Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 2, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #3,828 of 18,011
Hello everybody. Is there any general discount for buyers? I would like to try them for the first time, and perhaps start with pre-owned. By the way, does anyone know what exactly the status means Pre Owned? Is this a buyer return?

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #3,829 of 18,011
Hello everybody. Is there any general discount for buyers? I would like to try them for the first time, and perhaps start with pre-owned. By the way, does anyone know what exactly the status means Pre Owned? Is this a buyer return?
Hi, just drop Bob an email and open a conversation with him.

Info@Imracoustics.com

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #3,830 of 18,011
It goes like this
New=Brand New Item in perfect un-used Condition.
B-Stock=Item "Like-New" but with slight imperfections ie.Blemishes in Paint.ect..
Pre-Owned=Customer Return which has been fully checked and in perfect working order.
Hope this helps?

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #3,833 of 18,011
Guys, was anywhere mentioned if DM/Avalon shells size/dimensions similar or the same as Halcyon or RAH shells?
Definitely looks deeper/thicker than Rah. Dont know if Halyon was bigger than Rah though.

I cant imagine getting 2 BCs, 11mm DD and e-stats fitting into Rah shell.

While were at it. What is a general consensus regarding fit of the newer (Semper) vs the older Rah/Halcyon shells?

Which one you all found better fit in general?

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #3,834 of 18,011
Definitely looks deeper/thicker than Rah. Dont know if Halyon was bigger than Rah though.

While were at it. What is a general consensus regarding fit of the newer (Semper) vs the older Rah/Halcyon shells?

The Semper shell is heavy and extremely deep which subjects it to cable pull. I have to draw the cable cinch up to my chin to counter it (it’s dorky). The fit with the Halcyon and Rah was easier.
The depth of the Dark Matter/Avalon shells concerns me to be fair, they are much thicker than the Elan/Ozar.
Edit: also the font on the earpieces… I don’t like it.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #3,836 of 18,011
Guys, was anywhere mentioned if DM/Avalon shells size/dimensions similar or the same as Halcyon or RAH shells?
I asked Bob whether the Avalon was more closer in size to the Rah or Elan. He mentions that it is closer to the Elan. I'm quite happy with the Elan size and fit so will try the Avalon.
The Rah actually fits me well, but sticks out more than I like it to.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #3,837 of 18,011
I asked Bob whether the Avalon was more closer in size to the Rah or Elan. He mentions that it is closer to the Elan. I'm quite happy with the Elan size and fit so will try the Avalon.
The Rah actually fits me well, but sticks out more than I like it to.
Thanks, RAH also fits my ears well, so, you helped me to make my decision :)

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #3,838 of 18,011
The Semper shell is heavy and extremely deep which subjects it to cable pull. I have to draw the cable cinch up to my chin to counter it (it’s dorky).
Do you mean deep as in having deep insertion in the ear canal or deep as in wide to accommodate all the drivers inside?

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #3,839 of 18,011
I think the first 50 were the orders that are coming with wonderous gifts

After Bob's email a few hours ago (about an additional 50 Avalon slots) I thought I would double check with him on whether Dark Matter also got the experimental tuning nozzles and goodies. His reply:

"The first 50 Avalon and 50 dark matter will get the experimental system, stickers, numbered card and message from me as well as some other goodies"

Now even happier I ordered both within the first 50 slots!

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,840 of 18,011

I have no fit issues with any IMR products, I have R1 Zenith, Rah, PB One, Aten R2 Red, and Semper. Out of all of them, the Semper does stick out the most and is the heaviest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back