• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 24, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #331 of 18,514
Bob finally asked us!

My cable maker has offered to make some IMR branded graphene infused SPC cables.

As I am unsure what you guys really would like I have put a survey below to find out if this is something you would actually want.

These will come with the usual IMR 3 year warranty and have angled connectors for even better over the ear fit.

Pricing would be £220 (approx $275 USD) including shipping (no discounts allowed)

I would need around 75 committed buyers to make the investment worthwhile as this cable is very expensive.

These would be 4 wire cables and the spec is as follows:

• Grephene
  • SPC
  • copper (ex3)
  • 24awg
  • type 4 litz
  • 0.05mm 144 strands

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #332 of 18,514
i decided to jump over OS849 even if it’s a VG cable, dunno if Leo plus could be too bright on Opus Mia...
If OSG will be quite neutral it wil
Jump on PB2 and than I’ll buy Leo plus for Opus MIA, my 2 cents.

I'm assuming the Halcyon & Opus are very similar here but the Leo+ is perfect match for the Halcyon. Definitely not too bright.

I didn't like it on the PB1 though which can be quite bright. Prefer the Hulk or AG8 on that.

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #333 of 18,514
Bob finally asked us!

My cable maker has offered to make some IMR branded graphene infused SPC cables.

As I am unsure what you guys really would like I have put a survey below to find out if this is something you would actually want.

These will come with the usual IMR 3 year warranty and have angled connectors for even better over the ear fit.

Pricing would be £220 (approx $275 USD) including shipping (no discounts allowed)

I would need around 75 committed buyers to make the investment worthwhile as this cable is very expensive.

These would be 4 wire cables and the spec is as follows:

• Grephene
  • SPC
  • copper (ex3)
  • 24awg
  • type 4 litz
  • 0.05mm 144 strands

Is Bob reading my mind? This is interesting it's a bit less than the Penon OSG ($320) but less strands if I read the Penon page correct.

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #334 of 18,514
It is very strange you find PB1 brighter than Halcyon.
I found RAH, that is more similar to PB1 than Halcyon to Opus Mia, darker than Opus mia.
Even my friend told me Halcyon isn't Bright with his iBasso DX220 MAX and match better with his A&K Kann.
Maybe matching change our feedback.
I like Opus mia Tuning with Shanling M6 Pro and Penon OSG would match perfect if it sounds like reviews said

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #335 of 18,514

I spoke with him some days ago and told me he would ask us if we wants a cable like i was searching, but i just bought Penon OSG and tomorrow will be delivered to me.

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #336 of 18,514
It is very strange you find PB1 brighter than Halcyon.
I found RAH, that is more similar to PB1 than Halcyon to Opus Mia, darker than Opus mia.
Even my friend told me Halcyon isn't Bright with his iBasso DX220 MAX and match better with his A&K Kann.
Maybe matching change our feedback.
I like Opus mia Tuning with Shanling M6 Pro and Penon OSG would match perfect if it sounds like reviews said

Why do you think RAH is more similar to PB1 than Halcyon to Opus Mia?

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #337 of 18,514
Because Rah, PB1 and Halcyon has same Aten Gen.4 driver.
Rah and PB1 has same case and Halcyon almost the same, everyone same cable.

opus mia has new Aten Gen.5, new case and new cable

I had Rah and Halcyon

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #338 of 18,514
Because Rah, PB1 and Halcyon has same Aten Gen.4 driver.
Rah and PB1 has same case and Halcyon almost the same, everyone same cable.

opus mia has new Aten Gen.5, new case and new cable

I had Rah and Halcyon

The Aten driver is just one part of those IEMs, and also change from Rah to PB1.

The main change between one model and another will be given by the tuning carried out on the drivers, or by the type of drivers used. The tuning made to PB1 is very different from Rah, PB1 is much more neutral.

The only thing that changes the cable is in the shape of the hook.

Bob himself said that those who had a Halcyon could pass Opus Mia, since they were practically identical.

Most of the comparisons that exist speak that Halcyon and Opus Mia are practically identical, except that Opus has a little less bass.

Sep 25, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #339 of 18,514
Xinlisupreme & Firesign. No, what you have written is only partially correct. The Atem driver mounted on RAH and PB One are same generation but planar magnetics are different. On RAH planar size is 10 mm. on PB One 12 mm..
For Halcyon and Opus Mia the difference is between Aten drivers, maybe same diaphragm size but not same generation. However I don't know how much can be the effective difference in sound (not substantial IMHO) cause only few months are passed between the respective release dates.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #340 of 18,514
IMG_4023.jpeg

Opus Mia in da house! Finally!! I give them time to settle in - current configuration is purple/purple, open, Symbio F tips. This sounds promising - bass has to get better ....

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #341 of 18,514
You should wait 150/160h to get such improvement 🤩

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #342 of 18,514
Mine arrived yesterday too, but due to work i could only use them for a lil bit, soundstage was quite deep, love that the notes felt big and articulated, drivers need to settle down but nevertheless impressive

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #343 of 18,514
I hope that custom 2-pin socket is more accommodating in this generation. The one on the EDP is quite picky about what aftermarket cables it accepts.

Sep 25, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #344 of 18,514
Opus Mia became awesome 😭, I can’t stop to listen 🤩

Sep 25, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #345 of 18,514
You should wait 150/160h to get such improvement 🤩
I know I know - but I like where this is going. And I agree with AlexCBSN - these do scale somewhat different, bigger ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back