• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 7, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #10,246 of 18,520
Assuming that better late than never, here is my video about EDP Ace

Hope everything is going well with you! Enjoyed the review. Thanks!

Nov 7, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #10,247 of 18,520
Assuming that better late than never, here is my video about EDP Ace

Nice review l, hope your situation with the war improves soon. Sending hope and best wishes

Nov 7, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #10,248 of 18,520
IMR IEMs definitely separate themselves from the rest of the pack. All of the IMR offerings that I've listened to are acoustically superior to anything else anywhere near their price range, and far above. There's just something about the tonality and sonic "experience" that leaves the competition sounding flat, lifeless, and one-dimensional by comparison. I don't really know how else to describe it. Each one of IMR's offerings has a distinct character to it that other manufacturers can't seem to capture.
I would like to respectfully disagree here. Yes, they do BAAASSSS very very well (as @AlexCBSN pointed out), may be even better than others in the same price class, but in the rest of the aspects there are actually other iems that pull comfortably ahead. Take for eg., Splash Of Red - It was a very good iem for the price. But a slightly costlier Penon Vortex trumps it in terms of treble presence, midrange and treble textures, note definitions, etc. Elan is a master of imaging, but in case of overall spaciousness, LOAK-T(CL) took the cake. Dark Matter is fabulous in bass representation and midrange note definition, but the Sennheiser IE600 and LOAK-T(CL) have the upper hand in transparency, treble details, and spaciousness.

I am, in no way, trying to denounce IMR iems. I have two of them and I love them for what they excel in. However, there are other iems in similar price brackets that the IMR iems cannot beat in certain aspects, while certainly outperforming them in other aspects. To me, IMR is another brand that makes very good iems in respective price brackets. But they are not giant killers, or do not punch well above the price bracket. It's true, IMR iems have a distinct character that other manufacutrers cannot seem to capture, just as other manufacturers also have their own characteristics that IMR does not seem to emulate.

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #10,250 of 18,520
Nov 8, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #10,252 of 18,520
There's just something about the tonality and sonic "experience" that leaves the competition sounding flat, lifeless, and one-dimensional by comparison. I don't really know how else to describe it.
I believe it's the combination of solid bass performance and care for tone-weight of the midrange region done in a balanced manner without passing the threshold of congestion in presentation. The overall treble presence in the IMR IEMs I've listened to is according to a laid-back non harsh-sounding philosophy.
Dark Matter is fabulous in bass representation and midrange note definition, but the Sennheiser IE600 and LOAK-T(CL) have the upper hand in transparency, treble details, and spaciousness.
This is why a Sennheiser IEM eg sounds more spacious and detailed. Better extension in higher treble and wider soundstage. But this comes at a cost, which IMRs avoid: thin and hollow sounding in comparison.
It is of course a matter of individual preference. Personally, as much I enjoy my Sennheiser IE 400 pro, I turn to IMR lately for serious listening.

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #10,253 of 18,520
1667980219779.png

Nov 9, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #10,254 of 18,520
Well, maybe people will see their orders for Christmas. Those will be nice things to enjoy during the holiday season.

Nov 9, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #10,255 of 18,520
Tips recommendation I just bought the sennheiser IE 600 the included tips were woeful, so I ordered some final audio Clear type E tips (XL) which were amazing so I popped a set on the IMR Knight, which I have a modified filter, black bottomed, green top with the filter sponge from the gold top added sideways on the sponge already in the green filter. I highly recommend anyone who has the Knight to try this with the final E tips it's sound superb.

Nov 9, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #10,256 of 18,520
Howz it go it going Ace Bee been a while. I noticed your using the Celest Gumiho how are you finding it? Iv had my finger on the trigger since it came cos Ii had fit issues MR Ace so haven't got a planar! How is it in general? Sound,technicalities,build fit ect
I was also looking at the Dunu Talos which also has a planar & BA but is 4 times the price which is a hard blind buy! Seeing as the Gumiho is only $50 it's not to bad! I'm mostly intrested in the bass, technicalities & overall timbre to be honest and if it exhibits any of the negative BA timbre?
Thanks in advance for your impressions/help and take it ex my friend👍

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #10,257 of 18,520
Tips recommendation I just bought the sennheiser IE 600 the included tips were woeful, so I ordered some final audio Clear type E tips (XL) which were amazing so I popped a set on the IMR Knight, which I have a modified filter, black bottomed, green top with the filter sponge from the gold top added sideways on the sponge already in the green filter. I highly recommend anyone who has the Knight to try this with the final E tips it's sound superb.
I love Final E on my Z1R and Monarch MKII

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #10,259 of 18,520
Howz it go it going Ace Bee been a while. I noticed your using the Celest Gumiho how are you finding it? Iv had my finger on the trigger since it came cos Ii had fit issues MR Ace so haven't got a planar! How is it in general? Sound,technicalities,build fit ect
I was also looking at the Dunu Talos which also has a planar & BA but is 4 times the price which is a hard blind buy! Seeing as the Gumiho is only $50 it's not to bad! I'm mostly intrested in the bass, technicalities & overall timbre to be honest and if it exhibits any of the negative BA timbre?
Thanks in advance for your impressions/help and take it ex my friend👍
Thank you. You have pushed me to write down my very first impression of Gumiho that I have been meaning to write for some days and yet never really got around to it. However, here I have penned down my initial impression of it:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17234905

Have a read, and have a wonderful life ahead. Celest Gumiho is my default recommendation for the perfect EDC iem.

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #10,260 of 18,520
Is anyone able to access/apply the loyalty discount on the new batch of IMRs now? I'm in a position to buy the Titan now but the discount is not applying with any of my prior loyalty codes or the original invite password.
Titan had a separate discount code, I believe, and it was time-limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back