• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 9, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #10,261 of 18,240
E.T S (or whatever it was called!)

Im curious - If we had a say in how Bob designed and tuned some extra tuning filters what would you request?
I was thinking about it and at face value I thought it would be easy but . . . maybe not?
I could never quite get a natural enough sound for my original EDP. I talked to Bob about it in depth and he sent me a one piece orange coloured filter - it magically sorted everything out and all the slightly un natural weirdness disappeared !

For this reason I was excited to know what the new ETS filters would offer. For me they mostly seemed to calm down or attenuate aspects of the frequency range. Not a bad thing by any means but not perhaps ideal for the Dark Matter?

Anyway...over my long journey of IMR's Ive usually found I would like:
A lower filter that was in between one and another - for example - in between Black and grey or
an upper filter that softened the treble is quite specific frequency ranges whilst say, not affecting the mids

But then as I thought more I realized I am looking for filter to give me the the best of everything but in the most natural true-to-life sound as possible. In this regard I would say that that largely depends on the original tuning rather than being able to tweak to the sound to do that.
Also, people who are more 'Hi-Fi' minded than 'Audiophile' minded might simply want more 'bass' or more or less treble / mids.

Also the problem with extra filters is that you are always tunng for your specific hearing / set up / preferences

Another idea I had would be (at least for upper treble/mid filters) would be to simply use different materials inside them.
If you had 10 sheets of different micro density of acoustical foams you could cut small sections out and add different types yourself to them.

Tuning aside it seems the width of the inside of the lower []BASS] filters and small holes in the filter effect the amount of bass
As IMR seems to excel at tuning the low end maybe there is less 'need' to look into this?

Having said that its often the combination of many different aspects that results in the final sound, not so much a base line of one thing and then simply raising or lowering the amount of another frequency.
Its also worth considering my thoughts just revolve around slightly tweaking an existing sound signature / tuning.
There can be a fine line between tweaking a small part of the sound of an IEM or just facing the fact that you dont like it / the tuning doesn't suit you / the tuning doesn't have great synergy with your system

Anyway, just thought it was interesting trying to figure out what i would do or suggest if the option for additional filters was ever there :)

Nov 9, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #10,262 of 18,240
E.T S (or whatever it was called!)

Im curious - If we had a say in how Bob designed and tuned some extra tuning filters what would you request?
I was thinking about it and at face value I thought it would be easy but . . . maybe not?
I could never quite get a natural enough sound for my original EDP. I talked to Bob about it in depth and he sent me a one piece orange coloured filter - it magically sorted everything out and all the slightly un natural weirdness disappeared !

For this reason I was excited to know what the new ETS filters would offer. For me they mostly seemed to calm down or attenuate aspects of the frequency range. Not a bad thing by any means but not perhaps ideal for the Dark Matter?

Anyway...over my long journey of IMR's Ive usually found I would like:
A lower filter that was in between one and another - for example - in between Black and grey or
an upper filter that softened the treble is quite specific frequency ranges whilst say, not affecting the mids

But then as I thought more I realized I am looking for filter to give me the the best of everything but in the most natural true-to-life sound as possible. In this regard I would say that that largely depends on the original tuning rather than being able to tweak to the sound to do that.
Also, people who are more 'Hi-Fi' minded than 'Audiophile' minded might simply want more 'bass' or more or less treble / mids.

Also the problem with extra filters is that you are always tunng for your specific hearing / set up / preferences

Another idea I had would be (at least for upper treble/mid filters) would be to simply use different materials inside them.
If you had 10 sheets of different micro density of acoustical foams you could cut small sections out and add different types yourself to them.

Tuning aside it seems the width of the inside of the lower []BASS] filters and small holes in the filter effect the amount of bass
As IMR seems to excel at tuning the low end maybe there is less 'need' to look into this?

Having said that its often the combination of many different aspects that results in the final sound, not so much a base line of one thing and then simply raising or lowering the amount of another frequency.
Its also worth considering my thoughts just revolve around slightly tweaking an existing sound signature / tuning.
There can be a fine line between tweaking a small part of the sound of an IEM or just facing the fact that you dont like it / the tuning doesn't suit you / the tuning doesn't have great synergy with your system

Anyway, just thought it was interesting trying to figure out what i would do or suggest if the option for additional filters was ever there :)
The difference made by adding an extra piece of acoustic foam and a change of tips has made to the Knight really makes you think of the potential of tuning IMR iems

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #10,263 of 18,240
Is anyone able to access/apply the loyalty discount on the new batch of IMRs now? I'm in a position to buy the Titan now but the discount is not applying with any of my prior loyalty codes or the original invite password.
There is one that gives 20% discount
If you are subscribed to IMR email list check them out for discount codes. This one were sent a few months ago.
1668081627486.png

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #10,265 of 18,240
Not yet.

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #10,266 of 18,240
Is anyone able to access/apply the loyalty discount on the new batch of IMRs now? I'm in a position to buy the Titan now but the discount is not applying with any of my prior loyalty codes or the original invite password.
I think the Titan already includes the 30% discount.

Nov 10, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #10,269 of 18,240
Bizarrely my code from January no longer works at all - even for 20%. I'm not aware of any new codes since then but might have missed something. Hopefully some Titans make their way onto the 2nd hand market or B-Stock.
Write Bob and ask what your options are..... and then keep his answer to you, to yourself. You know, there was a discussion a few pages back about the depreciating value of selling all used audio gear and especially IMR gear. The constant posting of sales pages, discount levels (which are called loyalty codes for a reason) is what cannibalizes your own market. I've bought and sold more than a few IMR units and I haven't lost money on any of them. I am loyal customer who is able to buy with a code given to me because I am loyal customer. By the time I'm ready to sell, if I decide to sell, there is a FAIR retail price which is above what I was able to acquire pre pre-production loyalty incentive at and so I'm able to sell below official retail and pass on a good deal to the buyer and at the very least break even. But the constant posting of loyalty levels ruins the authenticity of the actual retails price and decimates the resale market for yourselves. So, I really suggest you cut it out. Leave the loyalty level between you and the one who gifted you with it; and if in doubt, write to Bob. Just my 3 cents which could save you a few bucks in the months ahead.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #10,270 of 18,240
On that subject: has anyone ever paid the listed price for IMR?

Nov 10, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #10,272 of 18,240
Nov 10, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #10,273 of 18,240
Nov 10, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #10,275 of 18,240

Users who are viewing this thread

Back