Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 28, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #11,161 of 18,013
I'm loving the BC and EDP Ace so much I'm contemplating cancelling the na-le and Zion I think I'm closing in on IMR end game territory just waiting for new toy syndrome to die down a bit and burn in to complete. With my last 5 or 6 purchases I'm sitting on a collection that's close to perfect for my tastes now I finally have my last Unicorn coming in from ebay (Acoustune HS1655CU)
Not sure what the Zion will add and the na-le is just a cheaper Elan which I already own.

Any evil IMR pushers out there want to try and convince me otherwise?
I agree with you. Now that my ACE has been burned in and seems stable (no audible changes to the sound in the last 50+ hours or so), and with Titan on the way, I don't really feel the need for more IEMs, especially cheaper ones. So my advice is to stick with the BC and ACE and forget the Na-Le and Zion. The Zion sounds interesting, but seems more gimmicky than anything else. I could be wrong, but I'm skeptical that it will compete with ACE or BC with regard to sound quality.

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #11,162 of 18,013
I'm loving the BC and EDP Ace so much I'm contemplating cancelling the na-le and Zion I think I'm closing in on IMR end game territory just waiting for new toy syndrome to die down a bit and burn in to complete. With my last 5 or 6 purchases I'm sitting on a collection that's close to perfect for my tastes now I finally have my last Unicorn coming in from ebay (Acoustune HS1655CU)
Not sure what the Zion will add and the na-le is just a cheaper Elan which I already own.

Any evil IMR pushers out there want to try and convince me otherwise?

There's a lot of us IMR pusher,/dealers out there. One snort and you are captive to the music. Maybe like us you need to join IMR Anonymous and go through the 12 step program. Once addicted though you may never get off IMR.

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #11,163 of 18,013
BTW, I'd really like to hear something about the soundstage/imaging/instrument separation of the '23 BC, especially compared to the single DD models (Ozar, SoR, SoG).
REALLY gonna need to burn them in first but...
In a nut shell - As good as or even more qualified tuning as the Ozar, SoG etc but everything is just MORE...but weirdly it works very very well
The bass though is profoundly well tuned bigger better

Hard to explain but the 3D imaging and instrument positioning combined makes each album I listen to sound fresh like Ive never heard it before o_0 and
despite ALL the IMR's I have onwed and enjoyed I am still hearing things in the mix I have not heard before which is mindboggling

The soundstage is different from any other IMR - cant pin it down . . .

Another more difficult thing to explain is errmmm . . .
the sound seems to be so immersive but profoundly spaciousness like the music fills the entire room Im listening in? Hard to explain but its an interesting effect / experience

Also Im not into anything excessive like 'forward mids' or 'sparkly highs' or 'big/deep bass' etc etc and yet Im hearing all these things on the 2023 BC and really enjoying it, i think because the Quality of all is So so good it works
YET despite everything being 'more' its such a relaxing listening experience - in the sense that it is very hard not to just melt into the music and end up listening to complete albums

Drum sounds have some of the best tonality I think Ive ever heard
Mids do indeed seem to be elevated and yet it works - i am REALLY looking forward to hearing the 23 BC when the 6mm driver especially is fully burnt in

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #11,164 of 18,013
In a nut shell - As good as or even more qualified tuning as the Ozar, SoG etc but everything is just MORE...but weirdly it works very very well

Hard to explain but the 3D imaging and instrument positioning combined makes each album I listen to sound fresh like Ive never heard it before o_0 and
despite ALL the IMR's I have onwed and enjoyed I am still hearing things in the mix I have not heard before which is mindboggling

the sound seems to be so immersive but profoundly spaciousness like the music fills the entire room Im listening in? Hard to explain but its an interesting effect / experience

Also Im not into anything excessive like 'forward mids' or 'sparkly highs' or 'big/deep bass' etc etc and yet Im hearing all these things on the 2023 BC and really enjoying it, i think because the Quality of all is So so good it works
YET despite everything being 'more' its such a relaxing listening experience - in the sense that it is very hard not to just melt into the music and end up listening to complete albums

Mids do indeed seem to be elevated and yet it works - i am REALLY looking forward to hearing the 23 BC when the 6mm driver especially is fully burnt in
What Jon said, I'm full of Lurgy so no eloquent descriptions from me today

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #11,165 of 18,013
Jan 28, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #11,166 of 18,013

Thanks a lot, Jon. All I needed to know to pull the trigger.

