Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 27, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #11,146 of 17,892
Nice :) I saw John Martyn do a live solo acoustic set in Moles nightclub in Bath but didn't really know him or who he was until years later.
I remember he started getting feedback as he was playing so he turned towards the offending amp and starting riffing on the feedback for a while ! He then slapped the strings, spun around and carried on where he was before the feedback !!

Jan 27, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #11,147 of 17,892
Nice :) I saw John Martyn do a live solo acoustic set in Moles nightclub in Bath but didn't really know him or who he was until years later.
I remember he started getting feedback as he was playing so he turned towards the offending amp and starting riffing on the feedback for a while ! He then slapped the strings, spun around and carried on where he was before the feedback !!
Amazing performer John Martyn. His wonderfully smooth and perfecly paced versions of 'Spencer the Rover' are inspiring. He was a great guitar player too.

Jan 27, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #11,148 of 17,892
Hello, just a simple question, is the ELAN+ the best or among the best IMR IEMs? Listening to Electronica = bass is crucial. It will be used with what you see in my signature.

Thanks.

Jan 27, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #11,149 of 17,892
Hello, just a simple question, is the ELAN+ the best or among the best IMR IEMs? Listening to Electronica = bass is crucial. It will be used with what you see in my signature.

Thanks.
You will be amazed at just how much better in every way pretty much any of the current IMR's are - If Bass is crucial I would pick up a 2023 BC whilst they are still in stock. You will not be dissapointed

Jan 27, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #11,150 of 17,892
You will be amazed at just how much better in every way pretty much any of the current IMR's are - If Bass is crucial I would pick up a 2023 BC whilst they are still in stock. You will not be dissapointed
Thanks. What is your opinion about the Elan+ ?

Jan 27, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #11,151 of 17,892
Thanks. What is your opinion about the Elan+ ?
If you look back a few post there are some comments. I dont own it but I have owned most of the IMR IEMs so know the IEMs in general very well :) - if its just 'BASS' you are looking for then 2023 BC - If you lean towards listening as an Audiophile then by all means go the Elan+
tbh - impossible to answer without knowing a lot more about where you are on your musical/or/Audiophile journey
+ I cant give an accurate opinion without having heard it but I do have 100& faith it will be something truly special with all due respect at a whole 'nother level from what is in your sig :D

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #11,152 of 17,892
If you look back a few post there are some comments. I dont own it but I have owned most of the IMR IEMs so know the IEMs in general very well :) - if its just 'BASS' you are looking for then 2023 BC - If you lean towards listening as an Audiophile then by all means go the Elan+
tbh - impossible to answer without knowing a lot more about where you are on your musical/or/Audiophile journey
+ I cant give an accurate opinion without having heard it but I do have 100& faith it will be something truly special with all due respect at a whole 'nother level from what is in your sig :D
No worries, I've just placed an order for the IMR Rah (2023 Model), after consulting Bob a bit, as well. Looks like a nice guy.
We will see...

Of course, I've also cancelled my Na-Le order.

Thanks for your patience with me.

PS: they costed me exactly £666 😨😱😨💀👻👾

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #11,153 of 17,892
No worries, I've just placed an order for the IMR Rah (2023 Model), after consulting Bob a bit, as well. Looks like a nice guy.
We will see...

Of course, I've also cancelled my Na-Le order.

Thanks for your patience with me.

PS: they costed me exactly £666 😨😱😨💀👻👾
Very nice - Let us know how they sound when they arrive - Be warned though, some of the IMR's need at least 300 hours burn in, sometimes a lot more! but well worth it when all the drivers have all finally settled in and can give you their full potential
Happy for you though. Most if not all of the IMR owners feel profoundly fortunate to own IMR IEM's they really are something very special :)

Jan 27, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #11,154 of 17,892
All this discussion about the BC and Elan+ lately has made me curious. But quite frankly I've had the EDP ACE in my ears for a while now and I consider the bass to be among the best quantity AND quality that I've heard from a set of IEMs, ever. Yes, ever. The combination of sub-bass and bass texture are really just superb. Absolutely no sense of bloating or bleed into the mids. The sub-bass rumbles, but doesn't overpower the sound profile. The mids still shine through and the overall sound is very balanced. I have the Zenith 2 and Semper, but their bass creates more of an "effect" rather than a textured sound. Somehow, the ACE (with gold lower filter) seems to project a tight bass with equal sub-bass, without bleeding upwards at all. It really is something different that I haven't heard before.

