• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #3,661 of 17,972
@holsen Maybe the fit lab can....

@jon parker What is this filter you speak of?
Yeah, Im trying to find a pic I took off it!
Oh by the way, I have yet to listen to your latest uploads - just starting holiday today after finishing some 5 month long projects so I have some time now :)

@holsen - My point being that there is a stunning & perfect IEM in the Astra - you just need to find the way to her heart!

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #3,662 of 17,972
„ If Bob cant get it right, no one can.“…….. What?
Ok, you love IMR. I get it, but there is still STAX.
Don‘t have this problems with my SR-003. Others can their jobb too.
Yeah, OK but you cant compare a miniturized electrostatic with inbuilt amplifier against a Stax unit that requires it's own 5 pin external amplifier. Very Different animals. None-the-less, no offence intended. And yes, I am an IMR fan but I'm no one's fanboy....

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #3,663 of 17,972
Bobs magic filters !!
Don't know if these pics really reveal or tell you much but this be them :)

bobs magic.jpg

bobs magic 2.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3,664 of 17,972
Yeah, Im trying to find a pic I took off it!
Oh by the way, I have yet to listen to your latest uploads - just starting holiday today after finishing some 5 month long projects so I have some time now :)

@holsen - My point being that there is a stunning & perfect IEM in the Astra - you just need to find the way to her heart!

@holsen Maybe the fit lab can....

@jon parker What is this filter you speak of?
😁😁😁 Perhaps. I'll start a dialogue with Bob. For sure, when they are paired with the right music, they're blissful but then there's what I described this morning. That against the context that I've rotated myself in and out of several IEMs over the last couple of years to a nice little collection of earphones that excell at differnt things but any of which I could be happy listening to anything. We'll see how this shakes out.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3,665 of 17,972
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #3,666 of 17,972
Yeah, OK but you cant compare a miniturized electrostatic with inbuilt amplifier again a stax unit that requires it's own 5 pin external amplifier. Very Different animals. None-the-less, offence intended. And yes, I am an IMR fan but I'm no one's fanboy....
Everything fine, you are right.
And i love my Reds too. 😉 Elan will be my next step- or maybe Dark Matter 😎

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #3,667 of 17,972
@holsen - It does bring up an interesting point though which crossed my mind - Should a TOTL line level of IEM such as the Astra be SO good it only works with really well done mixed & mastered records OR should it be SO good that everything sounds amazing with it?

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #3,668 of 17,972
Bobs magic filters !!
Don't know if these pics really reveal or tell you much but this be them :)

bobs magic.jpg

bobs magic 2.jpg

Is that not the Zenith Gold or Copper, i always get them mixed up. It is the film in the nozzle as per the Gold nozzle in all the 2 part sets, does it have filter material in it too?

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #3,669 of 17,972
@holsen - It does bring up an interesting point though which crossed my mind - Should a TOTL line level of IEM such as the Astra be SO good it only works with really well done mixed & mastered records OR should it be SO good that everything sounds amazing with it?

Neither.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #3,670 of 17,972
Everything fine, you are right.
And i love my Reds too. 😉 Elan will be my next step- or maybe Dark Matter 😎
I LOVED my Reds but had to sell them :'( The Elan's are are a WHOLE 'nother level. I do love the Aten driver but if you can get the Elan....The ADLC/CNT driver offers a lot more but what the bone conduction driver gives you is like the difference between enjoying and getting tipsy on a good vintage whisky but then taking magic mushrooms ! o_0

Elans be like
https://fb.watch/7mwkQ100kN/

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #3,671 of 17,972
I LOVED my Reds but had to sell them :'( The Elan's are are a WHOLE 'nother level. I do love the Aten driver but if you can get the Elan....The ADLC/CNT driver offers a lot more but what the bone conduction driver gives you is like the difference between enjoying and getting tipsy on a good vintage whisky but then taking magic mushrooms ! o_0

Elans be like

https://fb.watch/7mwkQ100kN/

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #3,672 of 17,972
Is that not the Zenith Gold or Copper, i always get them mixed up. It is the film in the nozzle as per the Gold nozzle in all the 2 part sets, does it have filter material in it too?
Im not sure - Bob said he made them - As far as I can tell there is nothing inside them (they are single unit) The front nozzle is metal mesh. Not sure what the bottom material is?

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #3,673 of 17,972
I dont know... That would be my inclination but I'd be interested in your thoughts. I've got a set of speakers I laid out $10,000 for years ago and I never felt I would need a set of back ups to swap them out for depending on the genre I'm listening to. They either sound amazing or they dont... I kind of feel the same way about IEMS. Some IEM are mezmerizingly detailed and there are times for that but some times you want tonal excellence but not so much detail that you cant concentrate on your work. That's that collection I'm working on. But anything I keep needs to sound great with anything I listen to.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #3,674 of 17,972
Nice..... Could be an Elan in my future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back