Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 4, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #4,366 of 18,160
Dang! Does the Zenith II and EDP Ace trumps the SOR? Do I have to go for it now? Goddamn this is such a difficult choice! Or should I wait for another year to get these at year end discount?

Jan 4, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #4,367 of 18,160
Wonder where is the 14mm cnt adlc iem.

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #4,369 of 18,160
Wonder where is the 14mm cnt adlc iem.
Wondered the same, still i think that getting a bigger cnt adlc driver was a bit of a though game. I don't think that for such production bob can get a limited batch of drivers, my thoughts are that we have in our hands the same driver as certain campfire beast from last year. Just an idea. Still the ceramic from the aten5 was already pretty well tuned and showed some amazing control in all the areas that had to work around. Clarity was needed indeed but I couldn't believe what we got for the price. So anyways, I'm excited cause if bob pulls the sog sound with better sub bass and bass, indeed it will be my go to iem, after maybe 800hours on my og zenith I can vogue that it indeed has one low punch that's it's really something. Though I had to make custom filters, play for hours with it until I felt it was the one. I hated the 5k peak on it. It definitely screwed up the soundstage. The only thing im a bit like "argh..." It's the side knobs, they can be annoying after not using em for a while. Lately I'm spending my whole time with my Ozar and sog

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #4,370 of 18,160
Wondered the same, still i think that getting a bigger cnt adlc driver was a bit of a though game. I don't think that for such production bob can get a limited batch of drivers, my thoughts are that we have in our hands the same driver as certain campfire beast from last year. Just an idea. Still the ceramic from the aten5 was already pretty well tuned and showed some amazing control in all the areas that had to work around. Clarity was needed indeed but I couldn't believe what we got for the price. So anyways, I'm excited cause if bob pulls the sog sound with better sub bass and bass, indeed it will be my go to iem, after maybe 800hours on my og zenith I can vogue that it indeed has one low punch that's it's really something. Though I had to make custom filters, play for hours with it until I felt it was the one. I hated the 5k peak on it. It definitely screwed up the soundstage. The only thing im a bit like "argh..." It's the side knobs, they can be annoying after not using em for a while. Lately I'm spending my whole time with my Ozar and sog
What's the Mid-Bass punch & Sub-Bass rumble like on the Ozar? I sold my B.C and need a new Basshead IEM for on the go? I Absaloutly love the bass on my Opus Mia but its impossible to wear them out & about they fall out after 5mins walking! I regret SOOOO much selling the B.C and cannot afford the Dark Matter but don't really want to look elsewhere for bass cos Bob is the master when it comes to bass extension & punch!

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #4,371 of 18,160
What's the Mid-Bass punch & Sub-Bass rumble like on the Ozar? I sold my B.C and need a new Basshead IEM for on the go? I Absaloutly love the bass on my Opus Mia but its impossible to wear them out & about they fall out after 5mins walking! I regret SOOOO much selling the B.C and cannot afford the Dark Matter but don't really want to look elsewhere for bass cos Bob is the master when it comes to bass extension & punch!
Really tamed, aten5 has the upper hand definitely, I have the bc as well and even though I think it's a magnificent iem, aten5 and opus mia have the upper hand, dunno if it's the shell and the driver location.

Sog would be a better call tbh, I feel it has way better sub bass and mid bass in quantity. Ozar is more tamed and detailed

Jan 4, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #4,372 of 18,160
In ear monitors new entries:
1641309779851.png

This is a good time to ask something that has been on my mind. A couple years ago I got my first guitar...and it wasn't long before I wanted to get another. Even though I was just barely learning to play the first one, and you can only play one at a time (typically).

As it relates to guitars, this desire actually has a name: Guitar Acquisition Syndrome, or GAS.

I think there's a similar fever afflicting audiophiles and their gear. :D This year I've purchased four sets of IEMs, three of which were $200 or more. One of those was the IMR Elan, and I'm not sure I need to get anything else at this point. It has a definite "end game" feel for me, and while I suppose there probably are or will be options that are even better, I don't think I need bother (diminishing returns, opportunity costs, etc.).

So my point is: Seems a lot of y'all on this thread like to add to your collections. For example, I've seen a lot of you adding the SOR or SOG to your existing IMR line up (admittedly, SOG and SOR are modestly priced). What's your philosophy about having multiple IEMs in your collections? Is this your main hobby so you're always watching for something good to try? Or are you looking to have a "TOTL" and maybe something mid-tier as well? Maybe it comes down to different IEMs having different strengths...

I saw somewhere someone had a "one in, one out" policy, so whenever they got something new, they got rid of a previous model. Just curious how people approach this fascinating hobby...

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #4,374 of 18,160
I was just about to post this lol the 14.2mm Zenith ll was what i was holding out for instead of picking up the b-stock SOG!

I have emailed Bob and he confirmed Zenith II is indeed using 14.2mm CNT ADLC. The website is also updated to reflect that.

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #4,375 of 18,160
looks like the website info has been updated, the Zenith II is indeed the 14.2mm CNT ADLC .
WOOHOO my new Basshead!
On the negative i bloody hate those screws and now there bright red😝

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #4,376 of 18,160
Does anyone know if we will get the loyalty discount on the new Zenith ll? Bod hasn't replied to my email!

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #4,377 of 18,160
Does anyone know if we will get the loyalty discount on the new Zenith ll? Bod hasn't replied to my email!
I believe there should be. He will release more info via email when nearer ordering date i believe.

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #4,380 of 18,160
So my point is: Seems a lot of y'all on this thread like to add to your collections. For example, I've seen a lot of you adding the SOR or SOG to your existing IMR line up (admittedly, SOG and SOR are modestly priced). What's your philosophy about having multiple IEMs in your collections? Is this your main hobby so you're always watching for something good to try? Or are you looking to have a "TOTL" and maybe something mid-tier as well? Maybe it comes down to different IEMs having different strengths...

I saw somewhere someone had a "one in, one out" policy, so whenever they got something new, they got rid of a previous model. Just curious how people approach this fascinating hobby...

For me, there is no-one else who is making such incredible well tuned IEMs AND at a price that is affordable with such great customer service.
Also if like me you very much enjoy and listen to audio as well as music and really appreciate the different flavours and textures and other technical abilities that different drivers bring to different musics then the diversity of what Bob offers is a god send, so its not a case of just adding to a collection but more being incredibly fortunate to be able to own different performing IEMs
For an rough analogy for example - my semper is like a TOTL tube amp where as the SOG is like a TOTL solid state sounding amp - Many qualities shared but a quite different presentation of music

I think Ive owned about 15 or so IMR's 2 of which now I will not be selling, One end game and one for 'travelling'
Reason for buying so many is that they are ALL THAT good.
All the others that I sold were simply not 'perfect' (with my set up) It was usually something quite subtle like the SOR which I LOVED for the detail retrieval, 3D imaging and so on BUT there wasn't quite enough low end for my set up - So I REALLY appreciated the SOR but it wasn't perfect (for me)

Its a strange thing to be able to say I own 2 IEMs that are 'perfect' - NEVER thought I ever see the day when that would happen but i genuinely think that the Semper's and the RED2 are simply perfect

Another point that just occured - Ive been buying IEMs from Bob since Trinity audio so Ive been sort off with him throughout his development and have shared in his development over a fair few years now which has been a privilege and super interesting. Ive learned a lot and feel fortunate to have heard so many different sound signatures and the unique qualities of so many different types of driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back