Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 26, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #361 of 18,128
Wait 200h to lose mids veil and 150h to have good bass and highs but I think this ****ing IEM could sounds better with many hours... be patient or plug it to something and wait 😏

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #362 of 18,128
Hi all, just wanted to ask something.
I bought an IMR R1 last year I think it was, but ended up returning it as there was a weird issue where I felt a kind of pain where the IEM body touched my ear. Seemed like an electrical thing.
Bob offered a replacement of course, but I was pretty freaked out (and still somewhat cautious from the whole Trinity thing) so I just got a refund. No issues at all with the service; it was exemplary.

But I kind of stumbled upon this thread again, and the new Opus Mia & Semper look amazing and I'm very interested to hear them. I think for me these are aesthetically the best design Bob's come up with yet :)

So I'm wondering if anyone else had that issue I described and if it was ever established what caused it?

And was it just then, back in the day (so to speak), or has it cropped up on any of the more recent offerings?
Many thanks :)

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #363 of 18,128
I haven't read of a similar issue in the multiple threads. Must have been your unique circumstances. Could be a skin sensitivity issue, like some people have with Magnesium.

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #364 of 18,128
Hi all!
IMR order finally made me register and become a member of Head-Fi instead of being silent reader.

Still burning my Opus Mia, will try to find out "my combination" within upcoming weeks. Currently using red nozzle + blue filter = feels fine for now.
Comparison with Xelento is somewhat I am looking forward now but seems IMR will outrun Beyers in terms of versatility.

Checked some impression pieces within the thread - and keep looking for more insight!

Sep 27, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #366 of 18,128
Hi all, just wanted to ask something.
I bought an IMR R1 last year I think it was, but ended up returning it as there was a weird issue where I felt a kind of pain where the IEM body touched my ear. Seemed like an electrical thing.
Bob offered a replacement of course, but I was pretty freaked out (and still somewhat cautious from the whole Trinity thing) so I just got a refund. No issues at all with the service; it was exemplary.

But I kind of stumbled upon this thread again, and the new Opus Mia & Semper look amazing and I'm very interested to hear them. I think for me these are aesthetically the best design Bob's come up with yet :)

So I'm wondering if anyone else had that issue I described and if it was ever established what caused it?

And was it just then, back in the day (so to speak), or has it cropped up on any of the more recent offerings?
Many thanks :)
Was it like a low voltage electric shock while you are listening to the iems? I had such an experience feels like there’s a continuous electricity leakage causing a stinging sensation from the metal shells of the iems and it’s a $150-200 chi-fi iem I bought maybe 2-3 years ago. I have never experienced the same thing on any of the IMR iems (I have quite a few from the original R1 to opus Mia), though, and have not seen anyone reported such an issue with IMR iems.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #369 of 18,128
Got a weird question to community (it was probably asked sometime ago but haven't faced it during thread scraping)

Have you tried asymmetric combination of filters?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #370 of 18,128
Was it like a low voltage electric shock while you are listening to the iems? I had such an experience feels like there’s a continuous electricity leakage causing a stinging sensation from the metal shells of the iems and it’s a $150-200 chi-fi iem I bought maybe 2-3 years ago. I have never experienced the same thing on any of the IMR iems (I have quite a few from the original R1 to opus Mia), though, and have not seen anyone reported such an issue with IMR iems.

I think what you are describing is what I felt.
One or two other people definitely mentioned this issue with regards to IMR earphones (but it could have been on the Audio Lounge thread or some other place) around the time I bought them.

Anyway, the good news is that since everyone seems to have no experience of such issues, it was probably just an early QC glitch that has long since been addressed (this occurred almost 2 and half years ago!) :)

Which of the current line up do you all think has the most bass slam and rumble?
And aside from that, which has the best technical performance? :)

Purely in terms of appearance (including colour), the Opus Mia is the one I most want, but since I'm an audiophile and all, I suppose I ought to pay some attention to the audio performance too :D

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #371 of 18,128
I think what you are describing is what I felt.
One or two other people definitely mentioned this issue with regards to IMR earphones (but it could have been on the Audio Lounge thread or some other place) around the time I bought them.

Anyway, the good news is that since everyone seems to have no experience of such issues, it was probably just an early QC glitch that has long since been addressed (this occurred almost 2 and half years ago!) :)

Which of the current line up do you all think has the most bass slam and rumble?
And aside from that, which has the best technical performance? :)

Purely in terms of appearance (including colour), the Opus Mia is the one I most want, but since I'm an audiophile and all, I suppose I ought to pay some attention to the audio performance too :D
I would say the opus Mia takes the position being the strongest performer currently among the IMR lineup and it definitely slams hard on the bass/sub bass department, at least compares to the Rah and PB1. Great news is that they are available to order as well.

Sep 29, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #373 of 18,128
Guys Penon OSG with Opus Mia is SIMPLY AWESOME.
Suggested+++

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #375 of 18,128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back