I've been listening to Semper more and more lately, and I've come to realize just how close to perfection it actually is. But the bass and sub-bass in particular are average or maybe above-average when compared to the ACE. I almost feel bad for Bob with the EDP ACE that it has been treated as the red-headed stepchild of the IMR offerings. With the right filters and tips, it has a ridiculous sub-bass and bass response, full midrange, and rolled-off treble, which suits certain musical genres really, really well, but others maybe not so much. I think the fact that the ACE doesn't excel in the most popular genres tends to detract from its strengths and folks are quick to dismiss its strong qualities. For my ears, though, I feel that it suits my preferences pretty well and I find myself listening to them more often than not. Yes, they are far from perfect, but when the discussion turns to bass and sub-bass quantity and quality, then the ACE needs to be in the discussion. I just love the impact and quality I get from this set. Really well done by Bob.

Jan 28, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #11,155 of 17,892
All this discussion about the BC and Elan+ lately has made me curious. But quite frankly I've had the EDP ACE in my ears for a while now and I consider the bass to be among the best quantity AND quality that I've heard from a set of IEMs, ever. Yes, ever. The combination of sub-bass and bass texture are really just superb. Absolutely no sense of bloating or bleed into the mids. The sub-bass rumbles, but doesn't overpower the sound profile. The mids still shine through and the overall sound is very balanced. I have the Zenith 2 and Semper, but their bass creates more of an "effect" rather than a textured sound. Somehow, the ACE (with gold lower filter) seems to project a tight bass with equal sub-bass, without bleeding upwards at all. It really is something different that I haven't heard before.

I've been listening to Semper more and more lately, and I've come to realize just how close to perfection it actually is. But the bass and sub-bass in particular are average or maybe above-average when compared to the ACE. I almost feel bad for Bob with the EDP ACE that it has been treated as the red-headed stepchild of the IMR offerings. With the right filters and tips, it has a ridiculous sub-bass and bass response, full midrange, and rolled-off treble, which suits certain musical genres really, really well, but others maybe not so much. I think the fact that the ACE doesn't excel in the most popular genres tends to detract from its strengths and folks are quick to dismiss its strong qualities. For my ears, though, I feel that it suits my preferences pretty well and I find myself listening to them more often than not. Yes, they are far from perfect, but when the discussion turns to bass and sub-bass quantity and quality, then the ACE needs to be in the discussion. I just love the impact and quality I get from this set. Really well done by Bob.
I agree with you that Aces are better than most people think. I listen to my Aces with a black bottom and red top filter with CEMA 22awg copper cable. They have a great full midrange and excel with vocals and instruments stuff. The bass is also very good, but it's not overpowering in any sense.
I have UM Mest mk2, and to my ears, EDP Aces are superior in terms of tonality, musicality, and listening enjoyment, with being 5 times less expensive.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #11,156 of 17,892
The Ace is good, particularly for it's well placed mid-range. The 2023 BC has somehow got a vast but quality bass, whilst keeping that more forward placed mid-range. Perhaps the highs on the Ace have a little more detail, but the 2023 BC is very realistic and genuinely exciting. Bass notes ARE audiophile and substantial and on the high end, little dinky triangles sound good. After having more and more hours on them, they are like a flower opening.....beautiful. For bass, quality as well as quantity the Ace cannot compete with the 2023 Bass Cannon. It will be interesting to see future Ace/BC comparisons. I have a well burned in Ace, but it cannot compete with this serious new Bass Cannon, which has a more interesting and realistic sound.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #11,158 of 17,892
Yes, it's thin 2 core black cable. Well, in this context it sounds promising to me. I just can't figure out how the cable can be so stiff that I can't even put it around my ears.
I had to rebend my cable too. Disconnect the wires from your source and earphones. Run some hot water over the preformed end of the wire, and adjust to your liking. Btw this doesn't work for preformed memory wire cablee,. ie third party.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #11,159 of 17,892
I'm loving the BC and EDP Ace so much I'm contemplating cancelling the na-le and Zion I think I'm closing in on IMR end game territory just waiting for new toy syndrome to die down a bit and burn in to complete. With my last 5 or 6 purchases I'm sitting on a collection that's close to perfect for my tastes now I finally have my last Unicorn coming in from ebay (Acoustune HS1655CU)
Not sure what the Zion will add and the na-le is just a cheaper Elan which I already own.

Any evil IMR pushers out there want to try and convince me otherwise?

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #11,160 of 17,892
Not sure what the Zion will add and the na-le is just a cheaper Elan which I already own.
Not sure about the Zion but re. the Na-Le, even if Bob mentioned they'd sound the same as the Elan (?!) I'd personally just wait it out and get my own impressions? New drivers (?), different sound, better fit, ... you could always sell them later without losing too much (just my 2€ct).

BTW, I'd really like to hear something about the soundstage/imaging/instrument separation of the '23 BC, especially compared to the single DD models (Ozar, SoR, SoG).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back