Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 29, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #11,176 of 18,013
How does the BC sound with the TempoTec V6?
Just started to listen to Amazon HD using the 4.4mm, Kotori Carbon Cable, with L Spiral Dot tips from the TempoTec V6. I've got it on high gain, it has 100 steps, high, middle or low gain. Just listened to Stimela (live version) by Hugh Masekela at 30 steps. Plenty of power, quite a smooth musical delivery. Ambitionz Az A Ridah, 2PAQ, mid bass is strong and impactful yet smooth at 30. The Bluest Blues, Alvin Lee sounds great from the V6 at 30 steps. 'Coming your Way', Fleetwood Mac has a great drum intro which the BC turns into something wonderful. So all listened to with the IMR Bass Cannon 2023
The TempoTec V6 is clearly optimized for musicality I cannot imagine anybody not liking the sound of the TempoTec V6 with the IMR BC (2023). I have various sources and I would say that the 4.4mm on the V6 is very 'smooth'. Others of my sources have more 'edge'. I'm sure the V6 will drive all IEMs and most headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #11,177 of 18,013
Just started to listen to Amazon HD using the 4.4mm, Kotori Carbon Cable, with L Spiral Dot tips from the TempoTec V6. I've got it on high gain, it has 100 steps, high, middle or low gain. Just listened to Stimela (live version) by Hugh Masekela at 30 steps. Plenty of power, quite a smooth musical delivery. Ambitionz Az A Ridah, 2PAQ, mid bass is strong and impactful yet smooth at 30. The Bluest Blues, Alvin Lee sounds great from the V6 at 30 steps. 'Coming your Way', Fleetwood Mac has a great drum intro which the BC turns into something wonderful. So all listened to with the IMR Bass Cannon 2023
The TempoTec V6 is clearly optimized for musicality I cannot imagine anybody not liking the sound of the TempoTec V6 with the IMR BC (2023). I have various sources and I would say that the 4.4mm on the V6 is very 'smooth'. Others of my sources have more 'edge'. I'm sure the V6 will drive all IEMs and most headphones.
Thanks for the reply! I also have the Kotori cable (a previous recommendation of yours), hopefully receiving the BC (2023) in next few days.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #11,179 of 18,013
After hearing the first impressions about the new Bass Cannon I almost regret owning a Zenith 2 already. Anyway I am happy with my Z2. I have the feeling the "real" bass cannon might be the new Na-Le.
The Zenith II us VERY special as well. Along with the 2023 BC it is unique & special in the IMR arsenal
I hope the Na LE actually has the 2022 generation of driver as the slightly more 'diffuse' characteristic I think will work exceptionally well with the Sonion BC driver

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #11,182 of 18,013
Some notes on shipping from UK to US.

Like many on the forum, I am waiting for my Titans and Seraphim+s. I have tracking numbers for both of them. The Titans are coming via the UK Post Office and the tracking number for them shows the usual "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference RN...........GB . Please try again tomorrow." The Seraphim+ are with Parcelforce, and checking the tracking with them returns "Advised" with no tracking data recorded. So who knows when either of them will actually arrive.

One definitive example of the time that shipments are taking from the UK Post Office is my order with IMR for three of their small cases. I ordered on November 27th and they were shipped on the 28th. Unlike the new build orders, these in stock items were actually taken to the Belper post office that day and the tracking number immediately became active. I am fairly sure that the multiple orders for new builds, like my Titans and Seraph+, don't get taken to the post office but are handled by a logistics company, and that is why we get tracking numbers that don't come alive for days or weeks until the packages actually enter the Post Office system. In normal times one would expect my cases to arrive early December. No. As of today, TWO MONTHS after they were shipped, the latest tracking says that they are "Leaving the UK" on January 9th, and again, as of today, January the 29th, the US Post Office tracking says that they are still waiting for it.

