Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 5, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #4,381 of 18,501
Thanx everyone that's great news because we in the UK have to add 22% V.A.T now so the loyalty discount helps massively👍

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #4,382 of 18,501
For me, there is no-one else who is making such incredible well tuned IEMs AND at a price that is affordable with such great customer service.
Also if like me you very much enjoy and listen to audio as well as music and really appreciate the different flavours and textures and other technical abilities that different drivers bring to different musics then the diversity of what Bob offers is a god send, so its not a case of just adding to a collection but more being incredibly fortunate to be able to own different performing IEMs
For an rough analogy for example - my semper is like a TOTL tube amp where as the SOG is like a TOTL solid state sounding amp - Many qualities shared but a quite different presentation of music

I think Ive owned about 15 or so IMR's 2 of which now I will not be selling, One end game and one for 'travelling'
Reason for buying so many is that they are ALL THAT good.
All the others that I sold were simply not 'perfect' (with my set up) It was usually something quite subtle like the SOR which I LOVED for the detail retrieval, 3D imaging and so on BUT there wasn't quite enough low end for my set up - So I REALLY appreciated the SOR but it wasn't perfect (for me)

Its a strange thing to be able to say I own 2 IEMs that are 'perfect' - NEVER thought I ever see the day when that would happen but i genuinely think that the Semper's and the RED2 are simply perfect

Another point that just occured - Ive been buying IEMs from Bob since Trinity audio so Ive been sort off with him throughout his development and have shared in his development over a fair few years now which has been a privilege and super interesting. Ive learned a lot and feel fortunate to have heard so many different sound signatures and the unique qualities of so many different types of driver
AMEN

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #4,383 of 18,501
Its a strange thing to be able to say I own 2 IEMs that are 'perfect' - NEVER thought I ever see the day when that would happen but i genuinely think that the Semper's and the RED2 are simply perfect

The RED2 is the first thing I ever saw from IMR, on Drop/Massdrop. Unfortunately I never had an opportunity to get them, but have only heard good things. Like you, seems like those who have the RED2 aren't letting go of it.

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #4,384 of 18,501
Check the email Bob sent out yesterday, he did state the loyalty discount.

Hmm, I don't seem to have an IMR email yesterday...or this week. Guess he was announcing the two items?

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #4,385 of 18,501
Hmm, I don't seem to have an IMR email yesterday...or this week. Guess he was announcing the two items?
check spam? email is titled 'Happy New Year - Avalon and Dark matter update'

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #4,386 of 18,501
The RED2 is the first thing I ever saw from IMR, on Drop/Massdrop. Unfortunately I never had an opportunity to get them, but have only heard good things. Like you, seems like those who have the RED2 aren't letting go of it.

I think the RED2 is special in the way a classic car (im not good at cars - but Aston Martin? ) is special for example
where as some of his other great IEMs are like top of the range Mercedes or Range Rover's - new, exciting, brilliant but not 'classic'

To put it another way I just think its that he perfected the tuning on that particular model in general but specifically off the ceramic tweeter and he got the absolute best performance out of the Aten driver and then managed to balance them both together perfectly. Its the balance of everything that is so good. Spectacular and yet SO good you don't notice it per-se because the music just becomes a part of you.
Many IEM's try to dazzle but so so few manage to get it right where your listening mind and the music happily merge

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #4,387 of 18,501
I cannot remember the configuration of RED2 and its driving me mad! Was it Aten4 & Peizo Ceramic?

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #4,388 of 18,501
I cannot remember the configuration of RED2 and its driving me mad! Was it Aten4 & Peizo Ceramic?
Ive been documenting the details of all the IMRs for this very reason !! :)

The R2 Red offers a isolated version of the R2 Aten chassis with a new Aten driver designed to work exclusively with the closed design.
Designed to offer the IMR house sound for the more budget conscious while retaining all the qualities you have come to love in a IMR product.
Utilising a high resolution piezo ceramic driver combined with an all new 13.5mm composite dynamic driver with uprated neodymium motors for a huge soundstage and precise instrument placement and with a FR from 10-45000Hz.
The R2 Red includes the Aten single crystal oxygen free copper braided cable.

Fully customisable via the all new interchangeable acoustics nozzles and dampers to give you a multitude of settings for your perfect sound signature. These acoustic nozzles allow you to alter every aspect of the sound from the treble, midrange and bass.

Specification

Bespoke 13.5mm Aten driver featuring uprated Neodymium motors with composite diaphragm + high resolution Piezo ceramic driver

5 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers
2 Pin detachable cable (3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced)
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Sensitivity: 105 +/- 3DB
Frequency response: 10 - 45000Hz
24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
1.4M length OFC cable
Hard Case
6.5mm Adapter
Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #4,389 of 18,501
Ive been documenting the details of all the IMRs for this very reason !! :)

The R2 Red offers a isolated version of the R2 Aten chassis with a new Aten driver designed to work exclusively with the closed design.
Designed to offer the IMR house sound for the more budget conscious while retaining all the qualities you have come to love in a IMR product.
Utilising a high resolution piezo ceramic driver combined with an all new 13.5mm composite dynamic driver with uprated neodymium motors for a huge soundstage and precise instrument placement and with a FR from 10-45000Hz.
The R2 Red includes the Aten single crystal oxygen free copper braided cable.