Final question: Who do you work for?

who_do_you_work_for_by_ellidegg.gif

Jan 28, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #11,167 of 18,013
Jan 28, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #11,168 of 18,013
Jan 28, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #11,169 of 18,013
Coughing like a consumptive head full of green goo
Bad jokes aside - get well soon buddy. ive had a fair amount of excess of phlegm the last few weeks :/

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #11,171 of 18,013
Have to be careful not to rant but . . . I am utterly flawed by the sound of the 2023 Bass Cannon. Most of IMR IEM's I find are truly magical but the 2023 BC is transcendental...and this is Pre-burn in !

One thing I have noticed though is that a lot of the more subtle elements of the magic are a little bit missing on my iBasso DX170. Sounds like it is a throttling a lot of the micro details and air?
Im using a silver cable which can go either way sometimes, weirdly sometimes adding warmth as opposed to the expected better clarity of highs! As Ive said a few times though...its all about the synergy of everything in your audio chaing that brings actual magic. Still sounds VERY good BUT on the Sony Wm1A...which in fairness is a flagship DAP...the qualities of all aspects of the audio presentation are breath-taking.

Usually when an IEM is very good Im constantly going from one song to the next as I cant wait to hear how it presents its qualities with each different song but with the 2023 BC I just find myself totally immersed in the music just effortlessly enjoying FULLY everything about what I'm not only hearing but also experiencing. 100% satisfied....something which I haven't really fully found with an IEM before o_0
So technically this means that the 2023 BC upscales very well indeed.
(and also it happens to have a perfect synergy with the sound of the Sony DAP)

This new 2023 wide band ADLC driver is extraordinary in its capabilities....almost EST driver type qualities. I still think the EST drivers are No.1 for realism of tonality but in all other aspects this new driver is right up there

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #11,172 of 18,013
Have to be careful not to rant but . . . I am utterly flawed by the sound of the 2023 Bass Cannon. Most of IMR IEM's I find are truly magical but the 2023 BC is transcendental...and this is Pre-burn in !

One thing I have noticed though is that a lot of the more subtle elements of the magic are a little bit missing on my iBasso DX170. Sounds like it is a throttling a lot of the micro details and air?
Im using a silver cable which can go either way sometimes, weirdly sometimes adding warmth as opposed to the expected better clarity of highs! As Ive said a few times though...its all about the synergy of everything in your audio chaing that brings actual magic. Still sounds VERY good BUT on the Sony Wm1A...which in fairness is a flagship DAP...the qualities of all aspects of the audio presentation are breath-taking.

Usually when an IEM is very good Im constantly going from one song to the next as I cant wait to hear how it presents its qualities with each different song but with the 2023 BC I just find myself totally immersed in the music just effortlessly enjoying FULLY everything about what I'm not only hearing but also experiencing. 100% satisfied....something which I haven't really fully found with an IEM before o_0

This new 2023 wide band ADLC driver is extraordinary in its capabilities....almost EST driver type qualities. I still think the EST drivers are No.1 for realism of tonality but in all other aspects this new driver is right up there
I listened to the eagles Hotel California and Elbow live with orchestra last night using the M1a and I was flabbergasted I was there in the a huge room with them every nuance and detail, some I've never noticed before were enveloping me filling me with emotion The BC is just ridiculous it's not a Bass Cannon it's a well rounded summitfi monster that just makes everything sound bigger, better with more atmosphere taking into the centre of the music.

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #11,173 of 18,013

I listened to the eagles Hotel California and Elbow live with orchestra last night using the M1a and I was flabbergasted I was there in the a huge room with them every nuance and detail, some I've never noticed before were enveloping me filling me with emotion The BC is just ridiculous it's not a Bass Cannon it's a well rounded summitfi monster that just makes everything sound bigger, better with more atmosphere taking into the centre of the music.
Agree with both of you. A top tier IEM that has an extremely involving sound signature. For IMR fans, these are pure IMR with a bass you can almost eat.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #11,174 of 18,013
Agree with both of you. A top tier IEM that has an extremely involving sound signature. For IMR fans, these are pure IMR with a bass you can almost eat.
How does the BC sound with the TempoTec V6?

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #11,175 of 18,013
I listened to the Elbow live with orchestra last night using the M1a
I was also listening to Elbow live with orchestra last night!! :D - As a live album it should be recognised as one the greats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back