Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 31, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #4,351 of 18,128
Just got my SOG wow if this is what it sounds like before burn in its going to be amazing. Love it!! DD heaven

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #4,352 of 18,128
Just got my SOG wow if this is what it sounds like before burn in its going to be amazing. Love it!! DD heaven
Does it outclass your Timeless and FD5?

Dec 31, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #4,353 of 18,128
Does it outclass your Timeless and FD5?
I'd have to live with it for a bit longer but my instant reaction would be yes in spades the sound signature, coherence and beautiful bass response with super clear mids and treble are superb

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #4,354 of 18,128
I'd have to live with it for a bit longer but my instant reaction would be yes in spades the sound signature, coherence and beautiful bass response with super clear mids and treble are superb
Awesome. I will be waiting for more impressions from you. In the meantime, can you tell me how is the isolation on them while music is playing?

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #4,355 of 18,128
Awesome. I will be waiting for more impressions from you. In the meantime, can you tell me how is the isolation on them while music is playing?
Only tried them in my office while editing photos this afternoon so hard to say at the moment will report back when I've spent more time with them

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #4,356 of 18,128
Has anyone with the SOG got any of the Aten single DD in particular the Aten R2 & Zenith? With all these glaring impressions people are shouting about the SOG & SOR I'm really considering picking up a SOG B-Stock but really need to know if it is a substantial upgrade over Aten R2 or should i just wait for the 14.2mm CNT Zenith?

Jan 1, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #4,357 of 18,128
I have both the Aten R2 and the SOG. When I was buying the SOG Bob responded to my enquiry about the comparison to the R2 with "blows past the R2". Having got them I have to say that he was completely correct. I always liked the R2 Atens, especially for the wide soundstage, but the SOGs have them beaten in every department. Soundstage is wider, bass is cleaner, treble is more detailed, instrument placing is better and the overall sound is just more open and dynamic. I can't say if you should wait for the CNT Zenith, but I don't think you would be unhappy with the SOGs.

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #4,358 of 18,128
I have both the Aten R2 and the SOG. When I was buying the SOG Bob responded to my enquiry about the comparison to the R2 with "blows past the R2". Having got them I have to say that he was completely correct. I always liked the R2 Atens, especially for the wide soundstage, but the SOGs have them beaten in every department. Soundstage is wider, bass is cleaner, treble is more detailed, instrument placing is better and the overall sound is just more open and dynamic. I can't say if you should wait for the CNT Zenith, but I don't think you would be unhappy with the SOGs.
Thanx for your impressions it helps immensely👍 I'm so torn between the SOG and waiting for the new Zenith! I recently sold my B.C to fund buying my MEST MK2 and need an audiophile quality basshead iem? If only i knew the rough price of the new Zenith it would make my decision easier! Has anyone spoke with Bob regarding the new Zenith & "affordable" AMT Driver? has he mentioned a price point for these 2 releases and when they will be available?
Whilst on the subject about AMT drivers I'd love someone to explain the pro's & con's of this technology? Its the only IEM driver i have absolutely no idea of its sound & technicalities? If someone could explain the benefits of AMT drivers drivers bring to the table would be highly appreciated? I'm sure there are many others who would also benefit from a short discription of the this new technology?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #4,359 of 18,128
Only tried them in my office while editing photos this afternoon so hard to say at the moment will report back when I've spent more time with them
So did you have moretime to spend with them? Really waiting to hear from you how is the isolation compared to Timeless and FD5 while music is playing.

Jan 3, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #4,360 of 18,128
So did you have moretime to spend with them? Really waiting to hear from you how is the isolation compared to Timeless and FD5 while music is playing.
The isolation is pretty good I do use the IMR included large foams as I have large ear canals the FzD5 is about the same isolation the 7hz let's more ambient noise through but I am using spinfit tips on those. I prefer the overall sound signature of the SOG the FD5 does have a touch more detail though.

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #4,361 of 18,128
Anyone heard back from Bob regarding the start of shipping of Avalon and Dark Matter?

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #4,362 of 18,128
Anyone heard back from Bob regarding the start of shipping of Avalon and Dark Matter?
Check your mail. You should have received a general message from IMR.

Jan 4, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #4,363 of 18,128
In ear monitors new entries:
1641309779851.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back