Fully customisable via the all new interchangeable acoustics nozzles and dampers to give you a multitude of settings for your perfect sound signature. These acoustic nozzles allow you to alter every aspect of the sound from the treble, midrange and bass.

Specification

Bespoke 13.5mm Aten driver featuring uprated Neodymium motors with composite diaphragm + high resolution Piezo ceramic driver

5 acoustic audio nozzles + 6 acoustic dampers
2 Pin detachable cable (3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced)
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Sensitivity: 105 +/- 3DB
Frequency response: 10 - 45000Hz
24ct Gold plated 3.5mm Jack
1.4M length OFC cable
Hard Case
6.5mm Adapter
Huge selection of ear tips for the perfect fit
YES i remember now, i had the Aten R2 for a long time but sold it once i got B.C.
For me Opus Mia is my favorite for sound BUT have fit issues and can only where them at home! I would have loved to have got the same configuration with the StingRay for out & about but i purchased the UM MEST MK2 before it was announced and could never EVER justifie owning two K1 IEM'S!

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #4,390 of 18,501
its not just you my friend i havnt Recieved the email either which is strange because i recieved a personal email from Bob no more than 30mins ago!

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #4,391 of 18,501
Very interesting just now comparing the Aten/ceramic RED2 with the newer ADLC-CNT Splash of Gold
Difficult to explain the difference / upgrade but...
Using the car analogy
Listening to RED2 is like being inside and driving a dirty TOTL Mercedes - A very nice comfortable yet powerful experience
but listening the SOG is like taking your Mercedes for a professional clean
Having a cup of coffee and coming back and looking at the newly cleaned Mercedes is like the experience f how the SOG sounds in comparison
same car but you can really appreciate the sparkle clean-ness
The car is the same but the joy of the feeling of simply driving it and the joy of beholding it from the outside is a good as way of explaining the difference as I can think off !! :D

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #4,392 of 18,501
YES i remember now, i had the Aten R2 for a long time but sold it once i got B.C.
For me Opus Mia is my favorite for sound BUT have fit issues and can only where them at home! I would have loved to have got the same configuration with the StingRay for out & about but i purchased the UM MEST MK2 before it was announced and could never EVER justifie owning two K1 IEM'S!

The Opus is an all time favourite for me as well - LOVE it
I only ever use NewBee foam tips now so I no longer EVER have fit issues as the foam holds the iem in the ear no matter
what shape it is
The Newbee are special as well as they don't alter the sound unlike many foams / other tips so I can then focus on tweaking via filters alone
Mind you, I have a weird fit issue with my left ear - if I move my jaw I loose connection with other tips so I have no choice but to use foam. So very happy to have discovered NewBee.
I could open a museum of other tips now though :)

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #4,393 of 18,501
The Opus is an all time favourite for me as well - LOVE it
I only ever use NewBee foam tips now so I no longer EVER have fit issues as the foam holds the iem in the ear no matter
what shape it is
The Newbee are special as well as they don't alter the sound unlike many foams / other tips so I can then focus on tweaking via filters alone
Mind you, I have a weird fit issue with my left ear - if I move my jaw I loose connection with other tips so I have no choice but to use foam. So very happy to have discovered NewBee.
I could open a museum of other tips now though :)
OMG I have exactly the same issue with my left ear, i thought it was only me haha
In regards to the NewBee foams, i have a set in a little plastic box that i sometimes use with other IEM'S but i never thought of trying them with the Opus because they are quite dark/analog with fantastic bass and thought foams would spoil the Presintation! But I'm off to give it a go, thanx for the tip, pun intended. Lol

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #4,394 of 18,501
Very interesting just now comparing the Aten/ceramic RED2 with the newer ADLC-CNT Splash of Gold
Difficult to explain the difference / upgrade but...
Using the car analogy
Listening to RED2 is like being inside and driving a dirty TOTL Mercedes - A very nice comfortable yet powerful experience
but listening the SOG is like taking your Mercedes for a professional clean
Having a cup of coffee and coming back and looking at the newly cleaned Mercedes is like the experience f how the SOG sounds in comparison
same car but you can really appreciate the sparkle clean-ness
The car is the same but the joy of the feeling of simply driving it and the joy of beholding it from the outside is a good as way of explaining the difference as I can think off !! :D

That's poetry, that is. So for your ears, the SOG is a step up from RED2 ... a little cleaner.

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #4,395 of 18,501
OMG I have exactly the same issue with my left ear, i thought it was only me haha
In regards to the NewBee foams, i have a set in a little plastic box that i sometimes use with other IEM'S but i never thought of trying them with the Opus because they are quite dark/analog with fantastic bass and thought foams would spoil the Presintation! But I'm off to give it a go, thanx for the tip, pun intended. Lol

We are a couple of proper 'Ear spassers' :D
Not sure how being a 'right spasser' would translate outside of England but . . . !
Anyway - My IMR's are tweaked / tuned in relation to the tips and of course the sound signature of my players but looking forward to hearing how it works out for you, no pun intended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back