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #11,183 of 18,013
Don´t think that Titans, Seraph or EH are shipped already

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #11,184 of 18,013
The Zenith II us VERY special as well. Along with the 2023 BC it is unique & special in the IMR arsenal
I hope the Na LE actually has the 2022 generation of driver as the slightly more 'diffuse' characteristic I think will work exceptionally well with the Sonion BC driver
Elan that actually are the inspiration for the nale had punchy driver

There is some kind of pattern... Just before shipping iems Bob makes Instagram post with them. At least this last year it worked in this way

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #11,185 of 18,013
All this discussion about the BC and Elan+ lately has made me curious. But quite frankly I've had the EDP ACE in my ears for a while now and I consider the bass to be among the best quantity AND quality that I've heard from a set of IEMs, ever. Yes, ever. The combination of sub-bass and bass texture are really just superb. Absolutely no sense of bloating or bleed into the mids. The sub-bass rumbles, but doesn't overpower the sound profile. The mids still shine through and the overall sound is very balanced. I have the Zenith 2 and Semper, but their bass creates more of an "effect" rather than a textured sound. Somehow, the ACE (with gold lower filter) seems to project a tight bass with equal sub-bass, without bleeding upwards at all. It really is something different that I haven't heard before.

I've been listening to Semper more and more lately, and I've come to realize just how close to perfection it actually is. But the bass and sub-bass in particular are average or maybe above-average when compared to the ACE. I almost feel bad for Bob with the EDP ACE that it has been treated as the red-headed stepchild of the IMR offerings. With the right filters and tips, it has a ridiculous sub-bass and bass response, full midrange, and rolled-off treble, which suits certain musical genres really, really well, but others maybe not so much. I think the fact that the ACE doesn't excel in the most popular genres tends to detract from its strengths and folks are quick to dismiss its strong qualities. For my ears, though, I feel that it suits my preferences pretty well and I find myself listening to them more often than not. Yes, they are far from perfect, but when the discussion turns to bass and sub-bass quantity and quality, then the ACE needs to be in the discussion. I just love the impact and quality I get from this set. Really well done by Bob.
I have had many IMR IEMs in the past and have always been pleased by them. The only exception to my ears was Ace. My expectations from them were very high since the drivers configuration was close to Rah that I loved so much. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed by them. I understand the idea of having all frequencies at more or less the same level, but this took out the IMR musicality that we have with all other IMR IEMs. Probably what I didn't like the most is the very narrow soundstage. I could even say that the sound was 'congested' at least compared to other sets that I had. My Avalon are also mid-centric IEM but it has that sparkling in the top end without sacrificing the bass. I found myself never listening to Ace because of all these reasons. I couldn't find a genre where Ace is better or even as good as Avalon, Zenith II or Ozar. That's why I sold them, as did many other Ace owners

Jan 30, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #11,186 of 18,013
The Ace is definitely an odd duck. It took a long time for it to stabilize, easily 500 or 600 hours. I suspect that most people did not wait that long for the performance to come around for them.

They seem to be fairly tip sensitive, and I'm lucky I found some tips that suit me. I'm a huge fan of the gold lower filter with green or red upper. Many folks try to make the black or blue work, but they just don't really suit the Ace. Also, I'm using a desktop amp and an R2R DAC, so maybe that helps? All I know is that they have become my go-to for daily listening, definitely more than the Zii. The Ace has a more balanced frequency response and a more evenly shaped soundstage. It might be slightly narrower than Zii, but to me it's clearer and just more enjoyable to listen to.

One other thing that comes to mind is that I've found that the Ace wants to be "mellow" in its sound signature and presentation. I think if folks are trying to get it to sound V-shaped or "sparkly up top", they're in for a big disappointment. Initially I thought that the planar would tend to make the Ace sound more brittle and shimmery, but it doesn't. As I said, it sounds best when its tuned to be mellow. Tips, filters, and even musical selection. It's not an "edgy" IEM. Trying to use bright filters or using tips that accentuate the bass just won't work.

But whatever you prefer, stick with it. If it's not the Ace, then so be it. I'm always glad when people find the IEM or headphones that best suit them. If everyone had the same ears, there would be a lot fewer options on the market!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #11,190 of 18,013
Just been A/B..ing the Zenith II to the IMR 2023 Bass Cannon. I :hearts: the Zenith II, but I :hearts::hearts::hearts: the Bass Cannon. In every respect it is IMHO far better. Clearer, cleaner more present midrange, better bass and treble. The Zenith II is dull in comparison, yet I still love my Zenith II. The 2023 Bass Cannon is an evolution and defines IMR house sound. :hearts::hearts::hearts: it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back