Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #3,841 of 18,011
Definitely looks deeper/thicker than Rah. Dont know if Halyon was bigger than Rah though.

I cant imagine getting 2 BCs, 11mm DD and e-stats fitting into Rah shell.

While were at it. What is a general consensus regarding fit of the newer (Semper) vs the older Rah/Halcyon shells?

Which one you all found better fit in general?
Probably Halcyon and RAH. Semper has a good fit without any tip - so, i selected the most 'smallest' to get perfect insert and fit: Radius Deep Mount Earpieces

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #3,842 of 18,011
Do you mean deep as in having deep insertion in the ear canal or deep as in wide to accommodate all the drivers inside?
I meant protruding, insertion is never particularly deep for me with IMR. Anyway my ear canals are on the larger side but don’t take kindly to double+ flange.

Sep 6, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #3,844 of 18,011
Iv heard some people say they have sold their MEST MK2 and got either Astra/Elysium? I would LOVE to hear some thoughts from a user who has made the switch and how they compare?
Its just EVERY review & comments iv come across pretty much say MEST MK2 is the "Perfect" iem and is End Game in every sense! I just want to know why someone would be "wanting" more if this is the case? Iv nearly saved enough to get the Avalon to go with my Opus Mia,B.C,R2 BUT am wondering if i should just keep saving for another 6 months buy MEST MK2 and be done with it!? Going by what we all know & love about Bobs work and in particular Astra/Elysium i have one question(which needs a bit of Psychic power)
How will Avalon compare to MEST MK2?

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #3,845 of 18,011
Iv heard some people say they have sold their MEST MK2 and got either Astra/Elysium? I would LOVE to hear some thoughts from a user who has made the switch and how they compare?
Its just EVERY review & comments iv come across pretty much say MEST MK2 is the "Perfect" iem and is End Game in every sense! I just want to know why someone would be "wanting" more if this is the case? Iv nearly saved enough to get the Avalon to go with my Opus Mia,B.C,R2 BUT am wondering if i should just keep saving for another 6 months buy MEST MK2 and be done with it!? Going by what we all know & love about Bobs work and in particular Astra/Elysium i have one question(which needs a bit of Psychic power)
Yeh Mest mkII really is exceptional. Its a very well tuned iem with insane technicalities for its price. So it will be interesting to see if Avalon beats it.
I think Avalon will be more colored one way or another. Mest is fairly balanced with a slight bass boost which is well executed. I honestly like Mest more then my beloved LX at this point.
But i am hoping Evo will merge best of both.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #3,846 of 18,011
I also owned the MEST and now have the LX and I prefer the MEST, but I liked Opus Mia more than both of them. So it's a matter of taste too. Now I hope Avalon comes on top of all of them.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #3,847 of 18,011
The Astra is quite close to the MEST MK2, but for some reason the Astra has a slight more open field feeling (I'm trying to put it in words...) Still I think both are quite awesome in their own right! We will have to wait for the Avalon to also compare. I still keep the MEST MK2, however I do gravitate to the ASTRA...

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #3,848 of 18,011
The Astra is quite close to the MEST MK2, but for some reason the Astra has a slight more open field feeling (I'm trying to put it in words...) Still I think both are quite awesome in their own right! We will have to wait for the Avalon to also compare. I still keep the MEST MK2, however I do gravitate to the ASTRA...
Well if astra has a bigger stage, its really impressive. Mest is not maybe the widest but the depth and height along with excellent imaging makes it very holographic. Regardless cant wait to see what Avalon will bring.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #3,849 of 18,011
Well if astra has a bigger stage, its really impressive. Mest is not maybe the widest but the depth and height along with excellent imaging makes it very holographic. Regardless cant wait to see what Avalon will bring.
I agree mest mk2 has a unique sense if holographic stage which makes it very much awesome to listen to
Had a chance to hear IMR ozar man its so impressive wow !!!

Sep 7, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #3,850 of 18,011
I agree mest mk2 has a unique sense if holographic stage which makes it very much awesome to listen to
Had a chance to hear IMR ozar man its so impressive wow !!!
Yeh i cant to see how much IMR has achieved since Rah. It must be a massive leap.

Do you get to see the Fr graphs before release? Interested checking on how Avalon was tuned.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #3,852 of 18,011
I Can Resist No Longer. My Next Upgrade is in the making. Astras are unbelieveably good so I'm jumping to the Avalon and therefore A Pristine (and lovingly burned-in) Set of Astras are available. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #3,853 of 18,011
I Can Resist No Longer. My Next Upgrade is in the making. Astras are unbelieveably good so I'm jumping to the Avalon and therefore A Pristine (and lovingly burned-in) Set of Astras are available. PM me if interested.
Ha...

That "star field" bit in description and 2 BCs per side sold it to me instantly.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #3,855 of 18,011
Are there any other reviews on Melius, Astra, Elysium? I only found from PortaFi.
Myself and holsen have owned the Astra - You can ask any questions you might have :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back