuration driver but with different shell and especially price. The knight is very cheaper.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #2,448 of 18,048
For me, I want to do the opposite. To my taste, M8 lacks of energy. I want to have fiio m15 to recover an engaging sound.🤔
If you want a more neutral sound I don't think M15 is right for you. Their tonality is very close I'd say , a bit more treble on M15 . But technically the M8 is a step up IMO. I think you can check Hiby R8 or something from A&K or ibasso .

May 14, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #2,449 of 18,048
If you want a more neutral sound I don't think M15 is right for you. Their tonality is very close I'd say , a bit more treble on M15 . But technically the M8 is a step up IMO. I think you can check Hiby R8 or something from A&K or ibasso .
Yes I will see. I want to stay with a flagship dac like ak4499 or es9038 pro. Some reviews said that m15 brings voices a little bit higher/junger. Just a little bit more energy will be enough me. IMR benefits a lot from bests DAC. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #2,450 of 18,048
Yes I will see. I want to stay with a flagship dac like ak4499 or es9038 pro. Some reviews said that m15 brings voices a little bit higher/junger. Just a little bit more energy will be enough me. IMR benefits a lot from bests DAC. Thanks for your advice.
A&K SE200 is worth looking at too, it has 2 DACs in 1 unit to choose from. They also just released the SE180 .

May 14, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,451 of 18,048
But, the M8 with Semper gives incredible details on low end. planar driver suits very well with M8.

May 14, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #2,452 of 18,048
A&K SE200 is worth looking at too, it has 2 DACs in 1 unit to choose from. They also just released the SE180 .
I don't like A&K company. I found there prices too expensive. There flagship dac with ak4499 are out of context. It's not only about price, but I don't feel this company. I read a lot from people not happy with costumers service etc.. but it's only my feelings, maybe if I can one day audition, it can change my mind.

The problem with audio environments is that it is complicated to audition and most of the time I have to buy only from reviews etc.. with a component that costs more than 1000 or 2000 usd it is hard when it disappointed me after buying it.
I think I will look at new gears coming this year. Like fiio m17. But I really appreciate your help and more info is always better. Thanks.

May 15, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #2,454 of 18,048
I don't like A&K company. I found there prices too expensive. There flagship dac with ak4499 are out of context. It's not only about price, but I don't feel this company. I read a lot from people not happy with costumers service etc.. but it's only my feelings, maybe if I can one day audition, it can change my mind.

The problem with audio environments is that it is complicated to audition and most of the time I have to buy only from reviews etc.. with a component that costs more than 1000 or 2000 usd it is hard when it disappointed me after buying it.
I think I will look at new gears coming this year. Like fiio m17. But I really appreciate your help and more info is always better. Thanks.
I haven't heard any of the A&K DAPs. Just based on what I'd read thought it might suit you. I can't demo either so we are in the same boat, and relying on reviews and impressions.
I hope you find what you wanted . Waiting is better as you said. you know this hobby , there's alway something new coming out and potentially better .

May 15, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #2,455 of 18,048
I haven't heard any of the A&K DAPs. Just based on what I'd read thought it might suit you. I can't demo either so we are in the same boat, and relying on reviews and impressions.
I hope you find what you wanted . Waiting is better as you said. you know this hobby , there's alway something new coming out and potentially better .
Never ending story.😥😁

May 17, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #2,459 of 18,048
The trade in program as well, I got a backup set of zeniths I got in a trade... If it only applied to the elan...
Yes, but who want’s the Ozar🤔

May 17, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #2,460 of 18,048

Users who are viewing this thread

Back