Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 10, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #10,276 of 18,115
Nov 11, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #10,277 of 18,115
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #10,279 of 18,115
I did for the edp ace and i think its worth the new £500 price not the original price
For me it's vice versa. The Zii should be 500£ but we all have different taste and that is good so. 😉

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #10,280 of 18,115
Not sure if this is the right place, anyone got a PDF of the manual for IMR products? I've got the ozar but will take anything, really, mostly just wanna make sure im not gonna break it swapping the filters, theyre so small.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #10,281 of 18,115
Not sure if this is the right place, anyone got a PDF of the manual for IMR products? I've got the ozar but will take anything, really, mostly just wanna make sure im not gonna break it swapping the filters, theyre so small.
Can you state exactly what is your requirement? There are no procedure of swapping the filters written in the manuals that are provided alongwith.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #10,282 of 18,115
The filters are easy to use just be careful not to cross thread I find it easier the choose a bottom filter screw it on to the iem then experiment with the top filters by changing them to suit my preferences a good starting point is black bottom red top

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #10,283 of 18,115
Can you state exactly what is your requirement? There are no procedure of swapping the filters written in the manuals that are provided alongwith.
Honestly just worried about breaking em, really. If it is that simple then I shouldn't need it, though if theres a list somewhere of what each of the filters and bases does that would be good too, I know I can just test them all but theres *so many combinations* that I'd rather have a helping hand.

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #10,284 of 18,115
Honestly just worried about breaking em, really. If it is that simple then I shouldn't need it, though if theres a list somewhere of what each of the filters and bases does that would be good too, I know I can just test them all but theres *so many combinations* that I'd rather have a helping hand.
Quick pics of info from booklet

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_142533.jpg
    IMG_20221111_142533.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221111_142538.jpg
    IMG_20221111_142538.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221111_142548.jpg
    IMG_20221111_142548.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221111_142558.jpg
    IMG_20221111_142558.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 11, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #10,285 of 18,115
This should help although please note its more about the synergy / relationship between the filters and your Source but this is roughly how they work:

(Once you are happy with cable + tips) )Suggest starting with the level of bass that you are happy with ans THEN try different upper treble filters to tweak the mids / highs to your preference

Nozzle and bass quantity:

[Least amount of bass] - Green – silver – pink – red – grey – gold – blue - black - [Most amount of bass]

Filter and treble quantity:

[Least amount of treble] - Gold – green – pink – red – black - blue - [Most amount of treble]

You can further tweak bass response [mainly] by using different tips or different material cable. The IMR cable are high quality single crystal copper :)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #10,286 of 18,115
Quick pics of info from booklet
This should help although please note its more about the synergy / relationship between the filters and your Source but this is roughly how they work:

Nozzle and bass quantity:

Green – silver – pink – red – grey – gold – blue - black

Filter and treble quantity:

Gold – green – pink – red – black - blue​
Thank you! This helps a whole lot!
I gotta find the right combo, but knowing what is suppose to do what is definitely what I want. Like I've been on all blues and think the treble is a bit much, so I know that the next one to try is black, rather than just going through em one by one.

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #10,287 of 18,115
Thank you! This helps a whole lot!
I gotta find the right combo, but knowing what is suppose to do what is definitely what I want. Like I've been on all blues and think the treble is a bit much, so I know that the next one to try is black, rather than just going through em one by one.

When changing the filters I usually use a spare tip to grip the filter and twist off
Whenever I find treble a bit much I usually find the gold upper filter is my go to

Also - IMR' IEM's need a minimum of 300 hours burn - Ideally 5-600 hours in total !
This process allows them to fully settle into their best. They can end up sounding very different from out of the box
Totally up to the individual of course but leaving them running with some good dynamic music, just louder than normal listening levels for this time will allow the IEM to present its very best self :)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #10,288 of 18,115
When changing the filters I usually use a spare tip to grip the filter and twist off
Whenever I find treble a bit much I usually find the gold upper filter is my go to
I'm quite liking blue base red tip at the moment, but it's cool that there's so much customisability, definitely impressed with the sound

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #10,289 of 18,115
I'm quite liking blue base red tip at the moment, but it's cool that there's so much customisability, definitely impressed with the sound
Nice :D We tend to forget how much or how important the source is you use to effect the sound. Listening from a phone versus listening from a high end desktop amp is of course going to give you quite a different experience but... if your IEM makes you smile when using it then that is the most important measure of all

Anyway, welcome to the IMR thread community. One of the nicest, helpyest, genuine threads out there

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #10,290 of 18,115
Nice :D We tend to forget how much or how important the source is you use to effect the sound. Listening from a phone versus listening from a high end desktop amp is of course going to give you quite a different experience but... if your IEM makes you smile when using it then that is the most important measure of all

Anyway, welcome to the IMR thread community. One of the nicest, helpyest, genuine threads out there
You've certainly been that way so far! Still not sure if IEMs are what I want, getting the fit right is a pain in the ass but when it's perfect the sound is stellar~ Almost beats my audeze, if only they'd stop pushing themselves out of my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back